Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Another solid CB could be on the open market, Chris Gamble

1. -41
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    And CK - Maybe my view of his hips failing him are simply a misread of what you described, because I see the same thing when he faces the faster receivers. I'm by no means able to break down a guy in the secondary like you can, but I noticed exactly what you did.

I honestly don't hate him as a 2nd boundary CB.
    He can play. If your choices are Chris Houston as a starter on the boundary, or a rookie as a starter on the boundary, I don't know which one you'd choose but I'm pretty sure Houston will be the better player at the very least in the short term.

And like I said just because you sign one of these guys doesn't mean you can't go ahead and draft a corner high anyway. It's a need position.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    Chris Houston had 57 tckl, 2int this year and is only 28 how is he washed up?
    Chris Houston is terrible. Cut from Atlanta when they didn't have that good of a secondary, and Detroit picked up this trash. Me also being a secondary Lions fan (inherited through family) I have watched this guy get picked on and burnt constantly. Yeah you can get alot of tackles when a guy burns you for twenty to thirty yards and then you tackle him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    DRC is going to be 1) overpaid 2) expected to be the #1 CB for a team.

That's bad news for whoever signs him. I really think he's overrated because of his size and speed. He's a far cry from Patrick Peterson (a lot of comparisons get made between these two)
    Where have you ever read that?

Patrick Peterson is a legit lock-down CB who also snags INTs like he's a WR. The only comparison they have is there speed.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Coyle's specialty seems to be getting strong play from average vets on their 2nd or 3rd team. I would definitely grab a free agent corner
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Where have you ever read that?

Patrick Peterson is a legit lock-down CB who also snags INTs like he's a WR. The only comparison they have is there speed.
    I was gonna say the only comparison was they both played for Arizona, haha. I've never heard it.
    --
    Chris J. Nelson

About me:
    I am a production assistant for Turner Sports and I love my job. I also love the Dolphins and have been writing my own blog since 2007. I would love if you gave it a look and considered it as part of your regular Dolphins web rotation.

Visit my blog at phins-spotlight.com and follow me on twitter @phinsspotlight!
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd like to focus on getting some young, real talent in our secondary...through the draft....a vet signing here and there won't make or break this team.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I'm in favor of a veteran at the position. It seems like teams have some good luck reclaiming veteran corners that are out of favor or not deemed important enough to re-sign elsewhere. That's how San Fran got hold of Carlos Rogers. Houston doing fine with Johnathan Joseph. Washington's certainly glad they have DeAngelo Hall. That's how we picked up Andre Goodman AND Will Allen, probably the best two corners that have been in Miami since the Madison/Surtain heyday. That's how the Vikings picked up Antoine Winfield, how the Bengals picked up Pacman Jones, it's how the Jets got Antonio Cromartie. Chris Houston has been solid with Detroit which is his second team I believe. Sheldon Brown has been solid with Cleveland as an ex-Eagle. Washington seems pretty happy with Josh Wilson who is an ex-Seahawk. Jabari Greer's been decent in New Orleans after his Buffalo days. Eric Wright was a Brown, then a Lion, and now a big money player with the Bucs. Terrance Newman is looking genuinely good with the Bengals.

Seems like that position more than others, teams play a lot of musical chairs with their groomed veterans, always trying to get better. Smart GMs with good pro personnel departments that can identify guys that make it to market that can do exactly what you need in your system...seem to be able to make out pretty good when taking one of these veterans.
    i saw some where that eric wright was going to be cut by the buccs ,due over $7.5m and missed four games due to an in-season PEDs suspension, which voided the remaining guarantees in his contract
    Quote Quote