Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Important 2014 Free Agents

  1. -21
    ChrisJNelson's Avatar
    Phins-Spotlight.com

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    971
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Soliai signed a 2 year $12M deal. With his signing bonus of $3.85 split and his $5,7M salary, he will cost almost $8M this year. Based on his play, and the fact that he is only in on half the snaps, hardly a good deal or, worth re-signing.
    I think you are quite mistaken. He's a quality nose tackle.
    --
    Chris J. Nelson

    About me:
    I am a production assistant for Turner Sports and I love my job. I also love the Dolphins and have been writing my own blog since 2007. I would love if you gave it a look and considered it as part of your regular Dolphins web rotation.

    Visit my blog at phins-spotlight.com and follow me on twitter @phinsspotlight!
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    NBP81's Avatar
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    3,180
    vCash:
    4622
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Soliai signed a 2 year $12M deal. With his signing bonus of $3.85 split and his $5,7M salary, he will cost almost $8M this year. Based on his play, and the fact that he is only in on half the snaps, hardly a good deal or, worth re-signing.
    Is he really on the field for half the snaps? Any evidence behind this. Not being an ass here, just thought it'd be higher than that...
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    ChrisJNelson's Avatar
    Phins-Spotlight.com

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    971
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NBP81 View Post
    Is he really on the field for half the snaps? Any evidence behind this. Not being an ass here, just thought it'd be higher than that...
    A little more than half, played 627 all season. I don't think that is particularly unusable for a player like him though, and I don't think it's a huge issue considering he's a quality player on the downs he does play. It's all about rotation, keeping guys fresh and having the right personnel for each situation. Soliai does his job and does it well.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    NBP81's Avatar
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    3,180
    vCash:
    4622
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    A little more than half, played 627 all season. I don't think that is particularly unusable for a player like him though, and I don't think it's a huge issue considering he's a quality player on the downs he does play. It's all about rotation, keeping guys fresh and having the right personnel for each situation. Soliai does his job and does it well.
    Totally agree, major reason why we did so well against the run this year. Wouldnt be surprised if its when we took him out we had trouble against the run...
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,524
    vCash:
    31488
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    I think you are quite mistaken. He's a quality nose tackle.
    Yeah but, he's not playing the nose in this scheme. He ranked #50 of all NT/DT's this year. FAR from impressive for $8M.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    ChrisJNelson's Avatar
    Phins-Spotlight.com

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    971
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Yeah but, he's not playing the nose in this scheme. He ranked #50 of all NT/DT's this year. FAR from impressive for $8M.
    I do not believe PFF rankings should be taken so literally, especially since that "ranking" is not on a per-snap basis.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,524
    vCash:
    31488
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by NBP81 View Post
    Is he really on the field for half the snaps? Any evidence behind this. Not being an ass here, just thought it'd be higher than that...
    It may be 55%, with Odrick moving inside about 25%, and McD, etc making up the difference. Think we could get a bit more for a cap hit of almost $8M?

    This is a bit like Long in going by past performance while not considering the cost.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,524
    vCash:
    31488
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    I do not believe PFF rankings should be taken so literally, especially since that "ranking" is not on a per-snap basis.
    No, it is not. It is based on his beating or getting beat by the player he is facing, and comparing it to all the other NT/DT's doing the same.

    They thought much higher of hil last year, and in 2010, doing the same.

    What are you basing your opinion on?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    dcnr226's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    1,106
    vCash:
    1594
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfin530 View Post
    2014 will have some big name or key position free agents. They may play a major roll in this years FA. Here are the 2014 FA's.

    Paul Soliai 2013: $4 million, 2014: Free Agent
    Koa Misi 2013: $1 million 2014: Free Agent
    Reshad Jones 2013: $580,075 2014: Free Agent
    John Jerry 2013: $754,625 2014: Free Agent
    Richie Incognito 2013: $4.8 million, 2014: Free Agent
    Dan Carpenter 2013: $2.8 million, 2014: Free Agent
    Davone Bess 2013: $3 million, 2014: Free Agent

    Notables for 2015:

    Kevin Burnett
    Karlos Dansby
    Jared Odrick
    Mike Pouncey
    Moral of the story: Don't buy any players jersey ever again. Learned this the hard way (tho i did get props for sporting a Lousaka Polite jersey )
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    ChrisJNelson's Avatar
    Phins-Spotlight.com

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    971
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    Moral of the story: Don't buy any players jersey ever again. Learned this the hard way (tho i did get props for sporting a Lousaka Polite jersey )
    Sometimes I feel like people should consult me when buying a jersey. I see so many bad decisions...
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 Draft likely to be moved to May, Free Agency before combine
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 02:57 PM
  2. Top Free Agents
    By DKphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •