Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mando Article on Hartline

1. -31
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, I don't get it. people putting down Hartline. He had a fantastic year. He dropped 1 TD pass, Rt17 missed him on atleast 3 other bombs. That is not his fault.
    He got behind the defenders and makes great catches. RT17 just misssed him too many times.
    RT17 makes those passes and we are talking 1200 yards and 4 TD's for Hartline and alot more money.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Canadian Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Yeah, I don't get it. people putting down Hartline. He had a fantastic year. He dropped 1 TD pass, Rt17 missed him on atleast 3 other bombs. That is not his fault.
    He got behind the defenders and makes great catches. RT17 just misssed him too many times.
    RT17 makes those passes and we are talking 1200 yards and 4 TD's for Hartline and alot more money.
    Ok, but to be fair..if Hartline had any ball skills in attacking the football in the air and didn't have the penchant to fall down on every catch or dive for balls he doesn't have to, he'd have 1600 yards. Take away the Arizona game and this is who Hartline is.

Good player but not a great player. Keep him for the right price.
    Andyman
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Canadian Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    I blame Tannehill missing him on open TD routes more then I blame Hartline. Tannehill only had 12 TDs this season and FASANO had 5 of them.
    I think there's a bit of blame both ways. Hartline doesn't attack the ball in the air well or approach deep balls very fluidly. He seems to lose speed trying to track the ball in the air and he falls down way too much when he does make long catches where a better receiver wouldn't even break stride.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNative0722 View Post
    I completely disagree with you. If we don't land one of Jennings Wallace or Bowe, with all the cap space we have, I will deem Ireland a failure. I refuse to support a rookie being our number 1 next year with hartline on the other side, that simply is not enough for me. We need one of those 3.
    Yup, completely agreed. I would not be against having two of them if they could pull it off.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Canadian Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    You'd have to go back to 2001 to find another wide receiver with 1000 + yards receiving (Keyshawn Johnson)
    that had the same touchdowns that Hartline had this season.

Over that 11 year period 247 wide receivers reached 1000+ yards receiving in their respective seasons
    Want to take a guess who had the LEAST amount of touchdowns in that 11 year period or the LEAST amount of touchdowns
    out of those 247 receivers since 2001?

Brian Hartline accomplished something that hasn't been accomplished in 11 years
    1 td with 1000 yards receiving

With that said I would resign Hartline but not for absurd money
    He's a good possession receiver nothing more and nothing less

It should be interesting to see what value the Dolphins place on Hartline
    Pretty much agree. He's probably slightly more than a pure possession receiver given his yards per catch but he is what he is as you have characterized. His inability to stay on his feet is indicative of his limited athleticism. If the alternative is signing Jennings/Wallace it's a no brainer you let him go.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots will probably let Welker go, pick up Hartline on the cheap and turn him into the next Welker.

Very similar situation, Welker was going into 4th year with 2 TD and had just had his best season receiving and almost led the team.
    Not considered worth a 1st round tender he went to New England and scored 37 TD's in 6 season and was elected to 5 pro powls.

Hartline is going into his 5th year coming off his best season after leading team in yardage. But with only 7 TD's in 4 years the same cloud hangs over Hartline as did with Welker.

If he teams up with Brady it is going to be a long next couple of years. Hartline will be in the Pro bowl if he goes to the Patriots.
    Quote Quote