Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mando Article on Hartline

1. -1
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin

Mando Article on Hartline

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/0...-dolphins.html

First of all, the piece starts out solid talking about Brian Hartline and his impending free agency.

However, then Mando gets into it like it his blog, opining that the Fins should sign Wallace and Hartline...or Jennings and Hartline....or Wallace, Jennings AND Hartline.

It is the second time this week he has said something like this. ALL THREE? That will never happen simply because it is cap suicide. Is he just setting up the Fins that when they do not sign enough in his mind he has a chance to rip the organization? Maybe he is on crack.

I like Hartline. I think they should try to bring him back. However, I can easily see that the team does not bring in Jennings, Wallace or Bowe. I would not be up in arms about it either as long as Hartline came back, a free agent athletic TE was picked up (Finley, Cook, Keller) and they drafted a receiver with explosive traits within the first few rounds.

I guess I am just calling out Mando for continuing to say the Fins should sign ALL three of the receivers. It is the most unrealistic thing I have read...and it comes from an actual reporter. Unreal.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Put it this way...I am not giving up on the 2013 season just because the Fins do not land Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. The way many are talking around here, there will be doom and gloom if these guys are not picked up. I just do not see it that way.

I am interested in them...YES! However, I am willing to pivot to other ideas if they are not landed.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Mando Article on Hartline

Pretty decent article imo
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Pretty decent article imo
    Not when he suggests signing ALL three. That is not realistic nor responsible to write.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Mando Article on Hartline

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Not when he suggests signing ALL three. That is not realistic nor responsible to write.
    Hardly the focus of the article. At the end of the day thats what people will wanna read.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am fine with Hartline getting resigned. He deserves to get paid comensarate for his statistics. He is better than a roster minimum guy. He is a good useful player than can have big games on occasion. He moves the chains between the 20's and makes chunk plays. He is tough and not a fumbler. He plays well in cold weather. We need a team full of excellent players, he should be on the team.
    Signing Wallace or Jennings will give a veteran with name recognition, but signing both is unnecessary. I actually think that Wallace would be a better pairing with Hartline, instead of Jennings.
    Drafting 2 receivers in the first 3 rounds is an absolute necessity. Think of Duper and Clayton. We need a guy with speed and a guy that gets open with great leaping ability. We need the speed and athleticism to make the offense more explosive. We need to draft the tandem that will be starting in 2-3 years for us after Hartline and the FA pick up is past their prime..
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Sure it is. That way when it doesn't happen he can call out Jeff Ireland for not improving the team and helping Tannehill develop. He's thinking ahead of articles he can write.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Put it this way...I am not giving up on the 2013 season just because the Fins do not land Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. The way many are talking around here, there will be doom and gloom if these guys are not picked up. I just do not see it that way.

I am interested in them...YES! However, I am willing to pivot to other ideas if they are not landed.
    Same here because I'd love Bowe if we signed him.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    I am fine with Hartline getting resigned. He deserves to get paid comensarate for his statistics. He is better than a roster minimum guy. He is a good useful player than can have big games on occasion. He moves the chains between the 20's and makes chunk plays. He is tough and not a fumbler. He plays well in cold weather. We need a team full of excellent players, he should be on the team.
    Signing Wallace or Jennings will give a veteran with name recognition, but signing both is unnecessary. I actually think that Wallace would be a better pairing with Hartline, instead of Jennings.
    Drafting 2 receivers in the first 3 rounds is an absolute necessity. Think of Duper and Clayton. We need a guy with speed and a guy that gets open with great leaping ability. We need the speed and athleticism to make the offense more explosive. We need to draft the tandem that will be starting in 2-3 years for us after Hartline and the FA pick up is past their prime..
    That's the key, whether they address the position in FA or the draft(possibly both)
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is not enough discussion about what type of receivers would benefit Ryan Tannehill the most and how to diversify the weaponry so we are harder to defend.

For example, I have gone back and forth about Mike Wallace. I love his speed element and he is game changer. However, I am not sure RT connects enough on the deep ball to warrant the big money. Again, I am wavering back and forth. I also waver on Jennings. I do not like the age, but I love that he is a Philbin guy and will know the O before he gets to Davie. I am trying to sort these issues out.

However, I DO think an athletic TE would allow RT to take his game to the next level. I DO think having a reliable target he is used to like Brian Hartline is important. I think the team can find vertical threats in this year's draft beyond round one.

Anyways, many (including Mando) are playing fantasy football and not discussing what the BEST fits are to the team on and off the field
    Quote Quote