Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First Round Mock + Scouting Report

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrowDaTD View Post
    Question for those more familiar with these prospects and also have a good pulse on what our pressing needs are ; are we better off taking an a TE like Eifert over a pass rusher Barkevious Mingo (in this mock, he slotted 2 picks lower)?
    In a word, no.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would want Mingo with that pick!
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin_Frenzy_84 View Post
    I would want Mingo with that pick!
    He's my choice too, although I wouldn't be disappointed w/many of the DEs in this year's draft.

We are in the AFC East. We should therefore draft players/sign F-As specifically to beat N.E.!! THAT is GOSPEL...we're NOWHERE until we can beat N.E.. And the GIANTS have shown everybody how it's done. Not by wining "shootouts": rather, by making T BRADY's life very, very miserable. That means more pass rush and better DBs...to go w/(at least) ONE solid "burner" at WR.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Boy that would be tough. Eifert or Mingo. We really need another pass rusher. We really need a SPECIAL TE. As long as rd 1 is NOT a WR i'll be OK with it. I have seen too many 1st rd WR busts through the years.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    He's my choice too, although I wouldn't be disappointed w/many of the DEs in this year's draft.

We are in the AFC East. We should therefore draft players/sign F-As specifically to beat N.E.!! THAT is GOSPEL...we're NOWHERE until we can beat N.E.. And the GIANTS have shown everybody how it's done. Not by wining "shootouts": rather, by making T BRADY's life very, very miserable. That means more pass rush and better DBs...to go w/(at least) ONE solid "burner" at WR.
    you also have to score to beat new england idc how miserable you make brady's life.... Eifert has us scoring points.. touchdowns in the redzone instead of tony sparano fist bumping to carpenter field goals from his television set this year
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pitbull13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is no way I take a TE over a pass rusher at 12. If we picked at 23-32 I would consider it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I've already said this at least a million times but I will say it again... IMO... the pick is either an elite edge rusher, manti teo or trade down.

I prefer werner or mingo, but I would not cry if moore was there and we took him as well. I don't think I could pass up teo at 12...

if those scenarios dont' play out, I trade down to the mid twenties or so, pick up an additional 2nd... (something similar to what we did when we drafted odrick after trading down)... there I might be inclined to take eifert...

than I have 3 second round picks and 2 3rd round picks... where I think the majority of the value is at in this upcoming draft... I look to do some major damage with those five picks in two rounds...
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdandinches View Post
    It makes no sense to me to take a TE that early when there's no elite TE to be had that early. I would hope we would go pass rusher or trade back then.
    as of right now, there are only 3 pass rushers I think we should even think about at #12 and that is Damontre Moore, Okafor, and Werner. My thought process is that the person drafted needs to start day one and be productive. For DE that would mean starter day one and at least 8-12 sacks and good vs. the run as well. I dont want some DE for the sake of a getting a DE. some are not great pass rushers and I believe that is what we want.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    This seems like the weakest top 10 in recent memory, maybe since '05. The good news is there seems to be some depth for the 2nd and 3rd round, especially at positions Miami likes. But the top of the draft is soft. If I were a KC or Jax fan, this would be pretty annoying.
    I wouldn't say weakest as much as the elite prospects don't play sexy positions or are guys that the casual fans just haven't heard of. There's also the case of a lot of guys people were looking forward to this year's draft for didn't live up to preseason hype. It all depends on what your team needs. Like if you need OL, DL, or LB this class is looking great. If you need WR it's looking deep but you may not get the dominant number 1 you need (but there are a lot of guys in the draft I think will help us a lot), if you need secondary there are some good players in the 2nd and 3rd round but not top notch guys. If you need QB... well you are hoping that the top ranked guys are worth the risk.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

First Round Mock + Scouting Report

We all need to hope all the QB prospects values get inflated or else what's left with the 12th pick could be fairly disappointing.
    Quote Quote