Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Crazy idea but ...

1. -31
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Crazy idea but ...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJNelson View Post
    If you're judging a running back on total yards, you're doing it wrong.
    Im judging him by the fact that he was the only productive player on that entire offense and was their only threat. Teams knew that and knew they had no passing game but he was still efficient despite that. Look at how our backs struggled when we couldnt pass. Under those conditions I say he is hardly open to ridicule at this time.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it was only a terrible pick by new orleans if they planned to use him as sparingly as they have...if he was getting 15 carries per game somewhere else i think it would be a lot different...i don't think that team would be saying i need to get better at rb right now
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Im judging him by the fact that he was the only productive player on that entire offense and was their only threat. Teams knew that and knew they had no passing game but he was still efficient despite that. Look at how our backs struggled when we couldnt pass. Under those conditions I say he is hardly open to ridicule at this time.
    Like I said, you're doing it wrong. Greene was hardly productive. 3.9 a carry is terrible, but it's par for the course with Greene.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    it was only a terrible pick by new orleans if they planned to use him as sparingly as they have...if he was getting 15 carries per game somewhere else i think it would be a lot different...i don't think that team would be saying i need to get better at rb right now
    He wouldn't be worth a first-round pick even if a team had only you and me at running back.
    --
    Chris J. Nelson

About me:
    I am a production assistant for Turner Sports and I love my job. I also love the Dolphins and have been writing my own blog since 2007. I would love if you gave it a look and considered it as part of your regular Dolphins web rotation.

Visit my blog at phins-spotlight.com and follow me on twitter @phinsspotlight!
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think our runningbacks are actually pretty good. If we resign Bush and use him more in passing, and use Lamar Miller and DT more, we could have a solid RB by commission. The commission part will help offset the fact that DT and Bush tend to get injured. But giving up a first for another RB would be silly since it's not a HUGE need for us. Maybe next year, if they've fixed all the other glaring needs we have
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Brave Rifles

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why the **** would we even think about doing that?
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ingram would do fine here...back on grass. Another running back wasted in New Orleans, and therefore undervalued. They have quite a knack.

Ingram turned 23 a couple of weeks ago.

Regarding Richardson, I have no idea why Chip Kelly would get rid of the highest drafted running back in years when his system relies so heavily on the run...more than 52 rushes per game this year.

Granted, it's hard to project how much of his system would transfer to the NFL and what the changes would look like. An Oregon coach in the same division as the Steelers and Ravens is hilarious at first thought.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'd take Ingram over Daniel Thomas. I dont really trust Thomas to hammer it home from inside the 5.

I'd take Chris Ivory over both of them.

I feel stupid for posting in such a ridiculous thread anyway.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We have enough RB's.

We need another legit pass rushing DE to pair with Cameron Wake.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As hoops said, Ingram has great feet, vision, balance. And I think he also hit on a very key point. He's a rhythm runner. He'd be an ideal compliment for L. Miller. Each excels in area where the other struggles. Ingram doesn't have elite game-breaker speed; Miller does. Miller struggles with his assignments and is a liability as a pass protector; Ingram is very sharp and a very good pass blocker. It'd just depend on the asking price. In most drafts, I wouldn't have a problem sinking a 3rd into a player of Ingram's caliber. But we have such glaring holes to fill, and the prospects in that range happen to look like very good answers.
    Quote Quote