Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hayden Fox's End of the Year Assessment

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't wait until we're well past the point of ever being impressed by competitive losses.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
    Good stuff... rarely do I read a long post because sometimes people tend to ramble but, you kept it fresh and gave a fair assesment...

I'm glad you understand that building a team from the floor up like Philbin is doing is a process and takes time, a lot of people think everything can be fixed in a single off season.
    Ireland has been here for five seasons and what has his team done? They broke records for for fewest TDs by WRs and fewest turnovers generated by the defense over a 7 game stretch. These are league wide, all time records and we did them BOTH in the SAME season, thats quite a feat if you ask me.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Thanks...I think with so much focus about how important the offseason will be, fans think there will be an immediate turn around. It might not be the case. Keep looking for progress.
    There is no reason we can't make the playoffs next year. No reason at all.
    It's time to be successful Coach Philbin. Have you decided what you should master yet? It's time to step up Mr. Tannehill, you're starting year three too.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Ireland has been here for five seasons and what has his team done? They broke records for for fewest TDs by WRs and fewest turnovers generated by the defense over a 7 game stretch. These are league wide, all time records and we did them BOTH in the SAME season, thats quite a feat if you ask me.

wow, your really digging deep on the "obscure stat chart" for that one...

I actually read your comment earlier in this thread and was suprised you went a whole post without bashing Ireland, thought you may have turned a corner, so much for that...

btw, Ireland wasn;t the only man running the show just like he isn't now...

the first 3 out of those 5yrs, it was a different management, different philosophy... Ireland was only doing what fit the philosphy... Now lets not pretend that Tuna was the man in charge (No, I'm not taking all the blame off of Ireland and putting it on Tuna... they all played a part in it), Ireland was doing what his boss wanted him to do.... Just like I hope you do what your boss tells you what to do.

It's now a different philosophy, new managment (HC and coaching staff) and Ireland is doing his part in working with these guys in trying to find players that fit the new program... While, Ireland is the GM, if he ****s thing up in his choices, he'll be dealt with, and handled accordingly, just like Sparano did last year (and if it wasn't for Hardbaugh, he woulda got the boot two years ago) but if you truly look at the grand scheme It's a collective effort, why can't you figure that out?
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    been here for a while

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey,

That was excellent. I really agree with the tone and reality of your post. Question? What are your thoughts on the draft? I would be interested in knowing your take.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good work Hayden, I was also fine with letting Tannehill sit this year, but he was the best QB in camp and starting him right away was the right decision. The experience he gained this year will pay off down the road.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Hey,

That was excellent. I really agree with the tone and reality of your post. Question? What are your thoughts on the draft? I would be interested in knowing your take.

Thanks
    Thanks. My early and very broad take on the draft at this is to draft a pass rusher at 12, find a vertical threat in the 2nd or 3rd round and look for a corner that might be able to compete for a starting job.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well done Mr. Fox, I know some of your opinions have gotten you some jest from the board (and I'll admit to having fun at your expense from time to time, but all in good fun), but you are one of the few who will admit you were proven wrong about something. Still don't agree that Mike Sherman was a positive this year (key word this year) but he is a guy that the board either loves or hates. No really in between.

Your write ups always tend to be an even keeled response in the midst of emotional threads.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    You forgot to nominate Omar for a Pulitzer
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well done Hayden, a very fair analysis. I really feel we finally have the right set of coaches and add to that finally biting the bullet on a 1st round QB I feel things are really looking up. Have great ammunition for this off season so hopefully the start of something special. Exciting times to be a fan but still a load of work to do, especially on offense.
    Quote Quote