Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone focused on Jennings/Wallace? Did everyone forget DWAYNE BOWE ?

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Why is everyone focused on Jennings/Wallace? Did everyone forget DWAYNE BOWE ?

Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    Dwayne Bowe was born here in Miami. He is a free agent and wants out of KC... he is younger than Jennings, and is a true #1 WR.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4184/dwayne-bowe

The Kansas City Star does not expect the Chiefs to offer impending free agent Dwayne Bowe a long-term deal.

Bowe played out the 2012 season on a one-year, $9.5 million franchise tender. He's expected to hit the open market as perhaps the best wideout available. Despite consistently horrible quarterback play, in six seasons Bowe has averaged 4.7 catches for 65.0 yards and scored 39 touchdowns -- putting him in the conversation for greatest Chiefs wideout of all time. Bowe will turn 29 in September.
    Bad attitude not the sort of player we need. Also he isnt as good as Jennings or Wallace.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Why is everyone focused on Jennings/Wallace? Did everyone forget DWAYNE BOWE ?

Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Tbh I didn't mind seeing Jennings come here, until yesterday's. He caught the ball Well but he also looked old and Very slow. I wonder if he would be a Cris Carter 2.0. Not sure I want him after watching him last night.
    You & I must have been watching a different game. That move he made on the CB outside the red zone along the sideline to get them down to the goal line was sick. He also had another play near midfield where he made the first tackler miss & gained another 8-10 yards.
    I watched him last week against the Vikes too and it seems he always makes the first tackler miss. Plus he is a definite red zone threat. He is exactly what this offense needs.

He has really looked like he is still a #1 WR the past few weeks and I hope it doesn't change GB's mind about letting him go.
    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    100%

We do not want another Diva who cannot stretch the field. This season Bowe had 59 catches for 801 yards, a 13.6 average per catch, a long of only 47 yards and only 3 TDs. Hartline had 74 catches for 1083 yards, a 14.6 yard per catch average, a long of 80 yards and 1 TD. But off the top of my head I remember at least 3 TDs he should of had but Tannehill missed him.

Last season Bowe had a better year with 81 catches, a 14.3 yard per catch average, but his long was only 52 yards and he had 5 TDs.

Hartline had 10 catches of 25 yard plus, more then Wallace or Bowe. He also had more catches and more yard per catch then Wallace did. Wallace had 64 catches for 836 yards, a 13.1 average with a long of 82 yards and he did have 8 Tds (with a much better QB)

And this is one of the things that bothers me about Bowe and Wallace. This was their "big money season". It is where they prove they are worth the money they are getting and even more important to them, the future money they want. But both had poor seasons compared to last year. Wallace has had a real problem with drops this season. Hartline is in the same situation and he had his best season.

This is water under the bridge but a big coaching mistake IMO was us releasing C Gates to keep Legedu Naanee who had one catch. Then we brought in Jabar Gaffney who had 4 catches. And the player who was supposed to fill the burner role, Anthony Armstrong, had 3 catches. The thing about Armstrong that people seem to forget is that he spent 2-3 seasons on our practice squad before the Redskins signed him and he had one good season with them, a poor one the next and they released him.

Yes, C Gates was/is not a polished WR but neither was Armstrong yet most fans seemed so happy to get him back 3 years later. Including his practice squad years, Armstrong is something like a 6 year veteran. And this is his last season in the NFL. Gates had more catches this season then Armstrong had in the last two.
    Are you really not that smart enough to realize hartline will never attract more attention from defenses to as bowe/wallace? And in case you didn't know what QB on his team can actually throw the long ball to bowe? He has garbage QBs throwing to him. Bowe with a worse QB, worse talent/WRRs around him, and played 3 games less than hartline but still somehow ended up with more TDs then Bess/Hartline combined.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Bad attitude not the sort of player we need. Also he isnt as good as Jennings or Wallace.
    If he has bad attitude then why are we even interested in Wallace a player who only really has more speed than him.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    Are you really not that smart enough to realize hartline will never attract more attention from defenses to as bowe/wallace? And in case you didn't know what QB on his team can actually throw the long ball to bowe? He has garbage QBs throwing to him. Bowe with a worse QB, worse talent/WRRs around him, and played 3 games less than hartline but still somehow ended up with more TDs then Bess/Hartline combined.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

If he has bad attitude then why are we even interested in Wallace a player who only really has more speed than him.

Mike Wallace held out over a contract dispute, which many players (like Drew Brees and Cameron Wake) do because teams are using CBA-granted leverage to pay them less than they are worth.

It's not the same thing as being an alligator-armed malcontent. Not even close.

This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Mike Wallace held out over a contract dispute, which many players (like Drew Brees and Cameron Wake) do because teams are using CBA-granted leverage to pay them less than they are worth.

It's not the same thing as being an alligator-armed malcontent. Not even close.
    Mike Wallace also cried about losing concentration/Focus if they don't throw him the ball, maybe he should start taking Adderall so he can stop being a Diva when you have big ben throwing to you. Bowe isn't alligator-armed malcontent because he didn't catch a garbage throw by a garbage QB. Pretty sure Bwe was mesmerized the QB could even get that ball going that far towards him.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bowe would be great for this offense. Go look up Film of Texas A&M and look how Mike Sherman uses Jeff Fuller a big bodied strong WR. I do agree this team does need speed. But we can sign bowe and draft Stedman Bailey or Cordarrelle Patterson in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post

Tannehill missed Hartline at least 3 times for sure TDs. I never said Hartline was the be all, do all, but he is a good player WE HAVE NOW, "not a fart in the wind" as Wallace, Bowe etc are. Every year a lot of fans make their list of Free Agent players they want and how many times do you seen it happen? (almost never) We add a speedster and once Tannehill improves enough to stop over and under throwing wide open WRs, we improve.

And who the **** cares about "attention, lol". Are you not smart enough to noticed that Hartline had a lot of "attention" thrown his way?

A bird in the hand is worth a lot more then 3 turds in the woods.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't want Bowe infecting this roster. Let him go elsewhere. The Chiefs aren't even interested in bringing him back. That tells you a ton.

Hopefully, Miami has learned from the Brandon Marshall debacle, and Bowe is nowhere near the player Marshall is.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    You & I must have been watching a different game. That move he made on the CB outside the red zone along the sideline to get them down to the goal line was sick. He also had another play near midfield where he made the first tackler miss & gained another 8-10 yards.
    I watched him last week against the Vikes too and it seems he always makes the first tackler miss. Plus he is a definite red zone threat. He is exactly what this offense needs.

He has really looked like he is still a #1 WR the past few weeks and I hope it doesn't change GB's mind about letting him go.
    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, that was his only move and he got alot of yards from it but watching him run even down the sideline on that play he looked slow. If you think he looked fast than you are confused what a fast WR looks like and are happy with Bess's and Hartlines speed.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great talent but too many off the field issues. If I'm not mistaken, he is one strike away from being suspended for the year. Thatís a huge risk for the amount of money he will cost.
    Quote Quote