Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Bills hire Doug Marrone as head coach

  1. -31
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,483
    vCash:
    7292
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Pasqualoni was awful, the BE was an even bigger joke back then and they'd get to bigger bowl games based on that. SU was as bad of a program as a div I program could be, he turned them around and had them tied for the BE title where the co-champ destroyed Florida in the Sugar Bowl. I don't know if Marrone will be a successful NFL HC but you cannot question the outstanding job he did in turning around a joke of a program.
    I like that Buffalo didn't go with a retread but lets be real. Going from the bottom to being bowl eligible in the Big East is not a grand accomplishment. Time will tell but his hiring the Cuse OC is questionable.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    Ben Had's Avatar
    Average Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    955
    vCash:
    3604
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They just picked up the jets DC.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,483
    vCash:
    7292
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4life View Post
    I dont know what the laughing is for, he is just as qualified as Joe Philbin, probably more qualified with his head coaching experience. He is a young aggressive coach that is highly thought of around the NFL. Im glad he was able to bring in an experience defensive coach as well.
    Philbins NFL experience exceeds Marrones. Being a college head coach at Syracuse doesn't jump off the page as being any more qualified then a guy with experience as an OC in the NFL
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    6,899
    vCash:
    14612
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

    Re: Bills hire Doug Marrone as head coach

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Philbins NFL experience exceeds Marrones. Being a college head coach at Syracuse doesn't jump off the page as being any more qualified then a guy with experience as an OC in the NFL
    Not to mention having run an offense that won a superbowl.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    34,811
    vCash:
    125646
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    They just picked up the jets DC.
    The first decent hire they made this week.

    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    DaBills4life's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    963
    vCash:
    1100
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Philbins NFL experience exceeds Marrones. Being a college head coach at Syracuse doesn't jump off the page as being any more qualified then a guy with experience as an OC in the NFL
    Marrone was an OC for the Siants in the same capacity Philbin was for the Packers. He was also an OL coach for the Jets, just like Philbin was for the Packers. And yes, being a head coach for a D1a program does help, especially turning around one that was in such bad shape as Syracuse. Marrone was not handed 4 and 5 star recruits. He took a 2 star QB and turned him into a possible 1st round pick.
    Last edited by DaBills4life; 01-09-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Ben Had's Avatar
    Average Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    955
    vCash:
    3604
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hate to say it but I wish you guys luck...I miss the days like in your avatar
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,483
    vCash:
    7292
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4life View Post
    Marrone was an OC for the Siants in the same capacity Philbin was for the Packers. He was also an OL coach for the Jets, just like Philbin was for the Packers. And yes, being a head coach for a D1a program does help, especially turning around one that was in such bad shape as Syracuse. Marrone was not handed 4 and 5 star recruits. He took a 2 star QB and turned him into a possible 1st round pick.
    Nassib is not a first round pick. There is no QB that is truly a first round pick this year but a couple will no doubt make it due to desperate teams overvaluing a QB.

    Please tell me the Syracuse victories over major FBS powers during Marrones tenure.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,204
    vCash:
    4553
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Pasqualoni was awful, the BE was an even bigger joke back then and they'd get to bigger bowl games based on that. SU was as bad of a program as a div I program could be, he turned them around and had them tied for the BE title where the co-champ destroyed Florida in the Sugar Bowl. I don't know if Marrone will be a successful NFL HC but you cannot question the outstanding job he did in turning around a joke of a program.
    cuse has been to lower bowl games and there record was not that much different from the first few years ofr marrone. The big east is not that good of a division and the teams are pretty weak for football. And yes you brought up that cuse got crushed by floried, but the fact of the matter is that cuse was good or the best theyve been in a long time and they made it to the Sugarbowl and werew good enough for that, florida was just too good. But thats a lot better than the frickin tostitos bowl or toilet bowl games theyve been to since
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    DaBills4life's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    963
    vCash:
    1100
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Nassib is not a first round pick. There is no QB that is truly a first round pick this year but a couple will no doubt make it due to desperate teams overvaluing a QB.

    Please tell me the Syracuse victories over major FBS powers during Marrones tenure.
    You guys have short memories.

    Marrone beat Louisville (Who beat up Florida) and West Virginia. Its not really about that though, its how he took a program that was in bad shape and had the heading in the right direction. Jim Harbaugh was only 29-21 at Stanford. Its a bout the man really, Marron is respected by many.

    Is it the right hire? Who knows. No one knew Mike Smith, Mike Tomlin, and Mike McCarthy would be any good. Same with Philbin.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Please clarify..When is the earliest we can hire a Head Coach?
    By zach attach in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 07:38 PM
  2. Please hire Mike Leach as head coach
    By Lorenzo Rules in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 03:05 PM
  3. Grizzlies hire head coach
    By bullseyeguy in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 12:00 AM
  4. Who do you hire as head coach
    By Enforcerfin33 in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 03:39 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 12:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •