Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt Elam, HoneyBadger, or other DB in 2nd

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Matt Elam, HoneyBadger, or other DB in 2nd

Matt Elam would be a perfect fit for Miami. Reshad and Him would be a talented Safety combination. Elam can play both positions and even spot up CB. He's a ball hawk and tackles well, him and Jones would be a young hard hitting combo for years to come.
    How do you guys feel with taking this guy in early 2nd
    OR
    the HoneyBadger.

I know the kid likes to smoke pot but what other 18-22 y/o college student doesnt? Give him a chance under proper leadership, enforce rules, I'm sure he will pan out. LOOK AT JENORIS JENKINS! I was praying we'd take a chance on him. He was a guaranteed 1st round pick if it wasnt for his "off the field issues" (marijuana)

People do not realize that these are kids and will make mistakes. Granted it will cost them a round in the draft, but under proper coaching, which the dolphins appear to have, He could and WILL flourish.
    It's time to take a chance in this draft. Go for the IMPACT players that can be molded into proper Vets.

Damn this offseason just has my mind going...
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bcsupratt View Post
    Matt Elam would be a perfect fit for Miami. Reshad and Him would be a talented Safety combination. Elam can play both positions and even spot up CB. He's a ball hawk and tackles well, him and Jones would be a young hard hitting combo for years to come.
    OR
    the HoneyBadger.

I know the kid likes to smoke pot but what other 18-22 y/o college student doesnt? Give him a chance under proper leadership, enforce rules, I'm sure he will pan out. LOOK AT JENORIS JENKINS! I was praying we'd take a chance on him. He was a guaranteed 1st round pick if it wasnt for his "off the field issues" (marijuana)

People do not realize that these are kids and will make mistakes. Granted it will cost them a round in the draft, but under proper coaching, which the dolphins appear to have, He could and WILL flourish.
    It's time to take a chance in this draft. Go for the IMPACT players that can be molded into proper Vets.

Tyrann Mathieu is vastly over-rated. After a year off, smoking more than just "a little" weed, only being 5-9, poor technique etc. makes using a 2nd round pick on him a huge reach/waste. He's a 3rd day flier pick at this point.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OR
    the HoneyBadger.

I'm not sure we were watching the same Matt Elam. I didn't think he was especially great in coverage. He looks like a hard hitting SS to me, not a FS or "spot up CB". Plus he's a borderline sociopath. That's all we need is 15 yard PF penalites extending opposing O's drives becauce Elam came smashing through the wash and lays a helmet to helmet hit on some running back.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like where your heads at, I'd take Elam with our early 2nd rd pick if he's there if not get Baccari Rambo in the 3rd. But I say we trade our 1st and 3rd to move in position to get T'eo, then with our remaining 2nd we get a solid cornerback prospect (Amerson/ or Logan Ryan). Then with our other third we get someone like Joseph Fauria who will be a great weapon in the NFL. So if were up to me it'd look something like this
    1st (Traded up)- Manti T'eo
    2nd- Matt Elam
    2nd- Amerson (Or Logan Ryan, preferably Amerson though)
    3rd- Joseph Fauria.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    DieHard FinFan 4 Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bear, DE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    I like where your heads at, I'd take Elam with our early 2nd rd pick if he's there if not get Baccari Rambo in the 3rd. But I say we trade our 1st and 3rd to move in position to get T'eo, then with our remaining 2nd we get a solid cornerback prospect (Amerson/ or Logan Ryan). Then with our other third we get someone like Joseph Fauria who will be a great weapon in the NFL. So if were up to me it'd look something like this
    1st (Traded up)- Manti T'eo
    2nd- Matt Elam
    2nd- Amerson (Or Logan Ryan, preferably Amerson though)
    3rd- Joseph Fauria.
    I don't think Safety is a position that really needs to be address with one of our first 3 picks, yes Clemons is not a flashy player, but the CB position is the achilles heel on our defense. I would have no issue drafting Rambo in the third (see sig below), but I would focus on playmakers at other positions with our first three picks (also see sig below.) If we couldn't get Miliner in the 1rst, than I do like Logan Ryan in the second.
    2014 Miami Dolphins Draft Class

1. OT: Ja'wuan James -Tennessee
    2. WR: Jarvis Landry -LSU
    3. OT: Billy Turner-North Dakota State
    4. DB: Walt Aikens-Liberty
    5. TE: Authur Lynch - Georgia
    5. LB: Jordan Tripp - Montana
    6. WR: Matt Hazel-Coastal Carolina
    7. DE: Terrance Fede- Marist
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Matt Elam, HoneyBadger, or other DB in 2nd

I'll take Rambo over Elam all day. As for the Honeybadger, I would not hesitate to draft him in the 4th round for his return skills alone.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I'm not sure we were watching the same Matt Elam. I didn't think he was especially great in coverage. He looks like a hard hitting SS to me, not a FS or "spot up CB". Plus he's a borderline sociopath. That's all we need is 15 yard PF penalites extending opposing O's drives becauce Elam came smashing through the wash and lays a helmet to helmet hit on some running back.
    Seems as if you are basing your opinion on Elam on that one late hit non-call last night in the Sugar Bowl
    and considering you're a Louisville fan, I can see where you'd get mad at that. But dont be quick to judge Elam's skillset based on a biased point of view

Watch more of his tape and not one game and then you'll agree why everyone has him on their board as an elite late 1st/early 2nd round talent
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love Matt Elam, watch him all year, the guy just makes plays, would be a fantastic pick up in the 2nd, but not sure he makes it that far, think low first for him although that pathetic showing last night by the Gators may have hurt his and a few other guys stock a bit. After seeing Newcastle get beat yet again, I was hoping for a bit of a lift from the gators but omg.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Seems as if you are basing your opinion on Elam on that one late hit non-call last night in the Sugar Bowl
    and considering you're a Louisville fan, I can see where you'd get mad at that. But dont be quick to judge Elam's skillset based on a biased point of view

Watch more of his tape and not one game and then you'll agree why everyone has him on their board as an elite late 1st/early 2nd round talent
    Oh I'm not basing my opinion on just one game. The guy has been doing stuff like that all year. There's video of him body slamming guys out of bounds.

And I never said he wasn't a 1st or 2nd round pick. I just said I don't think he's a FS or CB at the NFL level. He's a damn fine SS for sure. U of L was trying to get him in man coverage on their WRs. They succeeded once and got him on the boundary against Parker. Unfortunately Parker slipped on his cut and Bridgewater hit the back pylon with his pass. I'm guessing that would have been a touchdown, I'll take Parker in that one on one match up in the endzone against Elam all day long. Now crossing over the middle with Elam running around like a heat seeking missile? Hell no. I'm pretty sure Elam would be covered under the proposed assault weapons ban.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Tes View Post
    Tyrann Mathieu is vastly over-rated. After a year off, smoking more than just "a little" weed, only being 5-9, poor technique etc. makes using a 2nd round pick on him a huge reach/waste. He's a 3rd day flier pick at this point.
    I don't care what anyone says, Honeybadger is a stud. His skills are ****ing unreal
    Last edited by ROADRUNNER; 01-06-2013 at 05:16 AM.
    Quote Quote