Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First Round Mock + Scouting Report

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I think there might be a little bit of a disconnect between the way NFL teams are thinking on Jarvis Jones and the way the public is thinking on him. Medical issues are generally difficult for those outside of the NFL to get their arms around, and actually pretty difficult for those in the NFL too. There will be a lot of poking and prodding around Jarvis Jones' neck before the Combine and the results of those tests are unknown to me and unknown to everyone else in the wide universe.

However, it speaks poorly that USC flat out told him he should quit football to where he had to go transfer somewhere else. That's an ouch. I'm not saying NFL teams will look and conclude he needs to quit football. But for his spinal stenosis to be bad enough that USC would make that conclusion, you know it's not some total non-issue. And if it's not a total non-issue it would tend to drop a guy out of the 1st round completely. You could even see him take a drop similar to Da'Quan Bowers.

I'm not a doctor and I don't even play one on TV. But I do know Marcus McNeil was a pretty good left tackle prospect who dropped out of the 1st round because of spinal stenosis. It didn't stop him from being damn near rookie of the year for the Chargers. However, the stenosis won before the end of his 6th year in the NFL, and he is now retired.
    Yeah I have heard about that... that is why I dropped him to #6.. top 5 player in the class? without a doubt.. that being said I have no idea how the medical will check out
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I personally think it was arguable whether he rated quite that high even taking aside the stenosis.

Personally until I get word that the stenosis really is a non-issue, he's not even going to appear in the 1st round in many if any of my mocks.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm going to go out on a very shakey limb here... I think the Jets shock the world and try their hand with another USC QB and draft Barkley in the first. Did I just hear a huge snap and am now fallng lol...
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tom Gamble from San Francisco is expected to take the Jets GM position.

That's a good hire. But if Jim Harbaugh rubbed off on him in any way, and/or if Gamble had any say in the choosing of Colin Kaepernick, then Gamble is more likely to make a play for Geno Smith than Matt Barkley. Harbaugh prizes quick feet and athleticism.

But then, Barkley has very quick feet and being able to make things happen on the move is an underrated aspect of his game.

They could just go for Mike Vick now that I think on it. Gamble was for a long time the director of pro personnel in San Fran and his team was generally active in the signing of veterans, especially some older veterans. Gamble recognizes the worth in veterans, even ones too old to be deemed attractive. In that way it wouldn't surprise me to see him go for Mike Vick.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: First Round Mock + Scouting Report

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    I'm going to go out on a very shakey limb here... I think the Jets shock the world and try their hand with another USC QB and draft Barkley in the first. Did I just hear a huge snap and am now fallng lol...
    I dint think you are too far off base. They may even try to move up to get Geno if he makes it past the first pick. Doubtful on that though, very doubtful. Murray could be in play as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know that it will be necessary to move up for a Geno Smith. He'll fall.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: First Round Mock + Scouting Report

Do you think he will go number 1? Or, are you saying he will fall if not chosen number 1. You could be right...I don't know the other team's draft needs very well but I know the Jets suck at QB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who goes number 1 for you then? No way KC passes on a QB, not with Reid coming in. He is not going to start off there with no one under center. I've been saying it for months that Geno is going #1. I think the hiring of Reid and KC with the first locks this down. I also think the way things were run this year in NY, the Jets have no choice but to draft QB with their first. I would not be surprised at all that 3 QBs go in the top 10 picks. It all starts and ends with your QB. This year they will all be a reach with where they are selected but I'm banking on some very surprised experts after the first ten picks run their course. There is going to be a lot of talent left on the board for us at 12 to either address WR CB or DE with possibly one of the best rated players at the position still avilable.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would love Eifert, but I think we could trade down eight spots and still get him no? That seems very high for Murray and Te'o as well. I like Te'o, but I don't think he's better than Willis who went #9. In fact, if I were a betting man, I'd say he makes it to #12. Isn't Murray more of a 2nd round prospect? A lot can change between now and the draft so he could move up, but that seems like a huge stretch right now.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Question for those more familiar with these prospects and also have a good pulse on what our pressing needs are ; are we better off taking an a TE like Eifert over a pass rusher Barkevious Mingo (in this mock, he slotted 2 picks lower)?
    Last edited by ThrowDaTD; 01-04-2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Sorry, I didn't read the mock correctly.
    Quote Quote