Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First Round Mock + Scouting Report

1. -31
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    his route running and ability to make catches in traffics seperate him from other tight ends... and he catches as good of a jump ball as i have ever seen
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdandinches View Post
    It makes no sense to me to take a TE that early when there's no elite TE to be had that early. I would hope we would go pass rusher or trade back then.
    Who cares when we start scoring TD's and reggie bush suddenly has an edge to run on consistantly?

If this were even somewhat close to Tony Gonzalez you telling me taking a TE is too early?
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    I cannot recall a better TE coming out of the draft than Tyler Eifert that is why I have him our #1 pick I would try to trade down a few but would take him #12.. we did take a center #15 only two years ago...... The first round tight ends you mentioned were scrubs besides shockey or clark.... thats like saying don't take Andrew Luck #1 cus HOU took this guy David Carr.. and OAK took Jamarcus Russell... that argument is pointless... as you stated Gronk fell to the second because of injury so he could of been a first round..and you have mingo our first round pick? the guy can't even be a starter in a base defense yet he is not a good run defender so why waste a #1 on a situational pass rusher when we already have Vernon..... Eifert will be incredible watch
    Funny how you compare TE's to QB's when you tried to make your point, there is no comparison to the most important position in football to the TE position. My point is TE isn't that important of a position in the grand scheme of things compared to DE and a pass rushing DE at that. How did the NYG beat the highest scoring offense of all time..pass rush. How did the NYG beat the undefeated Pats, pass rush. I point out the Pats defeats because they went to two Superbowls recently one with out any big name TE's and one with the new TE is eveything offense and lost both to a super pass rushing defense.

I also don't see T.Eifert as this great TE, he may very well be real good and to be honest I would love to draft this kid but not at 12 or anything close to it. An improved pass rush hides our secondary weaknesses and makes our defense awesome...it was already pretty decent to start with. A TE doesn't have that same effect on offfense, our offense needs a lot of help and TE is a small part of that. Pass rush in my eyes is huge.

It's a difference of opinion and I do respect yours I just don't agree with it. Sign me up for a great pass rush please.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SMadison29 View Post
    Mingo started 10 games this year the same us Montgomery & they rotated those other starts with another draftable DE Lavar Edwards. Eifort is not a top 20 pick IMO or 17 picks better than Ertz. He does nothing exceptionally better than Ertz. The value isn't there.
    His power block is a ton better than Ertz. All you have to do is watch the flicks. Ertz will have to hit weight room after first year while Eifert is already there.

This is a fact that scouts wanted to see Eifert get his blocking skills down knowing that he had the power and build. He answered those questions this year. Anyone on here can say anything they want about drafting someone too early. There is no such thing for great players being taken too early. If anyone cannot admit that Eifert is a great football player I would have to disregard alot of what a person says about a football player let alone where they need to be drafted.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Who cares when we start scoring TD's and reggie bush suddenly has an edge to run on consistantly?

If this were even somewhat close to Tony Gonzalez you telling me taking a TE is too early?
    No I never said drafting a TE at 12 is to early, I think drafting T.Eifert at 12 is to early. I do not see T.Eifert as the next T.Gonzalez, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not. I think the right thing to do this year is to take the best DE available with our 12th pick...I believe that will have a greater impact overall for this team.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No I never said drafting a TE at 12 is to early, I think drafting T.Eifert at 12 is to early. I do not see T.Eifert as the next T.Gonzalez, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not. I think the right thing to do this year is to take the best DE available with our 12th pick...I believe that will have a greater impact overall for this team.
    have you ever considered our pass rusher question might be answered in FA?

Quite frankly, I would rather defensive guys come here via FA. Defense is easier to pick up quickly.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    have you ever considered our pass rusher question might be answered in FA?

Quite frankly, I would rather defensive guys come here via FA. Defense is easier to pick up quickly.
    A high end passrusher in FA will cost a fortune, not many become available at the right age. If we had a shot at M.Johnson then the need to draft a DE in the first is eased, but M.Johnson will be re-signed by Cinci. I have no problem drafting T.Eifert, I think it would be a real good pick for our team....I just think a passrusher is way more important. We could grab J.Cook fairly cheap, he's athletic as anyone, solid underrated TE to go along with Clay and just maybe in the pretend world of letting players develop M.Egnew might actually become something as well.

You made a point about it never being to early to draft a great player, well I've argued that forever. I've argued with people about drafting C's or OG's in the mid 1st when they're destine to greatness until I was blue in the face. A great player is a great player and I believe we have one in M.Pouncy who was a great choice even though some draft experts around here argued 15 was way to early to draft a C....whatever difference of opinion I guess.

I want pass rush, you want TE, I'm sure which ever one we grab both of us will hope for greatness!
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A high end passrusher in FA will cost a fortune, not many become available at the right age. If we had a shot at M.Johnson then the need to draft a DE in the first is eased, but M.Johnson will be re-signed by Cinci. I have no problem drafting T.Eifert, I think it would be a real good pick for our team....I just think a passrusher is way more important. We could grab J.Cook fairly cheap, he's athletic as anyone, solid underrated TE to go along with Clay and just maybe in the pretend world of letting players develop M.Egnew might actually become something as well.

You made a point about it never being to early to draft a great player, well I've argued that forever. I've argued with people about drafting C's or OG's in the mid 1st when they're destine to greatness until I was blue in the face. A great player is a great player and I believe we have one in M.Pouncy who was a great choice even though some draft experts around here argued 15 was way to early to draft a C....whatever difference of opinion I guess.

I want pass rush, you want TE, I'm sure which ever one we grab both of us will hope for greatness!
    yeah but I talk up Eifert so much I scare myself and start thinking outside my box...or at least I try to. BTW, if Werner would somehow make it to us I am all for it. Okafor and his bowl game the other night makes me wonder if his stock rises and we take him.

I also think Ertz is a better deeper threat than Eifert so if somehow went his way I would still be happy. I really want a TE. We havent had one drafted in forever. I think Eifert is a sure thing. He doesnt drop many.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BTW, Tony gonzalez was a good blocking TE as well. His build gave him an edge up IMO. Eifert has that big frame. The thing about a great blocking TE is that playactions are better when the defense cant read run or pass.

I hope we resign Fasano because I think they would feed off each other very nicely.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you can never have enough pass rush... with that being said we have 47M$ in cap space... dwight freeney, anthony spencer, cliff avril, osi umenyiora, michael johnson, connor barwin are all available... there is also a lot more depth at DE then TE in this Draft.... the difference between Eifert, Cook, Keller, Ertz or any available TE is HUGE... the difference between anthony spencer cliff avril, michael johnson, connor barwin, werner dion jordan mingo is not
    Quote Quote