Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jeff's CFL "fool's gold" free agents

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When you've got a number of guys in camp not really pegged to make the team you are going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel whether it comes to guys being UDFA, CFL, or arena guys. No coach signs CFL guys expecting them to all be Cameron Wake, just like they don't sign UDFA expecting them to all turn into Davone Bess or Tony Romo. But you do that anyway because you aren't going to be able to sign 80 big names for your camp roster so you take a chance on guys knowing that you will probably end up cutting them with virtually no penalty.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Dolphins 4-Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like giving UDFA and CFL guys a look at, a lot of times they have a chip on their shoulders and something to prove....
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hate Jeff just as much as anyone, but this is just hogwash. The guy should be doing everything he can to find talent that can make this team better, i dont care if its the CFL or peewee football. Bring in as many bodies as you can to get a good first hand look at them, there is nothing detrimental about doing that.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have no problem with scouring Canada, as long as we doing whatever to improve team. Not alot of talent in CFL but there is talent. Wake is a rarity so people expecting those kind of results will be bitterly dissapointed too often but im ok with kicking every rock
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USD
    Thanks / No Thanks

New

So what do you find more likely Rev? That the Dolphins are the only team that scouts the CFL or that EVERY NFL team scouts the CFL?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kizzaboo View Post
    So what do you find more likely Rev? That the Dolphins are the only team that scouts the CFL or that EVERY NFL team scouts the CFL?
    every team does and many teams were looking at Wake. No team thought he would be this good even us, reflected by the contract we initially gave him. We did recognize the potential and outbid everybody else
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wake decided on us over the Colts, Vikings, Bills, Saints, and Rams and received interest from 17 teams total. We also got Marcus Thigpen from the CFL.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    every team does and many teams were looking at Wake. No team thought he would be this good even us, reflected by the contract we initially gave him. We did recognize the potential and outbid everybody else
    I was asking the question not because I didnt know the real answer, but to see if Rev knows. I for one dont think he does. Thanks anyway
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know why everyone freaks out about workouts and looking at CFL guys. Every NFL team has scouts dedicated to these areas. Miami is not wasting any resources with this and it's not preventing them from paying attention to the draft, free agency, etc. Get over it, people. This is how you do your job.
    --
    Chris J. Nelson

About me:
    I am a production assistant for Turner Sports and I love my job. I also love the Dolphins and have been writing my own blog since 2007. I would love if you gave it a look and considered it as part of your regular Dolphins web rotation.

Visit my blog at phins-spotlight.com and follow me on twitter @phinsspotlight!
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Leave Users Titles Alone!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oneida County, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey Ireland - Find talent wherever you can! Obviously, the OP has no idea what he is talking about...
    Quote Quote