Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Eifert

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Tyler Eifert

I might catch some slack for this but I believe he is a better pro prospect than Jimmy Graham or Rob Gronkowski coming out of college... (remember they have brees and brady throwing them the ball two HOF) if there is one thing I hope we do is draft Eifert in the first. Say good bye to Carpenter kicks and hello to Red Zone TDs

watch the film, the eye in the sky don't lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqJRd3mN01w
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    In Dawn We Trust!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I won't pretend that I've watched film on either Eifert or Ertz, but I definitely won't be mad if we draft one of them with the first pick. We need game changers on offense, and while people concentrate on receivers, tight end is as big a need IMO.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsfan4life View Post
    I won't pretend that I've watched film on either Eifert or Ertz, but I definitely won't be mad if we draft one of them with the first pick. We need game changers on offense, and while people concentrate on receivers, tight end is as big a need IMO.
    Exactly. In fact, I think an upper echelon TE will accelerate the development of RT more than any WR. A TE is a QB's security blanket. Eifert looks like he could be elite and would be a good red zone target.
    The Phins have a solid team. What they are missing are impact players on offense and defense. In the 1st rd, they need to grab the guy that has the potential to be an impact player at his respective position.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    watch the highlight video from 2012 on the link
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    I might catch some slack for this but I believe he is a better pro prospect than Jimmy Graham or Rob Gronkowski coming out of college... (remember they have brees and brady throwing them the ball two HOF) if there is one thing I hope we do is draft Eifert in the first. Say good bye to Carpenter kicks and hello to Red Zone TDs

watch the film, the eye in the sky don't lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqJRd3mN01w
    He's going to go in the 20's somewhere. The guy is too polished to not be a 1st round pick, especially considering how much value teams are putting into this position nowadays. A guy like Eifert is a mismatch against anyone trying to cover him. He will out jump and box out any DB and will run past any LB. I say you move back 5 or 6 picks, pick up another 2nd or 3rd, and take him in the 1st if you really want him.

Like I said, the guy is incredibly polished for his age.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by qmar View Post
    He's going to go in the 20's somewhere. The guy is too polished to not be a 1st round pick, especially considering how much value teams are putting into this position nowadays. A guy like Eifert is a mismatch against anyone trying to cover him. He will out jump and box out any DB and will run past any LB. I say you move back 5 or 6 picks, pick up another 2nd or 3rd, and take him in the 1st if you really want him.

Like I said, the guy is incredibly polished for his age.
    Couldn't have said it any better and TE's only get better in the NFL because most colleges do not have TE coaches. I can't comment or speculate if ND does or not but Dan Campbell could have this guy the best TE in the league in two years..

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    I am not a fan of picking a TE as high as Miami will be picking in this draft, especially with how much more we need a premier receiver, a lockdown corner, a passrusher to put oppisite Wake, or a quality guard, but I must admit, Eifert looks like a difference maker just like Graham and Gronkowski. If he manages to blow everyone away at the combine, I personally would not have any problems taking him that high and fixing the other positions with the with out 2-2nd rounders and 2-3rd rounders.
    We also have 47M$ in cap space to assist as well, I think after FA you can cross of premier receiver and lockdown cornwer/ or pass rusher
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not a fan of picking a TE as high as Miami will be picking in this draft, especially with how much more we need a premier receiver, a lockdown corner, a passrusher to put oppisite Wake, or a quality guard, but I must admit, Eifert looks like a difference maker just like Graham and Gronkowski. If he manages to blow everyone away at the combine, I personally would not have any problems taking him that high and fixing the other positions with our 2-2nd rounders and 2-3rd rounders.

Make Peyton uncomfortable during the game, make Peyton leave game in Denver very upset.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    I like him but we would have to move back into the 1st to get him.................DE/WR with our 1st pick,
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Die hard Fins Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Tyler Eifert

I say trade back to the late first kinda like we did with odrick, and pick eifert at 24-26 while also getting another pick, maybe a 6th or 7th
    Last edited by mikefinfan; 01-04-2013 at 05:50 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikefinfan View Post
    I say trade back to the late first kinda like we did with odrick, and pick eifert at 24-26 while also getting another pick, maybe a 6th or 7th
    Drop back 12 to 14 spots for only a 6th or 7th. Sorry, you do not understand draft value at all.
    Quote Quote