Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Eifert

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Outside USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No doubt he could be a great player....... however..

#12 pick.. id perfer to move up... instead of move back... ( you move back and he gets picked up before your pick.... dumb)

picking TE in the first round to me is a luxury pick.... id perfer to Dolphins to sign J. Finley (likely to be released) .... and upgrade the TE position without using a draft pick.

Go DE at #12...to start play opposite Wake ... get more pressure on the QB.

sign a veteran TE and WR to be playmakers on offense.......
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man O Man! But I gotta admit he has that Bess and Hartline tendency to fall down after every catch.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm certainly not going to give you any grief for that, because Eifert is a very good prospect with excellent hands and size as well as decent speed. But, I will disagree with that opinion. In college Gronkowski was about as good of a TE prospect as there ever was. He looked like a bigger, faster and stronger Tony Gonzalez. But he missed a year with a serious back injury, and while he was completely medically cleared, most teams had him as a major medical red flag. If not for that he definitely would have been drafted in the top half of the first round.

Graham was much more of a raw project with freakish athletic talent on par with JPP and Aldon Smith. As a prospect, there is no question Eifert is rated higher than Graham was. But, after Graham developed, he is playing at a level that is above Eifert's ceiling, IMHO.

Eifert is like a bigger and faster version of Jason Whitten. As Witten is the all-time reception leader for Dallas, that's saying quite a lot. But, he is roughly the same height and build as Graham, with less speed, quickness and vertical leap.

Eifert had a chance to be great, but nobody expects his production to exceed Gronk:s or Graham's. I'd definitely be excited to have him (or Ertz) from this draft.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsfan4life View Post
    I won't pretend that I've watched film on either Eifert or Ertz, but I definitely won't be mad if we draft one of them with the first pick. We need game changers on offense, and while people concentrate on receivers, tight end is as big a need IMO.
    Exactly. In fact, I think an upper echelon TE will accelerate the development of RT more than any WR. A TE is a QB's security blanket. Eifert looks like he could be elite and would be a good red zone target.
    The Phins have a solid team. What they are missing are impact players on offense and defense. In the 1st rd, they need to grab the guy that has the potential to be an impact player at his respective position.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Tyler Eifert

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan4life View Post
    I won't pretend that I've watched film on either Eifert or Ertz, but I definitely won't be mad if we draft one of them with the first pick. We need game changers on offense, and while people concentrate on receivers, tight end is as big a need IMO.
    TE is a need.... in round two
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trade down 6-8 spots for a 3rd. Take Eifert there. If you have seen this guy in the red zone, both at TE and split out, you know he is the red zone option we haven't had since Orande Gadsden.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looking at more of his film, I'd say Eifert is the highest ranked TE coming out since Kellen Winslow. Eifert is a strong route runner and has body control and adjusts to the ball better thn a lot of WR's
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cane6 View Post
    Looking at more of his film, I'd say Eifert is the highest ranked TE coming out since Kellen Winslow. Eifert is a strong route runner and has body control and adjusts to the ball better thn a lot of WR's
    agreed catches as good of a jump ball as i have seen
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What makes Eifert great is not just the catching of the ball but his blocking. Ertz is a nice TE and one I wouldnt mind having but Eifert is a great blocker. His stats dropped a little from last year but he really worked on his blocking and that is what coaches/scouts love about him. His size is incredible while still having that athletic ability.

If ever there was a prospect that screamed a Philbin type player this one is it.

I wouldnt care about picking him at 12. Just think about comparing him to Ted Ginn's family at 9. This guy brings instant impact to the offense. You can get a great WR in any round really cus most WR's take 2-3 years to get going. I dont base picking a player on what his draft status is according to draft sites because it changes days up until the draft.

The thing you absolutely must draft is a player who will start day one and make a difference and who fits your team. Thats the bottom line cus once the play starts, people wont remember where he was drafted in the first round, they will just remember he is a good one. Think Pouncey. There is no such thing IMO in drafting a great player at any position too high since there are so many who either are partial busts or do not have that starting impact.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    What makes Eifert great is not just the catching of the ball but his blocking. Ertz is a nice TE and one I wouldnt mind having but Eifert is a great blocker. His stats dropped a little from last year but he really worked on his blocking and that is what coaches/scouts love about him. His size is incredible while still having that athletic ability.

If ever there was a prospect that screamed a Philbin type player this one is it.

I wouldnt care about picking him at 12. Just think about comparing him to Ted Ginn's family at 9. This guy brings instant impact to the offense. You can get a great WR in any round really cus most WR's take 2-3 years to get going. I dont base picking a player on what his draft status is according to draft sites because it changes days up until the draft.

The thing you absolutely must draft is a player who will start day one and make a difference and who fits your team. Thats the bottom line cus once the play starts, people wont remember where he was drafted in the first round, they will just remember he is a good one. Think Pouncey. There is no such thing IMO in drafting a great player at any position too high since there are so many who either are partial busts or do not have that starting impact.
    couldn't have said it better.. Eifert is the perfect Philbin player.. perfect fit for our offense.... In a really week top 15.. one of the weaker top of the draft classes in years... why not take Eifert at #12? there is pass rush galore available in FA and 2nd-3rd round
    Quote Quote