Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looks like we drafted the wrong Texas A&M Quarterback.

1. -21
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    I wouldn't bet against him, but this is a stupid premise for a thread.
    Unfortunately for this site, it was predictable. Only thing that surprises me is that it took this long for someone to create the thread.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Not just Keenum, Sumlin's offense is based off the Mike Leach/Hal Mumme Air Raid. His first OC was Leach assistant Dana Holgorson and his next OC was arguably the best QB to play under Leach Kliff Kingsbury. So the offense has made the following QBs have record setting seasons...

Kliff Kingsbury (though he's a great coach)
    BJ Symmons
    Sonny Cumbie
    Graham Harrell
    Chase Keenum
    Jason White
    Josh Huepel
    Geno SMith (though he's gonna get a shot at being a pro)
    Kingsbury also is a super bowl champ. Granted he didnt play, but I like that guy. I remember watching him play hs ball when I was 7 years old.

And yall bet your asses Manziel is an nfl prospect. One more year like this year and I could see him declaring for the 2014 draft.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know about Manziel... too early to tell.

I'm still holding out hope for Pat White to have a breakout season as that 44th overall pick stud Ireland loved so much....

wait a second

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    I don't know about Manziel... too early to tell.

I'm still holding out hope for Pat White to have a breakout season as that 44th overall pick stud Ireland loved so much....

wait a second

Well youve got one whole season to study to come to a conclusion of whether you think he's an nfl prospect. Which will probably end up being 50% of all of his college tape.

Pat white was a Parcells pick so if ireland sees manziel and pat white as similar prospects, you can be sure hes not on our radar.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DudeleBroski View Post
    Well youve got one whole season to study to come to a conclusion of whether you think he's an nfl prospect. Which will probably end up being 50% of all of his college tape.

Pat white was a Parcells pick so if ireland sees manziel and pat white as similar prospects, you can be sure hes not on our radar.
    You can argue that BP had his hand up Ireland's pie-hole all you want. Ireland wanted Ireland to pick White. Ireland was high on White. Hell, he's probably still high.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    With Ryan Tannehill coming to our Dolphins, the Texas A&M program got themselves John Manziel... Johnny Football..... and now this kid has become the first freshman in history to win the Heisman. This kid is going to be really great....... he's destroying OKLA right now in the cotton bowl.....

if Tannehill doesn't work out, we need to draft this kid. I am sick and tired of missing out on sure fire draft picks. We missed out on Luck and look at the Colts now.
    I don't trust QBs who rely so heavily on their ability to run--make plays w/their feet, rather than their arm. Look at what happened to RG III and WASHINGTON.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Get real, Tannehill is fine and Manziel is a FRESHMAN.

Do I have to name off the college QB's who won heisman's and tore up college football....only to flop in the NFL?
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    I don't get this forum sometimes. Why do we either have the wrong QB or Manziel is a bust? I like both of them, they are very different QB's though. IMO Tannehill would have thrived in this A&M system this year just like Manziel has. Tannehill is the better passer and the better athlete and I am happy to have him. It will be interesting to see how Manziel develops in the next few years.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Head Dolphin In This Pod

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dodge LogoPlaystation LogoTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    I will stick with RT. He has looked good for a rookie. Time will only tell.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    With Ryan Tannehill coming to our Dolphins, the Texas A&M program got themselves John Manziel... Johnny Football..... and now this kid has become the first freshman in history to win the Heisman. This kid is going to be really great....... he's destroying OKLA right now in the cotton bowl.....

if Tannehill doesn't work out, we need to draft this kid. I am sick and tired of missing out on sure fire draft picks. We missed out on Luck and look at the Colts now.
    Yea, Heisman trophy winning QBs that are athletic, rarely fail in the NFL.

Manziel looks to be an Awesome talent, but if you look at how Tannehill played after playing most of his career at WR and then coming in mid-season of his 3rd year, is almost as amazing as a Rookie having a great 1st year.....you know who also had an above average 1st year in College.....Chad Henne.

Could Manziel be the real deal when he reaches the NFL, sure, but don't expect it to be a definite, history has shown us superstars in college, don't exactly continue on that road in the NFL.
    Quote Quote