Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins' roster casualty and extension candidate

1. -31
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    Misi's best position is SOLB because that's all he can do. He failed as a pass rusher which is why he was drafted. I don't think he has any more future in the NFL at DE.
    Yup,but i think his best fit is as a OLB in a 3-4 but either way he's "just a guy" i really don't think he was drafted as a pass rusher because he was never one in college. I mean i know Jeff is dumb but i hope he's not that dumb.
    Still banging and laughing
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Miami View Post
    Yup, i really don't think he was drafted as a pass rusher because he was never one in college. I mean i know Jeff is dumb but i hope he's not that dumb.
    He's not a pure rusher but that was his primary job as an end.
    --
    Chris J. Nelson

About me:
    I am a production assistant for Turner Sports and I love my job. I also love the Dolphins and have been writing my own blog since 2007. I would love if you gave it a look and considered it as part of your regular Dolphins web rotation.

Visit my blog at phins-spotlight.com and follow me on twitter @phinsspotlight!
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well aware of that also since i've been a draftnik since the mid 80's i'm very aware he sucked as a pass rusher in college.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We definitely should try to trade Misi for whatever we can get for him, he's just not a fit at all in the 4-3.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No it wasn't. His primary goal at end was to stop the run
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Tes View Post
    No it wasn't. His primary goal at end was to stop the run
    No. It turned out that's all he COULD do, so he stopped rushing the passer as much. But he was drafted to help get to the quarterback. He rushed the passer 40 percent of the time as a rookie and that number fell off in 2010 because he wasn't effective. He was never supposed to be a 4-3 OLB but that's all he can do.

From draft day 2010:

Hes a great kid with a great motor and is a very versatile athlete who is tough as nails, Ireland said. This kids played defensive line, hes played defensive end, and hes played outside linebacker and inside linebacker. He does a lot of things and the versatility of the player really enticed us to take him. I think hes going to play outside linebacker for us. Hes a good pass rusher. He gets out of trouble, stays on his feet and again I cant say enough about his character and his motor.

As a pass rusher, hes got great hands, hes got quick hands. He knows how to leverage big tackles. He can get around the edge, he can counter back inside and hes got a nice repertoire of tricks with him. Hes notCameron Wake in terms of the outside speed that way but hes a very creative rusher with his rushes.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No. It turned out that's all he COULD do, so he stopped rushing the passer as much. But he was drafted to help get to the quarterback. He rushed the passer 40 percent of the time as a rookie and that number fell off in 2010 because he wasn't effective. He was never supposed to be a 4-3 OLB but that's all he can do.

From draft day 2010:

Hes a great kid with a great motor and is a very versatile athlete who is tough as nails, Ireland said. This kids played defensive line, hes played defensive end, and hes played outside linebacker and inside linebacker. He does a lot of things and the versatility of the player really enticed us to take him. I think hes going to play outside linebacker for us. Hes a good pass rusher. He gets out of trouble, stays on his feet and again I cant say enough about his character and his motor.

As a pass rusher, hes got great hands, hes got quick hands. He knows how to leverage big tackles. He can get around the edge, he can counter back inside and hes got a nice repertoire of tricks with him. Hes notCameron Wake in terms of the outside speed that way but hes a very creative rusher with his rushes.
    You said he failed rushing the passer from the DE position. Miami has played both a 3-4 front and 4-3 front. Ends responsibilities are very different in both. Even in a 4-3 the ends jobs are very different. I'm not trying to defend Misi's pass rush abilities because I think he has very little, just trying to understand what exactly prompted your comment
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Tes View Post
    You said he failed rushing the passer from the DE position. Miami has played both a 3-4 front and 4-3 front. Ends responsibilities are very different in both. Even in a 4-3 the ends jobs are very different. I'm not trying to defend Misi's pass rush abilities because I think he has very little, just trying to understand what exactly prompted your comment
    If I said he failed as a 4-3 DE I misspoke because I know he's never played that position. I meant to say he was drafted as a pass-rushing 3-4 OLB and he failed to succeed at that.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    misi already failed as a 34 olb...he's salvaged his career as a 43 solb...stout at the poa...not great in coverage but solid overall...when he went out with injury the drop off was substantial...

way more valuable than he was in years past
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    misi already failed as a 34 olb...he's salvaged his career as a 43 solb...stout at the poa...not great in coverage but solid overall...when he went out with injury the drop off was substantial...

way more valuable than he was in years past
    Wholeheartedly agree. Not sure how much of a long-term starter he is (I'd love to upgrade) but he's solid at what he's doing now. Not a lot of negative plays and Trusnik was destroyed when he played for him.
    Quote Quote