Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Miami Dolphin's $60 million shopping spree

1. -41
    THE FUTURE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    So with $60 mill in cap space we end up signing wallace and houston as our big free agents? Wow, that will make the fans happy. I give up if smith, long and this houston kid are making 7 mill a year each.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crumpdaddy View Post
    ima raise my hand and take some BS here but carp will be on team next year unless he has a horrible training camp, preseason. at best we will bring in an UDFA to give him competition in camp. i dont see us taking a dead money cap hit that high on a K when really we're only gonna find a replacement that is equal to him unless we draft the best kicker avail. he missed the 3 big ones in 2 games, that wouldve gotten us into playoffs. at the same time the rest of the season he went 22-24 on FG's, 26-26 xp, 12-12 inside of 40. we're not gonna resign kaeding, if carp makes team and sucks and then we decide to cut him, trust me, kaeding will prob be available in week 7-8 or whenever we might look for his replacement.

signing two top wr's would be just crazy, resign hartline if cheap enough. think think about what priority you want as your 1 and 4......think hartline and bess are 2-3. as much as we need the speed demon i still think we look for a toptier route runner....ala jennings. so the three i always hear are jennings, wallace, bowe.....prioritize what order you want between, route runner, speed demon, big bodied physical.. i think we already have two route runners in hartline and bess, but if you look at bess, jennings, nelson, jones, are all route runners with cobb being the speed. so whichever ireland thinks is the highest priority, you pick that guy up in FA. the other two brands of reciever, speed demon, big bodied...you draft in that order. if speed is the next priority you draft one with one of are top 3 picks and the big bodied in 6-7th. or vice versa. our higher draft pick wr, can get snaps while playing along with the FA, Hartline, Bess. the late one can hopefully be stashed on PS if he's developmental...or heck maybe he pans out.

i would like for a few players to restructure but we cant just cut salaries to get them off our team, we look good for this offseason, there is no reason for us to put ourselves in cap hell.

this wasnt a bad team we fielded this year. are we the patriots NO, are we the chiefs NO.... bring back as many of the UFA's possible as long as they sign contracts that we offer and not to overpay. most of the RFA's for this offseason arent gonna kill the team to lose. i would hate to lose long, but not over pay, think he does have some leadership, same with bush. do you really want to let the first man in and last man out just walk without giving an above fair offer.

oh well its time to drink some more so im hopping off, maybe thats why im saying carp wont be gone and that we need to bring back most of our UFA's.

on 2nd thought whil i was outside smoking and i dont feel like deleting, im pretty sure long is gone, he isnt the mobile lineman we need, but at the same time if we allow him to just walk some of you fans will have to get over the fact that instead of a playmaker we may draft a lineman with one of our top 82 picks... i think cogs and jerry stay for another year, think both FA's after 2013, just so we dont have the dead weight and they are both serviceable. another offseason in the marine bootcamp of the OL coach and i think it may help with boths conditioning. he worked miracles on jerry.

but ta for now, have a great night, im drinking a beer for everyone online
    Good LORD my dude LESS IS MORE in terms of writing! lol
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Restore the greatness!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That article lost all credibility when it referred to Brian Hartline as "an excellent #2 wide receiver". He's a really good #3, but a marginal starter.

Ricky Williams: the greatest back in Miami Dolphins history

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hmm not sure who I trust less with money Jeff Ireland or my crackhead cousin lol
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slosh13 View Post
    I don't think those guys will sign for that amount, I think big jake and smith will want more money or more years!
    well imo if they do ,then they can walk and im sure we can find us a few FAs that would love to come in and play there poss for say 5mil a year and that would leave 2mil more off there contracts that we could bring bk reggie bush or some other FA that is decent for around 3-4 mil a year. noway we give them anymore than said above, they can hit the door running before we pay anymore than that, there NOT WORTH ANYMORE.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Brave Rifles

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins_of_Fury View Post
    We will end up with Jennings, though we all want Wallace. I also see us drafting 1 or 2 recievers in rounds 2 or 3.
    I would rather have Jennings.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfanduwayne63 View Post
    I'm not sure Wallace is even the best reciever on his team. Antonio Brown may be better, although niether of them get in the endzone a whole lot. Wallace has speed to burn but also had very inconsistent hands, dropping numerous balls all year. Wallace is also looking to make more than Larry Fitzgerald which is what has caused the rift between the Steelers and himself at this time. I'ts not as if thne Steelers are'nt willing to pay it's players as is proved by the recent contract they recently signed Brown to. It seems as if they may feel he's overvaluing himself and I tend to have this same opionion.
    SORRY BRO , but pittsburge DONT HAVE THE MONEY ,to resign Wallace , they will be lucky to hold on to what they already have under contract ,there about 18 mil over the cap,and nooooooooo way brown is a better WR than Wallace , Wallace is the one that gets all the attention taken off of brown.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Realist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It doesnt matter what receiver the Dolphins pick up. He wont be any use to the team if the QB isnt good enough to get him the ball.

--Signed Larry Fitzgerald.
    Quote Quote