Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: The Four-Year Honeymoon Will the press ever give Obama tough coverage?

  1. -11
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,132
    vCash:
    36933
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This bull**** again.

    Seriously, think about it for a second. Journalism is a business, like any other business. If you buy the capitalistic notion that supply arises to meet demand, a liberal media would only mean that there is more demand for liberal viewpoints than conservative ones. Do you believe that's true?

    Put it this way. You can either believe the media is liberal... or in capitalism. Your choice.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 01-06-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Spesh's Avatar
    #freespesh

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,255
    vCash:
    189
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Whatever you say, multiple documentaries on his administrations acts, an underhanded tone of his involvement of 9/11 throughout his entire presidency. Bush had it worse than Obama, by far. Bush was an old, white man with a Texas accent, invading countries with brown people. Obama is half black doing the same thing , but he is given a pass for fear of being called racist.
    You keep making that claim but have yet to provide any sort of evidence. As far as his comparison to Bush, please show me when "the left" was demanding to see Bush's birth certificate.

    Glenn Beck and the like have found Obama to be more than profitable. And because you missed it before:

    2016: Obama's America is a 2012 documentary by conservative author and commentator Dinesh D'Souza. The film was produced by Gerald R. Molen. D'Souza and John Sullivan co-directed and co-wrote the film, which is based on D'Souza's book The Roots of Obama's Rage (2010). Through interviews and reenactments, the film compares the similarities of the lives of D'Souza and President Barack Obama as D'Souza presents his theory of how early influences on Obama are affecting the decisions he makes as president. The film has grossed over $33.45 million in the United States, making it the fourth highest-grossing documentary (domestically) since 1982.[1][3]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016:_Obama's_America

    Im sorry that you cant see it at this exact moment, the creator sent it to theaters during the election(wonder why that is?) so its going to take a few weeks to get to DVD.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Abhenne7's Avatar
    Dolphins4lyfe

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2010
    Posts:
    916
    vCash:
    2686
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys must be on some serious stuff if you think obama has been as equally criticized as Bush. Obama has the media in has backpockets
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,860
    vCash:
    5306
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhenne7 View Post
    You guys must be on some serious stuff if you think obama has been as equally criticized as Bush. Obama has the media in has backpockets
    How so...?

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    You keep making that claim but have yet to provide any sort of evidence. As far as his comparison to Bush, please show me when "the left" was demanding to see Bush's birth certificate.

    Glenn Beck and the like have found Obama to be more than profitable. And because you missed it before:



    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016:_Obama's_America

    Im sorry that you cant see it at this exact moment, the creator sent it to theaters during the election(wonder why that is?) so its going to take a few weeks to get to DVD.

    Did you see the movie? I did, it is not a smear job on Obama. I disagree with the birther movement, but it wasn't created out of thin air. Obama comes from a piece of **** father who traveled around the world having babies. He grew up in a foreign country and one of his family said on tape that they saw the birth in Kenya. There was plenty of ammo for the crazies to make **** up.

    As ridiculous as the birther movement is, it doesn't compare to a media that tried to pin the murder of 3,000 Americans on bush. To say that the only reason he wanted to be president is so he can help his saudi friends get rich. They also challenged bush's military record as well.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    How so...?
    heres an interesting link

    http://markhumphrys.com/media.obama.html
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,132
    vCash:
    36933
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Nothing in that link answers my common sense point about the capitalistic nature of the media. I find it interesting you haven't responded to that line of reasoning. If there's a rebuttal to it I'd like to hear it, honestly. But I don't see a way around it.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Tetragrammaton's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    9,653
    vCash:
    2976
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The media served as Bush's mouthpiece for the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq. Pretending otherwise is a fools' errand.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    jared81's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    4,850
    vCash:
    1097
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Nothing in that link answers my common sense point about the capitalistic nature of the media. I find it interesting you haven't responded to that line of reasoning. If there's a rebuttal to it I'd like to hear it, honestly. But I don't see a way around it.
    I wasn't trying to answer your point since I didn't think it was addressed at me. I reply back when I feel a posters comments or questions warrant a response, maybe you should try harder next time. I was posting a link for the posters who wanted facts regarding how the press treats Obama compared to bush. Which you obviously don't have an answer to either.

    Most mainstream liberal outfits are hurting in ratings. Msnbc, CNN, ny times, Newsweek. Not sure why Viacom (I think they own msnbc) would put out such a pathetic product next to Fox News. You would have to ask their parent companies why they allow these outfits to continue to get bitch slapped in ratings. The numbers speak for themselves.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,132
    vCash:
    36933
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Most mainstream liberal outfits are hurting in ratings. Msnbc, CNN, ny times, Newsweek. Not sure why Viacom (I think they own msnbc) would put out such a pathetic product next to Fox News. You would have to ask their parent companies why they allow these outfits to continue to get bitch slapped in ratings. The numbers speak for themselves.
    This helps your argument how?

    You still aren't addressing how supply meeting demand doesn't tell the story on the "bias" of the news. All I see are some accusations and nothing addressing that central issue. If you don't have a response that's fine but this isn't one.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Calling on Press Coverage
    By fishfan34 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-23-2005, 10:13 PM
  2. Press Coverage is gone because of the way we treated him.
    By Phinsfan1980 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 04:11 AM
  3. Press coverage
    By Sal Lisitano in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 06:10 PM
  4. Press Coverage
    By Dajesus in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-15-2002, 03:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •