Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone focused on Jennings/Wallace? Did everyone forget DWAYNE BOWE ?

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Torrance, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Think about it. The team traded away Brandon Marshall for Michael Egnew and a packet of peanuts. The team traded away Vontae Davis despite being thin at cornerback because he didn't have the right attitude.

Do you really think Dwayne Bowe is likely to be brought in for Philbin? I would be absolutely stunned to see him brought in, just based on his reputation. Likewise people are talking about Jermichael Finley from the Packers but I think he is another guy they are likely to stay away from due to the fact that he's been publicly griping all season. Also both of them have the dropsies and again, that's something I don't think Philbin appreciates.
    That's the media portrayal of him and it is false. He is way cool when I met him, like I said. I could tell he is a good guy. On the other hand, Desean Jacksson and Trent Richardson were complete d bags. Bowe as a Phin equals win
    The future of the Miami Dolphins offense!!!!

From left to right...Michael Egnew, Lamar Miller, and Ryan Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    not sure why everyone wants bowe so bad. do you really want a guy who does this when the game is on the line?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-on-final-play
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlared View Post
    not sure why everyone wants bowe so bad. do you really want a guy who does this when the game is on the line?

That was a TERRIBLE throw. The Chiefs have had horrible QB play while Bowe has been there....

should Bowe have extended his arms, yeah, but it looks like he knows he can't reach it anyway. It was so far behind him, he would not even have a chance.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think everyone is focused on Wallace & Jennings because they would be the better fit, and be in the same ballpark cost wise.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlared View Post

A great example of how garbage the QBs he's had to deal with in KC. What a garbage throw into quadruple coverage and behind him. I agree he should of stuck his hand but no way he makes that catch. The comments in the end by the dumb announcer sounds like he's almost applying bowe isn't a physical receiver but anyway if you want to the the opposite of that effort in the video see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27dQ-CaGJgw
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    A great example of how garbage the QBs he's had to deal with what a horrible throw into quadruple coverage and behind him. I agree he should of stuck his hand but no way he makes that catch. The comments in the end by the dumb announcer sounds like he's almost applying bowe isn't a physical receiver but anyway if you want to the the opposite of that effort in the video see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27dQ-CaGJgw
    great post. he had no shot at that terrible throw.

and that juggling catch was great
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    That was a TERRIBLE throw. The Chiefs have had horrible QB play while Bowe has been there....

should Bowe have extended his arms, yeah, but it looks like he knows he can't reach it anyway. It was so far behind him, he would not even have a chance.
    There is no defending that brand of cowardice. You get paid to make that play, or at least for your teams sake, knock the ball down. Absurd.

Ireland gets a lot of smack for the lack of playmakers on this team...much it is warranted. But ALL of our guys on offense GO HARD. As a fan, that's really all you can ask for. GO HARD each and every play..
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tbh I didn't mind seeing Jennings come here, until yesterday's. He caught the ball Well but he also looked old and Very slow. I wonder if he would be a Cris Carter 2.0. Not sure I want him after watching him last night.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Now, that Andy Reid is HC and GM, does Bowe stay or go?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    He doesn't fit what the team is trying to do. Which is to say, he isn't a guy with great hands who shows up in big situations and has a good head on his shoulders.

100%

We do not want another Diva who cannot stretch the field. This season Bowe had 59 catches for 801 yards, a 13.6 average per catch, a long of only 47 yards and only 3 TDs. Hartline had 74 catches for 1083 yards, a 14.6 yard per catch average, a long of 80 yards and 1 TD. But off the top of my head I remember at least 3 TDs he should of had but Tannehill missed him.

Last season Bowe had a better year with 81 catches, a 14.3 yard per catch average, but his long was only 52 yards and he had 5 TDs.

Hartline had 10 catches of 25 yard plus, more then Wallace or Bowe. He also had more catches and more yard per catch then Wallace did. Wallace had 64 catches for 836 yards, a 13.1 average with a long of 82 yards and he did have 8 Tds (with a much better QB)

And this is one of the things that bothers me about Bowe and Wallace. This was their "big money season". It is where they prove they are worth the money they are getting and even more important to them, the future money they want. But both had poor seasons compared to last year. Wallace has had a real problem with drops this season. Hartline is in the same situation and he had his best season.

This is water under the bridge but a big coaching mistake IMO was us releasing C Gates to keep Legedu Naanee who had one catch. Then we brought in Jabar Gaffney who had 4 catches. And the player who was supposed to fill the burner role, Anthony Armstrong, had 3 catches. The thing about Armstrong that people seem to forget is that he spent 2-3 seasons on our practice squad before the Redskins signed him and he had one good season with them, a poor one the next and they released him.

Yes, C Gates was/is not a polished WR but neither was Armstrong yet most fans seemed so happy to get him back 3 years later. Including his practice squad years, Armstrong is something like a 6 year veteran. And this is his last season in the NFL. Gates had more catches this season then Armstrong had in the last two.
    Quote Quote