Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hayden Fox's End of the Year Assessment

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Excellent summary. I particularly liked the notion that we should appreciate Cameron Wake. He's going to turn 31 in a few weeks. I never thought he'd reach this level and he's improved certain aspects of his game every season.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    good read...

i think some of you guys are a little too concerned about cam wakes age at this time...he's young by nfl standards given his years in the league and there's no doubt in my mind barring injury we'll get double digit sack production on a yearly basis through the end of that contract extension he recently signed...taking cfl snaps and taking nfl ones are two totally different animals...he's got plenty left in the tank

i would disagree with charles clay made no progress this year he started out the year pretty much bad and couldn't be trusted to run routes based on the coverage he was seeing and knowing when to carry the route and when to sit down in voids vs zone but as the season progressed he started to make strides and become a more consistent contributor and someone tannehill even looked for...the production definitely overall was underwhelming but there's no reason to think that with another camp he can't continue to make strides...

surprised michael egnew was left out...cause that was awful...

big offseason for miami...and let's hope the targets aren't a lot of the names i'm seeing tossed around on here of late...irelands needs to come through...and by through i mean impact draft talent and free agent additions...no excuses
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I also left out that I give Steve Ross credit for never having a home game blacked out. Whether it was his direction or Mike Dee or area businesses coming through. I give credit to the FO for allowing games to be on locally.

Keeping the games on locally is ultimately good business.

Also, blackouts do not affect me based on where I live, but I know it is important to the people of South Florida...esp. those that hurting economically during these tough times. For a family of four it might be hard to go to a game at this point. This is something Mr. Ross got right.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hayden, you gloss over the TE position. The fact you can only point to 1 play, kinda makes my point as a whole. TE is needed ASAP.

How many of you here can continue to NOT expect anything from the TE position is scary. You people scream for playmakers but yet are happy with a corn fed lineman playing TE.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I also left out that I give Steve Ross credit for never having a home game blacked out. Whether it was his direction or Mike Dee or area businesses coming through. I give credit to the FO for allowing games to be on locally.

Keeping the games on locally is ultimately good business.
    Yep. It was a smart decision by Steve Ross, and also a generous one for his fans. To bring people back, to build the fan base back up, he has to invest a little when things are tough.

I know that many are not fans of Ross, but he is quite frankly a better owner than Wayne. Wayne just hired the big name and never insisted on accountability. If Ross's 'meddling' means he is going to buy out tickets to prevent blackouts, fire a bad head coach, seek third party evaluations of his football team, and veto a trade and contract for Kyle Orton, then meddling ownership is exactly what this franchise needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Hayden, you gloss over the TE position. The fact you can only point to 1 play, kinda makes my point as a whole. TE is needed ASAP.

How many of you here can continue to NOT expect anything from the TE position is scary. You people scream for playmakers but yet are happy with a corn fed lineman playing TE.
    People like Fasano because he is a lunch pail and hard hat kind of guy. But you are 100% correct that we flat out need a better athlete there. Compared to Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, guys like that, Anthony Fasano doesn't even play the same position, much less play at the same level.
    God bless, I'll hang up and listen.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    A seam threat is needed at TE...no doubt. Whether it is Finley, Cook, Keller or a draft pick, I agree that the next step in RT's progress might not be a Mike Wallace, but an athletic TE.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Yep. It was a smart decision by Steve Ross, and also a generous one for his fans. To bring people back, to build the fan base back up, he has to invest a little when things are tough.

I know that many are not fans of Ross, but he is quite frankly a better owner than Wayne. Wayne just hired the big name and never insisted on accountability. If Ross's 'meddling' means he is going to buy out tickets to prevent blackouts, fire a bad head coach, seek third party evaluations of his football team, and veto a trade and contract for Kyle Orton, then meddling ownership is exactly what this franchise needed.

People like Fasano because he is a lunch pail and hard hat kind of guy. But you are 100% correct that we flat out need a better athlete there. Compared to Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, guys like that, Anthony Fasano doesn't even play the same position, much less play at the same level.
    Thats fine. But at this level, and with a young developing QB...TE is a must. Through Fasano's play this year, he stayed true to who he is, or who I think he is. He again disappeared games at a time, could never be relied upon consistently for his young QB and was never a real threat to opposing defenses. 3 years, thats how long its been since Ireland acknowledged that the position needs to be upgraded. This off season, its a must. He handicapped Henne, he shouldn't do the same to Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Excellent summary. I particularly liked the notion that we should appreciate Cameron Wake. He's going to turn 31 in a few weeks. I never thought he'd reach this level and he's improved certain aspects of his game every season.
    Just want to second (third) this opinion. Five years ago, this guy is out of football, working as a mortgage broker, sitting on his couch watching games. Today, he's arguably the best 4-3 DE in the NFL. You just can't make that kind of stuff up, and it's a big privilege to be a part of it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I also pegged this team for about 5 wins. I agree with so much of what you said, saw a lot of growth in Tannehill and that was so big this year. He already has the manage the game philosophy down and hopefully can take it to the next level with some playmakers added. Agree we need a pass rusher in a big way. This draft is setup so well for Miami to get help in that area. Also glad you mentioned the offensive line. That this unit hasn't been solidified completely is a big disappointment. If the team doesn't re-sign Jake Long, we need a lot of help -- at least two starters. Not at all happy with the guard play and the secondary, minus Jones, is a mess. I can't wait for free agency and the draft. We have the resources to improve quickly.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Philbin/Ireland tried to score on a TE in the 3rd with Egnew, but sadly it appears that didn't work out, TE was slim pickings last year (in terms of our draft position and FA and cap space). I'd be extremly suprised if they don't upgrade that position this offseason, Pilbin utualized the TE position to great success in GB, I'm sure he will try to do the same here.
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote