Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Dion jordan reminds me a lot of jason taylor

1. -51
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    except Jordan had only FIVE sacks in the PAC-12 this guy is WAY overhyped[COLOR="Silver"]
    He didn't rush the passer as much as you think. Dropped into coverage a lot.

Chandler Jones had only 4.5 sacks in the Big East last year. I think the Patriots are pretty happy with him. Hell, Jason Pierre-Paul only had 5.5 sacks in the Big East back in 2009. Think the Giants are pretty happy with him rushing the passer.

also a MAJOR liability in the run game
    That's just not accurate.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Chandler Jones started only 7 games his senior due to injury, JPP had 6.5 sacks while starting only 7 of 13 games. they both weighed 260.... at ONLY 243 at 6'7 that is too light to play Tight End in the NFL, much less Defensive End... his pad level is atrocious and he has no center of gravity.. This guy is way too over hyped.. Jason Taylor was 6'6 255... only got into the 240's at the tale end of his career as a situational pass rusher.. Dion Jordan and Jason Taylor do not even belong in the same sentence. We are talking about a First Ballot Hall Of Famer who has the most fumbles returned for touchdowns.. out of any position and arguably the greatest pass rusher of all time.......
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Chandler Jones started only 7 games his senior due to injury, JPP had 6.5 sacks while starting only 7 of 13 games.
    Jason Pierre-Paul played in every single game in 2009. I was there for every single home game. And I don't see nit picking over 5.5 or 6.5 sacks. CFBstats.com says 5.5 sacks but the point remains whether it's 5.5 or 6.5. Both Chandler Jones and Jason Pierre-Paul played as full time defensive ends, whereas Dion Jordan backs up a lot into coverage as an outside linebacker. I don't particularly care if some website says Jason only started 7 games, I was there for all of them, he played and he played often, and he rushed the passer often.

Jason Taylor was 6'6 255... only got into the 240's at the tale end of his career as a situational pass rusher..
    And again this is just plain inaccurate. Jason Taylor early in his career was lighter than he was at the end of his career. He gradually got heavier later in his career. But he didn't even start out at 245 lbs coming out of Akron. I'm pretty sure he was in the 230's. It was pretty well known that some of his listed weights were bold lies, and he was only ever listed at 244 lbs.

Dion Jordan and Jason Taylor do not even belong in the same sentence. We are talking about a First Ballot Hall Of Famer who has the most fumbles returned for touchdowns.. out of any position and arguably the greatest pass rusher of all time.......
    On this basis, all draft prospects are disqualified from comparison with any/all accomplished former/current NFL players. Therefore, I reject this line of thinking. Comparisons can be useful.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    @ckparrothead

well USF's website said he started 7 out of 13... I agree with the comparison basis, but he is simply not that good of a prospect to be compared to Jason Taylor. I don't see what there is to like about Jordan... 6'7 so he stands straight up... he can drop back in coverage for a 6-7 D-end.... that doesn't help us seeing that Wake drops about 2-4 times a game and only on zone blitzes. Instead of everyone getting all hyped on a 6'7 D end who can drop in coverage or listen to Mel Kiper or Todd McShay.. I suggest watching film or watching games. The best defensive end in the entire class has yet to come up on here besides when I bring him up. Florida State's Brandon Jenkins... He broke his foot early in the season and missed the rest of the year.. before he got hurt you would never even know the name Bjoern Werner unless you are a FSU fan. And if the medical checks out that he is ok we should absolutely look at drafting him. Right now he is projected as a 2nd-3rd round pick was a preseason all american and is a proven player. Why not sign a FA like Freeney, Avril, Johnson, or sign Anthony Spencer or Connor Barwin and move them to DE. Or take Jenkins with our 2nd 2nd.
    watch these videos and you will see a natural pass rusher with multiple moves who can play the run. Basically the opposite of Jordan.. Jordan has a huge bust factor about him and you can't miss on first round picks.... PASS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZVl1rFjCpM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUQMcZDIuw
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    @ckparrothead

well USF's website said he started 7 out of 13... I agree with the comparison basis, but he is simply not that good of a prospect to be compared to Jason Taylor. I don't see what there is to like about Jordan... 6'7 so he stands straight up... he can drop back in coverage for a 6-7 D-end.... that doesn't help us seeing that Wake drops about 2-4 times a game and only on zone blitzes. Instead of everyone getting all hyped on a 6'7 D end who can drop in coverage or listen to Mel Kiper or Todd McShay.. I suggest watching film or watching games. The best defensive end in the entire class has yet to come up on here besides when I bring him up. Florida State's Brandon Jenkins... He broke his foot early in the season and missed the rest of the year.. before he got hurt you would never even know the name Bjoern Werner unless you are a FSU fan. And if the medical checks out that he is ok we should absolutely look at drafting him. Right now he is projected as a 2nd-3rd round pick was a preseason all american and is a proven player. Why not sign a FA like Freeney, Avril, Johnson, or sign Anthony Spencer or Connor Barwin and move them to DE. Or take Jenkins with our 2nd 2nd.
    watch these videos and you will see a natural pass rusher with multiple moves who can play the run. Basically the opposite of Jordan.. Jordan has a huge bust factor about him and you can't miss on first round picks.... PASS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZVl1rFjCpM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUQMcZDIuw
    I appreciate the insinuation that I just sit and listen to Todd McShay and Mel Kiper and that I don't sit and actually watch the games.

Listen, you don't like Dion Jordan. I get it. That's fine. I've been doing draft analysis plenty long enough to know how everything is in the eye of the beholder and there can be intelligent disagreement about just about every player. No matter how obvious something seems, there are intelligent people that will disagree with it. The smart people learn this and respect it.

But you might want to slow your roll, take a pause and actually ask someone what they think before you start up with your vitriolic "I'm going to tell you what you think and why you think it and why you're wrong" BS. It doesn't make you look very good. You're representing yourself poorly by assuming people just sit around and listen to Mel Kiper and Todd McShay and don't do any film analysis of their own. Especially when you then turn around and start bragging about how nobody "except an FSU fan" would know who Bjoern Werner was if Brandon Jenkins hadn't got hurt. I've had Bjoern as the #1 defensive end for the 2013 Draft since May of 2012, and I'm not even close to an FSU fan. At that time he was probably 10th down the list of DEs (if not further) for the likes of McShay and Kiper. I could give two ****s what McShay says and though I respect Kiper a lot more, I still don't really read his stuff.

By the way this isn't ****ing twitter. You don't have to address me as "@ckparrothead" in order to reply to something I say.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't even have a twitter, my response was too long to Quote, I don't want you to take what I said out of context. I was speaking in generalities when I said to watch games and not listen to McShay or Kiper whom I think we can both agree on aren't very good. I wasn't implying that you don't watch games, that you are an FSU fan by the sounds of it you are a USF fan. I'm just not a big fan of Jordan.. I mean we all see the potential.. but there is too high of a risk and everyone on here would go crazy if Ireland missed on a first round pick, especially with this being one of our most important offseasons in years.. by no means am I trying to say I know all this and you don't know ****. I just don't like Jordan enough to take him @ #12, but I agree that you can definitely add Pass Rusher to our list of needs, and I apologize I didn't mean to come across as a know-it-all ********.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Dion jordan reminds me a lot of jason taylor"

great, let's spend our 4th rounder on him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's a fantastic idea!
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Right now that position has th most interesting prospects for #12 but that could also mean good to wait until #42, get same caliber at cheaper price.

Zeke Ansah, Dion Jordan, Sheldon Richardson, Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore, Alex Okafor...
    I am starting to warm greatly to Damontre Moore. Can we just trade the whole draft for the TA&M guys?
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    I am starting to warm greatly to Damontre Moore. Can we just trade the whole draft for the TA&M guys?
    Im with you man. Werner, mingo or moore. Be a good start to the draft.
    Quote Quote