Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: No extra 6th round pick from the Colts

1. -51
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The reason Ireland isn't getting the extra 6th is because with the exception of a game or two, Vonate pretty much sucked with the Colts this season.
    Wasn't the condition of getting the pick based on playing time? Ireland gets credit for trading "an injury plagued" player and reading the tea leaves that Vontea would once again miss a large part of the season so shouldn't he have had the wherewithal to NOT make playing time a prerequisite to getting the conditional pick?
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I believe most people on here are not upset that we traded Davis....it's more about the fact that we should not have drafted him in the first place. So we used a 1st round pick on him but got only a 2nd in return. The guy was truble off the field in college just like his brother and Ireland should have seen this. Believe me, out team's problems date back to before Ireland came to Miami. I have said this before. But he has not fix the problems since he's been here. He at last drafted a QB that most of us feel we can win games with but other than that his drafts have been pretty dull and his track record in free agency has not been nothing to write home about either.But, to make the 10% or so of the fan base that believe JI deserves another chance happy, Ross will keep him as the GM and will upset the other 90% of the fans. Just another amazing move by Ross.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Wasn't the condition of getting the pick based on playing time? Ireland gets credit for trading "an injury plagued" player and reading the tea leaves that Vontea would once again miss a large part of the season so shouldn't he have had the wherewithal to NOT make playing time a prerequisite to getting the conditional pick?
    Oh dude, is pointless. They'll find a way to spin and twist things around so that nothing is ever Ireland's fault.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    So let me get this straight. Irelands strikes out on the 6th round pick and instead of holding him accountable we than shift the blame to vontae?? lol, never ceases to amaze me.
    what ceases to amaze me, is how people blame Ireland for a players injury... now unless he goes out onto the feild ala "last boyscout" and shoots these guys in the knee, how is it exactly his fault? To me that's not bad choice making, it's bad luck!

Nobody can say if who got the better part of deal just yet, as we haven't used the pick we recieved from the colts...

What sad lives some of you must lead to knock yourselves out for things that haven't happened yet. sheesh!
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
    what ceases to amaze me, is how people blame Ireland for a players injury... now unless he goes out onto the feild ala "last boyscout" and shoots these guys in the knee, how is it exactly his fault? To me that's not bad choice making, it's bad luck!

Nobody can say if who got the better part of deal just yet, as we haven't used the pick we recieved from the colts...

What sad lives some of you must lead to knock yourselves out for things that haven't happened yet. sheesh!
    Man, defending Ireland all the time could be a bad "Omen"......lol

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

You really are dense aren't you?

I suppose you were in the room while the deal was being made? did ever occure to you that maybe, JUST MAYBE, it was the Colts who put that condition into the trade deal and not Ireland? Sure Ireland would have to agree to the terms, and who knows how much of that was a deal breaker if it was the colts demands, but really what was the risk/reward anyways, a freaking 6th round pick!
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The reason Ireland isn't getting the extra 6th is because with the exception of a game or two, Vonate pretty much sucked with the Colts this season.
    So you hold ireland accountable, not vontae. He should have requested a guaranteed 6th rd pick, not conditional.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
    You really are dense aren't you?

did ever occure to you that maybe, JUST MAYBE, it was the Colts who put that condition into the trade deal and not Ireland?
    Does it occur to you that Ireland is allowed to say "no"?
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Football On My Mind 24 Hrs Per Day

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Awesome trade Ireland.....NOT

Ozzy rules!!
    You realize with got a 2nd Rd pick for a lazy and injury-plagued player?! We are also going to be getting 1 or 2 Comp picks due to the loss of Davis and Marshall. We are loaded with picks.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Man, defending Ireland all the time could be a bad "Omen"......lol

Ozzy rules!!

clever boy...

I'm nuetral on Ireland, believe it or not... But to throw all the blame onto him for certain things isn't correct... Things aren't always Black and white like people want to believe. But I get it, for the folks who pick every oppurtunity to slam him, it helps them cope with a season that didn't live up to their personal expectations for the team... While there is nothing wrong with wanting your team to win, complaining about everything, changes nothing!

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Does it occur to you that Ireland is allowed to say "no"?
    you didn't even bother to read my entire post did you?
    Quote Quote