Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Finally QB is not a major concern!

  1. -31
    Pitbull13's Avatar
    Pitbull13
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    1,502
    vCash:
    3424
    You really can't say if Tanny is good or not. He was a rookie, had poor line play, lacked wr talent. His rookie year was a C grade, made mistakes, made some good throws. He never really put the team on his back like Marino did as a young qb. I think we will know more next year with an upgraded roster. Henne had a promising rookie year and then never really progressed after that. Of course he didn't have a good offensive coordinator or weapons around him. This team has lacked a seam threat TE for a long time, a (good) burner at WR, and good OL. Until all those fall into place I think its unfair to judge him a qb. IMO,
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    Rookie
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2011
    Posts:
    23
    vCash:
    1180
    man some of yall are clueless!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    Nublar7's Avatar
    Retired
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,673
    vCash:
    159746
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    The fact that RGIII and Wilson had historic rookie seasons is clouding some people's minds when it comes to evaluating Ryan Tannehill. For a typical rookie season, Tannehill played very well and improved as the season went on. He was not making the same mistakes at the end of the year that he was making in Week 1. Is he definitely going to be a top 10 quarterback or guaranteed to be the Dolphins starter for 5+ years? Far to early to say, but he has definitely shown enough to prove he should be a NFL starter and has given the quarterback long term hope, something we haven't seen since Dan Marino. The book is far from finished on Tannehill, but the early returns are very encouraging and we should all be excited about what the future holds with him at QB.

    It is nice that Miami won't have to chase discarded veteran quarterbacks looking for another shot at starting. Or that Miami doesn't have to really worry about taking a QB early in a draft class that could rank amongst the worst for quarterbacks. The only concern at quarterback is what they want to do with depth. Do they re-sign Matt Moore to be the #2 and keep Devlin at #3? Do they bring in another veteran to be the #2? Or do they elevate Devlin to #2 and maybe draft a late round quarterback to be the #3.

    It is very nice to have our starter in place and not have to worry about that this offseason.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    Danny's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2003
    Posts:
    12,841
    vCash:
    30757
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull13 View Post
    You really can't say if Tanny is good or not. He was a rookie, had poor line play, lacked wr talent. His rookie year was a C grade, made mistakes, made some good throws. He never really put the team on his back like Marino did as a young qb. I think we will know more next year with an upgraded roster. Henne had a promising rookie year and then never really progressed after that. Of course he didn't have a good offensive coordinator or weapons around him. This team has lacked a seam threat TE for a long time, a (good) burner at WR, and good OL. Until all those fall into place I think its unfair to judge him a qb. IMO,
    You mean Dan Marino who as a rookie QB had Clayton, Duper and Moore at WR, Dan Johnson, Rose and Hardy at TE.......Tonny Nathan who was one of the best RB's out of the back field and a top o-line with a HOF center and 2 probowl guards? Marino didn't need to put the team on his back as a rookie. Lets not re-write history....he came to a great team that only needed a QB. Tanny came to a team that needed a QB plus 2 WR's, a TE and an oline.

    Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    Waterlogged
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    372
    vCash:
    1048
    Loc:
    Loserville
    You don't find this list impressive? LOL, Houston, us, Green Bay, all good D teams. You have proven nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestle103 View Post
    Did you happen to notice what teams luck beat? Please check out their opponents that they won against then get back to us.

    Matter fact Ill make it easy for you:
    Green Bay
    Cleveland
    Miami
    Tennessee
    Jacksonville
    Buffalo
    Detriot
    Tennessee
    Kansas City
    Houston
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    Starter
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    275
    vCash:
    1844
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispepper View Post
    Tbf we were saying the exact same thing about Henne 3 years ago.
    Agree.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    TheJetsBlow's Avatar
    Formerly FireWrongstedt
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    6,227
    vCash:
    30159
    Loc:
    Jersey

    Finally QB is not a major concern!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    The fact that RGIII and Wilson had historic rookie seasons is clouding some people's minds when it comes to evaluating Ryan Tannehill. For a typical rookie season, Tannehill played very well and improved as the season went on. He was not making the same mistakes at the end of the year that he was making in Week 1. Is he definitely going to be a top 10 quarterback or guaranteed to be the Dolphins starter for 5+ years? Far to early to say, but he has definitely shown enough to prove he should be a NFL starter and has given the quarterback long term hope, something we haven't seen since Dan Marino. The book is far from finished on Tannehill, but the early returns are very encouraging and we should all be excited about what the future holds with him at QB.

    It is nice that Miami won't have to chase discarded veteran quarterbacks looking for another shot at starting. Or that Miami doesn't have to really worry about taking a QB early in a draft class that could rank amongst the worst for quarterbacks. The only concern at quarterback is what they want to do with depth. Do they re-sign Matt Moore to be the #2 and keep Devlin at #3? Do they bring in another veteran to be the #2? Or do they elevate Devlin to #2 and maybe draft a late round quarterback to be the #3.

    It is very nice to have our starter in place and not have to worry about that this offseason.
    Well Said Nub. Good post.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    Spiff's Avatar
    Starter
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    2,405
    vCash:
    16518
    Loc:
    Münchweiler, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by rdksek844 View Post
    You don't find this list impressive? LOL, Houston, us, Green Bay, all good D teams. You have proven nothing.
    Indianapolis had the 3rd easiest schedule in the league this year at .441 (just behind Atlanta .422 and Cincinnati .438). We had the 13th easiest schedule at .500. Just to show you that Luck may have benefitted from facing lesser opponents.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    Perennial All-Pro
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    3,365
    vCash:
    8957
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    You mean Dan Marino who as a rookie QB had Clayton, Duper and Moore at WR, Dan Johnson, Rose and Hardy at TE.......Tonny Nathan who was one of the best RB's out of the back field and a top o-line with a HOF center and 2 probowl guards? Marino didn't need to put the team on his back as a rookie. Lets not re-write history....he came to a great team that only needed a QB. Tanny came to a team that needed a QB plus 2 WR's, a TE and an oline.

    Ozzy rules!!
    You still saw the awesome accuracy with Marino though. Tannehill's accuracy is an issue at times.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    northnj dolfan's Avatar
    Starter
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    436
    vCash:
    4750
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Agree, now lets get him some weapons that he needs
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. OL: Stil A Case for Major Concern
    By Chubby in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 11:51 PM
  2. Tony Gonzalez is a MAJOR concern!
    By Captain Lou in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 08:18 PM
  3. LT a major concern...Again.
    By phinking in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-18-2007, 12:55 PM
  4. Defensive Tackle is a Major Concern
    By Austin Tatious in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •