Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins' roster casualty and extension candidate

1. -61
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    i feel sorry for people that somehow want to rationilize away what a great player Welker is. They see it with their own eyes and still want to make up a reason for why its happening.
    There is a reason NE dropped crazy money at the time on a player such as Welker to aquire him, they recognized something in him and they were right. I have no regret because at time the trade seemed more than good. I did not see Welker as that type of player at the time and most people didnt. NE recognized it more power to them, there is a reason they are where they are. So go through life thinking that Bess or others are just as good at what they do its your right but doesnt make you right. Meanwhile 672 receptions later.
    I am absolutely right. People have a hard time understanding the "why" of the numbers.
    --
    Chris J. Nelson

About me:
    I am a production assistant for Turner Sports and I love my job. I also love the Dolphins and have been writing my own blog since 2007. I would love if you gave it a look and considered it as part of your regular Dolphins web rotation.

Visit my blog at phins-spotlight.com and follow me on twitter @phinsspotlight!
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    I think you're a little to excited about Misi. He had a strong year but there's little upside there and he's nothing but a solid run stopper. I have to imagine he only has another year or so starting before he's upgraded in Miami. He's also of Hawaiian descent, not Samoan...
    I think the first memory i have of Koa Misi is his first game v Buffalo...when as a rookie he bull rushed Buffalo's left tackle straight into the qb and got the sack on the first drive of the game. As a rookie. Again....as a rookie.

Misi is a tackling machine. I for one hope he is here for a long time.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    I think the first memory i have of Koa Misi is his first game v Buffalo...when as a rookie he bull rushed Buffalo's left tackle straight into the qb and got the sack on the first drive of the game. As a rookie. Again....as a rookie.

Misi is a tackling machine. I for one hope he is here for a long time.
    Tackling machine? Please...
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tackling machine? Please...

Well all machines dont work well lol
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am absolutely right. People have a hard time understanding the "why" of the numbers.
    So answer this why has nobody else ever done this, Im sure u cannot. So keep getting wrapped up in he is not that fast, not that big but teams still are not stopping him
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Miami View Post
    A bad team doesn't get good by trading and cutting the few good players they have. If Te'o is there and you draft him you could always put Dansby on the outside and play him as a OLB.
    Actually sometimes you do trade good players. I would trade a good player at one of the less important positions (fullback) for a good to great player at one of the more important positions (cover cornerback) any day of the week and twice on Sunday. No one player is irreplacable. If the trade makes your TEAM better then you make it, even if you are giving up a good player.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So answer this why has nobody else ever done this, Im sure u cannot. So keep getting wrapped up in he is not that fast, not that big but teams still are not stopping him
    Why has nobody done it? Because the Patriots did it first and Welker hasn't moved on yet. Most of the elite teams don't need a guy like that and the non-elite teams (Miami, St. Louis, etc.) have guys like that but don't get 120+ catches out of them because the opportunity for it doesn't exist. There will absolutely be more Welkers in the future if you find the right combination of a slot receiver on an elite team.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why has nobody done it? Because the Patriots did it first and Welker hasn't moved on yet. Most of the elite teams don't need a guy like that and the non-elite teams (Miami, St. Louis, etc.) have guys like that but don't get 120+ catches out of them because the opportunity for it doesn't exist. There will absolutely be more Welkers in the future if you find the right combination of a slot receiver on an elite team.
    Well NE was running same offense before Welker got there . I truly doubt there will be many players that will ever do what Welker has done but who is to predict the future. I will say to this point no receiver in NFL has history has 5 110 catch seasons and that achievement is not an easy one.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well NE was running same offense before Welker got there . I truly doubt there will be many players that will ever do what Welker has done but who is to predict the future. I will say to this point no receiver in NFL has history has 5 110 catch seasons and that achievement is not an easy one.
    Welker's accomplishments are strong and he earned them. But the specific longevity of the accomplishments is in large part due to luck and circumstance. If another capable slot receiver had gotten about the Pats' train instead, you'd be thinking he was elite, too.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Welker's accomplishments are strong and he earned them. But the specific longevity of the accomplishments is in large part due to luck and circumstance. If another capable slot receiver had gotten about the Pats' train instead, you'd be thinking he was elite, too.
    If he did elite things then yes. what makes u elite is what u do on field not what u do in a workout. How do we know any player is elite except his accomplishments. Ronnie Brown had elite attributes but he was not an elite player. Its more to do with his ability than luck or circumstance. There are many teams with great passing attacks and none of them has developed a player that has come close to what Welker has done.
    Quote Quote