Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 91

Thread: Dolphins' roster casualty and extension candidate

  1. -11
    ChrisJNelson's Avatar
    Phins-Spotlight.com

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    971
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    God help us if Marshall and Patterson are our starting CBs next season.

    Thanks for the link to the cap page. Where can I find out who else is entering the last year of their contract like Jones will be? Don't see it anywhere on that page.
    I keep a list of Dolphins' future free agents, which currently runs through the 2017 offseason (Fields/Wake). You can check it out here:
    http://www.phins-spotlight.com/p/mia...ee-agents.html
    --
    Chris J. Nelson

    About me:
    I am a production assistant for Turner Sports and I love my job. I also love the Dolphins and have been writing my own blog since 2007. I would love if you gave it a look and considered it as part of your regular Dolphins web rotation.

    Visit my blog at phins-spotlight.com and follow me on twitter @phinsspotlight!
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    phinfanNY08's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,127
    vCash:
    1341
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bess is Welker. He's Amendola. He's well below the elite slot receiver in the game, which is Victor Cruz. He's a pure slot guy and there are fairly easy to replace. I like Bess too but he doesn't offer any upside or playmaking ability. The Dolphins wouldn't miss him if they re-signed Hartline and did their job acquiring talent in the draft and free agency.[/QUOTE]

    In my opinion, there is no receiver worth taking at 12th in the draft. Going DE/CB/OT are more attractive with that pick. We have to go against at least 24-30 teams who will be looking at Jennings, Wallace and Bowe. There is no given Miami will sign any of these guys. I would love to see one or two guys coming here, but in a time where Tannehill needs to develop, Bess is one of his more consistent targets and if Miami actually plays him where he belongs, as a 3/4 receiver, he will help continue to move the chains on the 3rd and 10s and lower yardage. Which plays to his strengths. I am not saying Bess is a superstar, but he sure as heck more reliable than an Amendola.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    ITS!MATEO's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2008
    Posts:
    3,042
    vCash:
    6987
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    very interesting read and well done first and foremost...as usual i have some comments

    dansby won't be cut this year...it doesn't make sense...his play hasn't fallen off enough where the cap room it creates exceeds the value...now in 2014 i think he's likely at minimum a restructure candidate if not an outright release possibility
    I disagree wholeheartedly. I think this offseason is the restructure or trade year for Dansby. It's time for us to cut money off the books where it isn't being used properly and our linebacking core is one of those areas. Burnett is decent at best, but he could be upgraded easily by a draft pick or a Connor Barwin. Dansby could be beat out by a Te'o or even a cheaper same output player like a Rey Maualuga. There are so many decent free agent LB's this year that there is no reason why we shouldn't be looking at replacing those 2 or just giving them real competition for the starting job.

    The other area needing to be restructured is the O-line, but I see Long gone this year and Incog gone in 2014.

    I just hate the idea that you need to spend money to fill spots. You can pay for value and not just a roster spot filler ie Long, Dansby and Burnett.
    2014 Mock Draft

    1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State



    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    6,154
    vCash:
    25062
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't be opposed to trading Bess if we bring in a big name wr like Jennings, draft a wr and re-sign Hartline. I think Hartline can do everything Bess can do out of the slot but has that added deep threat ability.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    ChrisJNelson's Avatar
    Phins-Spotlight.com

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    971
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS!MATEO View Post
    I disagree wholeheartedly. I think this offseason is the restructure or trade year for Dansby. It's time for us to cut money off the books where it isn't being used properly and our linebacking core is one of those areas. Burnett is decent at best, but he could be upgraded easily by a draft pick or a Connor Barwin. Dansby could be beat out by a Te'o or even a cheaper same output player like a Rey Maualuga. There are so many decent free agent LB's this year that there is no reason why we shouldn't be looking at replacing those 2 or just giving them real competition for the starting job.

    The other area needing to be restructured is the O-line, but I see Long gone this year and Incog gone in 2014.

    I just hate the idea that you need to spend money to fill spots. You can pay for value and not just a roster spot filler ie Long, Dansby and Burnett.
    Barwin is a 4-3 defensive end, he would not replace Burnett.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    32,102
    vCash:
    31508
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS!MATEO View Post
    I disagree wholeheartedly. I think this offseason is the restructure or trade year for Dansby. It's time for us to cut money off the books where it isn't being used properly and our linebacking core is one of those areas. Burnett is decent at best, but he could be upgraded easily by a draft pick or a Connor Barwin. Dansby could be beat out by a Te'o or even a cheaper same output player like a Rey Maualuga. There are so many decent free agent LB's this year that there is no reason why we shouldn't be looking at replacing those 2 or just giving them real competition for the starting job.

    The other area needing to be restructured is the O-line, but I see Long gone this year and Incog gone in 2014.

    I just hate the idea that you need to spend money to fill spots. You can pay for value and not just a roster spot filler ie Long, Dansby and Burnett.
    mauluga over dansby??? you're nuts...nuts...a 2 down thumper lb who can't cover and has no range over dansby...damn mateo that's bad...go ahead disagree all day long

    and connor barwins a 34 olb... god dang fellas polish your games up with this kind of stuff
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    ITS!MATEO's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2008
    Posts:
    3,042
    vCash:
    6987
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    Barwin is a 4-3 defensive end, he would not replace Burnett.
    He can play outside. He has before.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    ITS!MATEO's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2008
    Posts:
    3,042
    vCash:
    6987
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    mauluga over dansby??? you're nuts...nuts...a 2 down thumper lb who can't cover and has no range over dansby...damn mateo that's bad...go ahead disagree all day long

    and connor barwins a 34 olb... god dang fellas polish your games up with this kind of stuff
    What does Dansby do better than a Rey Maualuga type of LB'er? Don't tell me he can cover better because the guy is burned EVERY single play up the middle. There is a reason teams with seam threat TE's destroy us every game, it's not magic. I think people look at his past years and still think he's that guy. I see a slower less capable backer.

    Hoops, seriously you can't tell me his is a good coverage linebacker anymore, man..


    Btw i'm not saying I want Rey here i'm saying for the money Dansby is getting we could pay less for the same value with a Maualuga
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    32,102
    vCash:
    31508
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS!MATEO View Post
    What does Dansby do better than a Rey Maualuga type of LB'er? Don't tell me he can cover better because the guy is burned EVERY single play up the middle. There is a reason teams with seam threat TE's destroy us every game, it's not magic. I think people look at his past years and still think he's that guy. I see a slower less capable backer.

    Hoops, seriously you can't tell me his is a good coverage linebacker anymore, man..


    Btw i'm not saying I want Rey here i'm saying for the money Dansby is getting we could pay less for the same value with a Maualuga
    i can tell ya that dansbys way way better in coverage than rey rey...and cinci even knows it thus he's pulled off the field on passing 3rd downs...as for lets cut dansby and use that top pick on manti teo how are you filling a need with a difference making player??? you already have a pretty good mike in dansby locked up...fill another need with a player of similar talent and upside as teo...it's not like this team is loaded at pass rusher or corner or wr...you got one on a platter waiting for you and you want to cut dansby to save money that you couldn't sign a good every down free agent mike backer with to begin with...

    manage the cap...for now and the future...cutting dansby this offseason is a foolish proposition...
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Tiko377's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    1,835
    vCash:
    2531
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Bess is more important then Hartline who trips after 15 yards

    Bess had basically the exact same stats as Hartline until he got hurt
    Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat , Virginia Tech

    Xbox Live : Tiko7523
    Psn : Tiko7523
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. War's other casualty - Forests
    By Miamian in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2006, 01:14 PM
  2. Extension given to Dolphins
    By Spegg in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 09-24-2005, 04:54 PM
  3. Is Surtain a Cap Casualty?
    By ScottLawrence in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 05:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •