Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Jarvis Jones

If he is available at #12 do the Dolphins take him and how would he fit into their scheme?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If not for his spinal stenosis, I'd jump at drafting Jones. But, that's too big of a question mark. I'd go in another direction.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    If not for his spinal stenosis, I'd jump at drafting Jones. But, that's too big of a question mark. I'd go in another direction.

I'm a UGA fan, and attended 101 consecutive games home and away the past 8 years (unfortunately my streak ended this year). With that said, I am extremely familiar with Jarvis and have been since he was in high school in Columbus, GA. I can ASSURE you that Jarvis has no health issues relating to his neck. After he got hurt at USC, their doctors wouldn't clear him to play. Our doctors did feel he was capable of playing and he transferred back home. He played this year and was dominant and was a first team all american. There is not a better pass rusher or linebacker in America than Jarvis. He did miss some action this year, but it was due to a groin injury. Hey, those things happen in football.

The ONLY knock on him is that he is not top notch in run defense. Teams that ran directly at him had some success on the ground. As a pass rusher though, he is unmatched. He simply gets to the QB. The guy is disruptive as hell and will thrive in the NFL getting in the backfield. Like I said though, his run defense may be a question mark.

With all that said though, there is absolutely no reason for concern about the health of his neck or spine.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AthensFin View Post
    I'm a UGA fan, and attended 101 consecutive games home and away the past 8 years (unfortunately my streak ended this year). With that said, I am extremely familiar with Jarvis and have been since he was in high school in Columbus, GA. I can ASSURE you that Jarvis has no health issues relating to his neck. After he got hurt at USC, their doctors wouldn't clear him to play. Our doctors did feel he was capable of playing and he transferred back home. He played this year and was dominant and was a first team all american. There is not a better pass rusher or linebacker in America than Jarvis. He did miss some action this year, but it was due to a groin injury. Hey, those things happen in football.

The ONLY knock on him is that he is not top notch in run defense. Teams that ran directly at him had some success on the ground. As a pass rusher though, he is unmatched. He simply gets to the QB. The guy is disruptive as hell and will thrive in the NFL getting in the backfield. Like I said though, his run defense may be a question mark.

With all that said though, there is absolutely no reason for concern about the health of his neck or spine.
    These are bold claims, for which you provide no evidence whatsoever. What are you basing these claims on? I don't care if you've been a UGA fan since before you were born. What's your evidence that a player with a stenosis condition so bad that a team like USC recommended he quit football, has "no health issues relating to his neck"? I would certainly hope your evidence isn't simply based on your having watched all his games, since that is obviously irrelevant.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    These are bold claims, for which you provide no evidence whatsoever. What are you basing these claims on? I don't care if you've been a UGA fan since before you were born. What's your evidence that a player with a stenosis condition so bad that a team like USC recommended he quit football, has "no health issues relating to his neck"? I would certainly hope your evidence isn't simply based on your having watched all his games, since that is obviously irrelevant.
    My evidence is based on a few things. For one, UGA doctors said he was cleared to play. If a normal person in the real world gets a diagnosis, they can seek a second opinion which may be different than his own doctor's. USC said he was a liability, UGA said he wasn't. I'm not a doctor, but the point is that some medical professionals thought he was fine. I'm quite sure that we wouldn't lie to him and tell him he's ok to play if he actually wasn't, all in a ploy to get him to come to UGA.

Second, he played all year (aside from a groin injury, which isn't the issue in question) and had no repercussions. He was flying around, making tackles, putting his head down, getting blocked, etc. and had no trouble at all with his neck or spine. His injury was over 2 years ago. I mean, yeah I guess if he gets his neck squashed or mangled like David Pollack did then he'll have an issue, but any human being on earth would in some cases. What I'm saying is that Jarvis has zero issues as of now with his injury over 2 years ago, and he's shown that on the field.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AthensFin View Post
    My evidence is based on a few things. For one, UGA doctors said he was cleared to play. If a normal person in the real world gets a diagnosis, they can seek a second opinion which may be different than his own doctor's. USC said he was a liability, UGA said he wasn't. I'm not a doctor, but the point is that some medical professionals thought he was fine. I'm quite sure that we wouldn't lie to him and tell him he's ok to play if he actually wasn't, all in a ploy to get him to come to UGA.

Second, he played all year (aside from a groin injury, which isn't the issue in question) and had no repercussions. He was flying around, making tackles, putting his head down, getting blocked, etc. and had no trouble at all with his neck or spine. His injury was over 2 years ago. I mean, yeah I guess if he gets his neck squashed or mangled like David Pollack did then he'll have an issue, but any human being on earth would in some cases. What I'm saying is that Jarvis has zero issues as of now with his injury over 2 years ago, and he's shown that on the field.
    Not very convincing.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not sure on Jarvis Jones, great motor, great player, health issues. Once the combine hits, there will be more information regarding health. But for him to fit the system, Koa Misi will be cut if Jones is drafted. However, I would prefer a lineback who can defend the pass and stuff the run. If Buffalo takes a QB, Te'o could drop into Miami's lap at 12
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    The more i look at and analyze things, the more im convinced teo just might be available to the phins at 12... and thats gonna get real interesting.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    DieHard FinFan 4 Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bear, DE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    The more i look at and analyze things, the more im convinced teo just might be available to the phins at 12... and thats gonna get real interesting.
    If Teo was available at 12, all bets are off. He would be the BPA at that point. He wouldn't address a critical need, but on the other hand, we would be adding a bonafide playmaker to the defense.
    2014 Miami Dolphins Draft Class

1. OT: Ja'wuan James -Tennessee
    2. WR: Jarvis Landry -LSU
    3. OT: Billy Turner-North Dakota State
    4. DB: Walt Aikens-Liberty
    5. TE: Authur Lynch - Georgia
    5. LB: Jordan Tripp - Montana
    6. WR: Matt Hazel-Coastal Carolina
    7. DE: Terrance Fede- Marist
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Idk, I'm scared he turns into a Daquan Bowers. Too much of a question mark, it really depends on what the doctors say on him cause if its even a moderate problem I wouldn't even take him with a 2nd.
    Quote Quote