Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Ramses Barden

1. -61
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Ramses Barden = Legedu Naanee.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've attended Giants camp in Albany for a few days almost every season for the past decade, although I missed in 2012.

Barden does the work. His attitude is not a question. He puts more energy into the drills than virtually any receiver. The assistant coaches praise him and work with him.

But once the groups join and they begin the scrimmage, he seldom makes a play. Once in a while an intermediate slant opens up perfectly for him and he looks like a giant out there. Otherwise he generally disappears, until the next day's drills.

The idea is to significantly improve our mix. Too many things Barden can't do. I prefer Matthews' skill set above his.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let's see..... Who has more upside?

A tall, slow 4.68 guy that is in the exact mold of Pat Turner and that never gets open (Barden)? Or a shorter, quick go up and get it type of guy that can get open in the seam (Matthews)??

Am I missing the argument lol
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    5. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think you guys are missing the boat on this. The one thing nobody has mentioned is OPPORTUNITY....you can say he never did anything, or is too slow but he has not gotten the chance to shine as a #1 or 2..... The best he ever got with the giants is as a 4 or 5 option. He has been behind 2 pro bowl wr and a good te and a rb the usually gets 50 rec. Not saying we should throw 100 million at him, but playing with a winner could rub off for a minimum investment.

As far as Mathews, not that he might develop into something, but a 7 rounder lasts that long for a reason and when Colston got his chance he produced because they needed a wr to step up......Matthews didnt step up and we needed help from day 1
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It appears a number of members of this board have been stricken with Hogan-Moore Syndrome, which causes them to overrate late-round and undrafted receivers based on a few minor accomplishments. I would like to sincerely apologize in advance for all of you getting your hopes up that Matthews will ever be an integral part of the Dolphins' offense, and the disappointment that is sure to ensue. Looking forward to July when we're doing the same thing with Undrafted Receiver To Be Named.
    --
    Chris J. Nelson

About me:
    I am a production assistant for Turner Sports and I love my job. I also love the Dolphins and have been writing my own blog since 2007. I would love if you gave it a look and considered it as part of your regular Dolphins web rotation.

Visit my blog at phins-spotlight.com and follow me on twitter @phinsspotlight!
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    It appears a number of members of this board have been stricken with Hogan-Moore Syndrome, which causes them to overrate late-round and undrafted receivers based on a few minor accomplishments. I would like to sincerely apologize in advance for all of you getting your hopes up that Matthews will ever be an integral part of the Dolphins' offense, and the disappointment that is sure to ensue. Looking forward to July when we're doing the same thing with Undrafted Receiver To Be Named.
    For what reason are you so against Rishard Matthews?
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    No, Matthews has actually produced during games, not practice.

He also has ability to play in the league, and has proven it a few times this year during the past few weeks.

SAMMY WATKINS IS THE BEST WR IN THE COUNTRY & FUTURE MIAMI DOLPHIN!
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Matthews was hardly an unknown quantity. I remember him giving Boise State fits in the second half two years ago, the game Boise State lost after leading Nevada big in the first half. It unfairly knocked them out of a BCS game. I'm a huge Boise State fan and laugh like heck when they dismantle teams like Oregon 2009 and Georgia 2011. I was desperate for Boise State to get a crack at a big name opponent in the 2010 bowl season. Matthews played a big role in denying that opportunity so that contributes to my impression of him, not merely preseason or late season 2012.

Besides, the issue here is not Matthews against a premier prospect or valued free agent. It's Matthews versus Ramses Barden.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulverizer19 View Post
    For what reason are you so against Rishard Matthews?
    It's not that I'm against him. But when people are acting like he's a future starter, while at the same time being wholeheartedly against bringing in a 6-foot-6, former third-rounder who is just 27 years old, they need to be taken down a notch. Odds are Matthews never amounts to much in the NFL and anyone thinking he has "solid No. 2" upside is dreaming.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Matthews was hardly an unknown quantity. I remember him giving Boise State fits in the second half two years ago, the game Boise State lost after leading Nevada big in the first half. It unfairly knocked them out of a BCS game. I'm a huge Boise State fan and laugh like heck when they dismantle teams like Oregon 2009 and Georgia 2011. I was desperate for Boise State to get a crack at a big name opponent in the 2010 bowl season. Matthews played a big role in denying that opportunity so that contributes to my impression of him, not merely preseason or late season 2012.

Besides, the issue here is not Matthews against a premier prospect or valued free agent. It's Matthews versus Ramses Barden.
    B-b-b-ut he was drafted in the seventh round and Ramses Barden had a good game against the Carolina Panthers!
    Quote Quote