Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 54th pick

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbanger View Post
    Essentially the way drafts are evaluated with 3 or 4 players to pick in each round based on value and need. Parcells would make final decision on who would be picked and would overrule Ireland in a disagreement like Pat White which is Parcells all the way etc.
    Pure speculation on your part. For all we know Ireland really liked Pat white, no evidence to the contrary
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    #42 is the one I'm eyeing. That's Bacarri Rambo if he's there.
    No... Rambo will be there later.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Pure speculation on your part. For all we know Ireland really liked Pat white, no evidence to the contrary
    Pat White is the only pick I will give Ireland a pass on because I know that one was all Parcells. The Wildcat was 100% on Parcells, he used us as his single wing guinea pigs. Every other bad pick, Ireland deserves to be criticized for.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Pat White is the only pick I will give Ireland a pass on because I know that one was all Parcells. The Wildcat was 100% on Parcells, he used us as his single wing guinea pigs. Every other bad pick, Ireland deserves to be criticized for.
    I dont know why people assume it was all Parcells but thats all any of us can do. Not one word has ever came out that Ireland did not want White.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    I dont know why people assume it was all Parcells but thats all any of us can do. Not one word has ever came out that Ireland did not want White.
    Because every bad pick and signing was Parcells fault Ireland gets credit for the 3 positive moves!
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Because every bad pick and signing was Parcells fault Ireland gets credit for the 3 positive moves!
    Yea but not just those people assume that White was only Parcells idea. I personally believe Ireland was high on White, I just dont think we draft a player that high that the gm is totally against
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea but not just those people assume that White was only Parcells idea. I personally believe Ireland was high on White, I just dont think we draft a player that high that the gm is totally against
    So Ireland had to have made a stand to by coming out in public that its either him or Pat White for you to believe that he wasn't that high on Pat White? Parcells personally said it was on him and was his evaluation. Not to mention, looking at what happened in New York shortly after Sparano arrived, I can guess who else was also liking the pick. Both Sparano and Ireland had equal standing with BP around and he made the final decisions.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel3 View Post
    So Ireland had to have made a stand to by coming out in public that its either him or Pat White for you to believe that he wasn't that high on Pat White? Parcells personally said it was on him and was his evaluation. Not to mention, looking at what happened in New York shortly after Sparano arrived, I can guess who else was also liking the pick. Both Sparano and Ireland had equal standing with BP around and he made the final decisions.
    Well there have been various reports about Parcells but according to a recent interview Parcells said Ireland was in control of the 2009 draft so who really knows. I believe Ireland was high on him because we drafted him and Ireland is the GM. I have seen no report that Parcells overrided everyone and said White is our guy.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am probably the biggest Ireland detractor here ( even though others voice their opinion on here a lot more than I do) but it doesn't take a lot of brain to figure out the fact that Ireland, parcells and sparano shared a philosophy of what type of player they liked to draft and what schemes they were going to run. This means that Ireland usually drafted a type of player not suited to play in Philbin and Sherman's offense. At the end of the day though, he's been the GM since 2008 and the blame has to go on him since he's the only one left from that regime.

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Everett,Wa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would trade the 12th pick, for a late first round pick and another 3rd round pick. I think that is what Ireland, is going to do, anyways.
    Quote Quote