Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Jennings or Wallace?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jennings

123 56.68%
  • Wallace

94 43.32%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Jennings or Wallace

1. -41
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    The other day the percentage was in favor of Wallace by near 10%, seeing how it has drastically improved tells me people are finally coming to their senses...that quote from Wallace about having "big plans" for his free agency period has me thinking he will demand top tier money and that is out of the question...he is no where near an all purpose WR.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    The other day the percentage was in favor of Wallace by near 10%, seeing how it has drastically improved tells me people are finally coming to their senses...that quote from Wallace about having "big plans" for his free agency period has me thinking he will demand top tier money and that is out of the question...he is no where near an all purpose WR.
    +

Actually the numbers for Wallace say different than your statement,"he is no where near an all purpose WR"

Since Mike Wallace entered the NFL in 2009 more than 320 wide receivers have played in the league. Only nine of them have recorded more receiving yards than Wallace over that stretch

Only two have scored more touchdowns, and only three have averaged more yards per catch.

Only 20 wide receivers in NFL history have had more yards in the first four years of their career.

Hes led the Steelers in touchdowns (or at least shared that lead) every year hes been on the team, including this past season.

Wallace has only missed 1 game in 4 years and is only 26 years old
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Reposted from the "Sports Science" thread:

Both Wallace and Jennings are touchdown makers, just in different ways. Wallace destroys angles and makes huge plays, while Jennings with his elite quickness and route running is better in the red zone, imo. It just sort of depends on what you want and/or need. We have so many holes on the offense the smarter choice may be to go with Jennings and use the extra cash to try and get another guy who can score touchdowns (like Jermichael Finley, who after his down year is going to be relatively cheap, compared to his astronomical talent). When I look at this offense that's the glaring need right now. Guys who score. Bess doesn't do it, Hartline doesn't, Fasano is mediocre at it, Clay underachieves, Egnew is a mystery, Thomas doesn't. Miller is a poor man's Felix Jones (yes, a poor man's).

Bush scores. And Tannehill scores. Those are the two guys we have. And it's no coincidence those are the two most physically talented guys on the offense, which goes back to an axiom of the NFL today: skill moves the ball between the 20s. But talent scores. We underachieve in the red zone because of talent.

In a perfect world I'd rather have Wallace. He's the better choice if you're looking down the road and have a plan to create an elite offense. But right now Jennings is the better choice to me because he allows you to fix more things quickly. I go back and forth on it but that's where I would stand if somebody burst in and told me I had just been named Dolphins GM.

Should be interesting to see where the rumors come down on the contract discussions for these two. That should clarify the puzzle pieces on the board a bit.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Reposted from the "Sports Science" thread:

Both Wallace and Jennings are touchdown makers, just in different ways. Wallace destroys angles and makes huge plays, while Jennings with his elite quickness and route running is better in the red zone, imo. It just sort of depends on what you want and/or need. We have so many holes on the offense the smarter choice may be to go with Jennings and use the extra cash to try and get another guy who can score touchdowns (like Jermichael Finley, who after his down year is going to be relatively cheap, compared to his astronomical talent). When I look at this offense that's the glaring need right now. Guys who score. Bess doesn't do it, Hartline doesn't, Fasano is mediocre at it, Clay underachieves, Egnew is a mystery, Thomas doesn't. Miller is a poor man's Felix Jones (yes, a poor man's).

Bush scores. And Tannehill scores. Those are the two guys we have. And it's no coincidence those are the two most physically talented guys on the offense, which goes back to an axiom of the NFL today: skill moves the ball between the 20s. But talent scores. We underachieve in the red zone because of talent.

In a perfect world I'd rather have Wallace. He's the better choice if you're looking down the road and have a plan to create an elite offense. But right now Jennings is the better choice to me because he allows you to fix more things quickly. I go back and forth on it but that's where I would stand if somebody burst in and told me I had just been named Dolphins GM.

Should be interesting to see where the rumors come down on the contract discussions for these two. That should clarify the puzzle pieces on the board a bit.
    Spoken like a true football player with above average football acumen. Good post. Thanks!

LD
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Poll: Jennings or Wallace

Imagine if the patsies sign mike wallace!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd go after both, bigtime. But WALLACE is the better choice for MIAMI. The WHOLE STINKIN' LEAGUE knows that we have no true deep threat--no "burner". HARTLINE is as fast as we have, and he's a lot better than some of the dimmer bulbs on many sites give him credit for. But he is no true "burner"--he's "sneaky fast" at best. Both he and BESS would GREATLY benefit from WALLACE's presence. So would our running game. As things stand presently, opponents are crowding the l/o/s, knowing that MIAMI can't punish them for it. Have any of you noticed that our rushing attack has been getting less and less threatening? Well, IT HAS, and there's a simple reason for it. It's called "8-In-The-Box".

So, I'd go after WALLACE first, and JENNINGS closely thereafter. I could then live w/a legit CB and an athletic G, and that's just about it for F/A. And MIAMI can do it! In fact, MIAMI probably could do more, such as a pass-rusher like AVRIL. MIAMI already has c. $47 Million in "cap" space, and e.g., just 2 cuts (MARSHALL and INCOGNITO), neither of whom is what MIAMI needs at their respective positions, net MIAMI c. $10 Million more. MIAMI could re-sign just about all of its own F/As except J LONG, and do some real "heavy lifting" in F/A. And THAT in turn leaves us w/a great # of Draft Picks, for the first time in a long time!
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why is there this sudden obsession for either of these guys?

Neither one is that great, but most importantly, neither one will make Tannehill any better.

We need several receivers and dominating offensive line players, to compliment Pouncey.

d-1
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Poll: Jennings or Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by dolphans1 View Post
    Why is there this sudden obsession for either of these guys?

Neither one is that great, but most importantly, neither one will make Tannehill any better.

We need several receivers and dominating offensive line players, to compliment Pouncey.

d-1
    Maybe we should make Pat Devlin our alpha reciever? Do you agree? Maybe you should start a thread about it halfway through our next game.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    If both contract demands are equal? Wallace.

But...they won't be.

In my opinion, the monetary difference between signing Wallace and signing Jennings will be far greater than the disparity in production. I view them as 1 and 1A in this offense. Heck, the monetary difference would probably pay for the salary of our second-round picks.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    +

Actually the numbers for Wallace say different than your statement,"he is no where near an all purpose WR"

Since Mike Wallace entered the NFL in 2009 more than 320 wide receivers have played in the league. Only nine of them have recorded more receiving yards than Wallace over that stretch

Only two have scored more touchdowns, and only three have averaged more yards per catch.

Only 20 wide receivers in NFL history have had more yards in the first four years of their career.

Hes led the Steelers in touchdowns (or at least shared that lead) every year hes been on the team, including this past season.

Wallace has only missed 1 game in 4 years and is only 26 years old
    He is the best DEEP THREAT in the NFL, which is why he has scored so many TDs. This does not mean he is an all purpose WR, he can do it all but not to an elite degree. He is without a doubt elite downfield, but it's known Jennings is the better overall receiver.
    Quote Quote