Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins' roster casualty and extension candidate

1. -71
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    If he did elite things then yes. what makes u elite is what u do on field not what u do in a workout. How do we know any player is elite except his accomplishments. Ronnie Brown had elite attributes but he was not an elite player. Its more to do with his ability than luck or circumstance. There are many teams with great passing attacks and none of them has developed a player that has come close to what Welker has done.
    Most elite passing attacks try or need a Welker. Rodgers has plenty of weapons. Manning always did too. And those guys always elevated the talent around them, like Brady with Welker. Don't you even remember Welker in Miami? He WAS Davone Bess.
    --
    Chris J. Nelson

About me:
    I am a production assistant for Turner Sports and I love my job. I also love the Dolphins and have been writing my own blog since 2007. I would love if you gave it a look and considered it as part of your regular Dolphins web rotation.

Visit my blog at phins-spotlight.com and follow me on twitter @phinsspotlight!
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Welker is faster and quicker I think for the 3 or 4 M Bess is expected to get paid, that the coaching staff wants a faster and quicker WR like Welker or TY Hilton type for the west coast. If it comes down to paying Hartline or Bess then Hartline is the priority.

at this point I would keep Bess one more year or until I find better. If Hartline and Jennings are signed and we draft 2 WRs in this draft then Bess is gone.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbanger View Post
    Welker is faster and quicker I think for the 3 or 4 M Bess is expected to get paid, that the coaching staff wants a faster and quicker WR like Welker or TY Hilton type for the west coast. If it comes down to paying Hartline or Bess then Hartline is the priority.

at this point I would keep Bess one more year or until I find better. If Hartline and Jennings are signed and we draft 2 WRs in this draft then Bess is gone.
    Welker is a lot of things but "fast" is not one of them.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    Most elite passing attacks try or need a Welker. Rodgers has plenty of weapons. Manning always did too. And those guys always elevated the talent around them, like Brady with Welker. Don't you even remember Welker in Miami? He WAS Davone Bess.
    I remember Welker in Miami and he was better than Bess, he just did not get the targets or field time that Bess had mainly because we had booker and chambers. even with that he was our leading receiver that season.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember Welker in Miami and he was better than Bess, he just did not get the targets or field time that Bess had mainly because we had booker and chambers. even with that he was our leading receiver that season.
    I can't help fix your memory. There is nothing Welker did in Miami (save for that game where he served as our kicker) that Bess hasn't done. If anything, Bess has done it better in Miami.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't help fix your memory. There is nothing Welker did in Miami (save for that game where he served as our kicker) that Bess hasn't done. If anything, Bess has done it better in Miami.
    My memory is fine. Miami was just learning how to use Welker and we had Joey harrington at qb. of course Bess has done better in Miami he has been here much longer than Welker was in Miami. He is a starter and Welker was not we had a former pro bowler and a future pro bowler at wr keeping him off field. even Miami does not believe Bess is all that based on his contract
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My memory is fine. Miami was just learning how to use Welker and we had Joey harrington at qb. of course Bess has done better in Miami he has been here much longer than Welker was in Miami. He is a starter and Welker was not we had a former pro bowler and a future pro bowler at wr keeping him off field. even Miami does not believe Bess is all that based on his contract
    Bess has no value in "sticking it" to a division rival like Welker does in New England, nor does he have the fanfare or a rapport with an already-established elite quarterback. But if you look at Bess' numbers in Miami and honestly don't believe he could significantly improve them as the PATRIOTS' slot guy, you're nuts.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bess has no value in "sticking it" to a division rival like Welker does in New England, nor does he have the fanfare or a rapport with an already-established elite quarterback. But if you look at Bess' numbers in Miami and honestly don't believe he could significantly improve them as the PATRIOTS' slot guy, you're nuts.
    Never said he couldnt somewhat improve them Im saying he would not do what Welker has done in NE
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Never said he couldnt somewhat improve them Im saying he would not do what Welker has done in NE
    Comparing Bess' best year (2010) to Welker's 122-catch year, here's the difference:
    -2.7 more catches per game for Welker
    -3.1 more targets per game for Welker
    -47 more yards per game for Welker

Pretty sure Bess could've boosted his Miami performance up to those levels in an elite offense with Tom Brady.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Comparing Bess' best year (2010) to Welker's 122-catch year, here's the difference:
    -2.7 more catches per game for Welker
    -3.1 more targets per game for Welker
    -47 more yards per game for Welker

Pretty sure Bess could've boosted his Miami performance up to those levels in an elite offense with Tom Brady.
    U could use would have and could have's with all kinds of players but no I dont think even in NE that Bess would have 5 110 receptions seasons or even one

I mean seriously 3 more receptions per game is alot and he is targeted exactly 3 more times so Welker makes all of those catches.
    Here is the difference Welker has done it and nobody else has ever done it. So we know one thing for a fact , that Welker can do it everything else is all speculation
    Quote Quote