Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 54th pick

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Etuoo33 View Post
    Some people just won't see the forest for the trees. They will continue to blame who ever they think responsible, and continue to totally ignore the fact that NO ONE tells Parcells what to do. To think that a well respected GM could do that is ludicrous. Ireland was Parcells "coffee boy" in Dallas. There is no way possible Ireland make one f***ing pick without the the total blessing of the Felustrus Impontate.
    Then why would anyone want a person that weak as their gm but oh well
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Etuoo33 View Post
    Some people just won't see the forest for the trees. They will continue to blame who ever they think responsible, and continue to totally ignore the fact that NO ONE tells Parcells what to do. To think that a well respected GM could do that is ludicrous. Ireland was Parcells "coffee boy" in Dallas. There is no way possible Ireland make one f***ing pick without the the total blessing of the Felustrus Impontate.
    So basically Ross and Huizenga paid Ireland around 3 million dollars a year to bring Parcells his coffee? I highly doubt that.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    So basically Ross and Huizenga paid Ireland around 3 million dollars a year to bring Parcells his coffee? I highly doubt that.
    Some people on this board believe whatever it takes to make them sleep better. LIke the people that want to believe that we had no chance to sign Reggie wayne
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Parcells doesn't strike me as the type of person that delegates very much authority
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    Parcells doesn't strike me as the type of person that delegates very much authority
    So u basically believe that Ireland got coffee for those three years which is not a good thing lol
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    So u basically believe that Ireland got coffee for those three years which is not a good thing lol
    I think while Jeff had a voice, nothing happened without Parcells' oversight. Exactly how much authority Ireland had may never be fully known, I just feel like if Parcells wanted anyone's opinion within the Dolphins organization, he gave it to them. The sad part is, we probably would be in better shape now if Ireland actually had control from the start.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think while Jeff had a voice, nothing happened without Parcells' oversight. Exactly how much authority Ireland had may never be fully known, I just feel like if Parcells wanted anyone's opinion within the Dolphins organization, he gave it to them. The sad part is, we probably would be in better shape now if Ireland actually had control from the start.
    We would be in better shape if we never dealt with Parcells thus no Sparano or ireland either. Now the Atlanta GM he would have been a good hire
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You looked at that 2011 offseason and thought: "Ireland is finally released from the old ball and chains Parcells and WOWSERS!!! Color me impressed!"

Because it looked like more of the same to me.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    Because we DON'T KNOW what happened with Parcells and Ireland, I feel as though we can only judge Ireland since Parcells left. We KNOW he has been in charge since then.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    For anyone to think that Ireland did not have major impact on every draft and free agency is a fool's folly. He did not leave Dallas just to sit on his hands. The majority of moves done in Miami were made because of Ireland, how do I know this, he is the damn GM
    And anyone who doesn't believe that Parcells didn't have final say in the draft is even more foolish. BP was paid a great deal of money to rebuild this franchise. He wasn't brought in as an observer.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote