Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JMO but that coul be easiest to upgrade in FA than in Draft.

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    france (ST ETIENNE)
    Thanks / No Thanks

JMO but that coul be easiest to upgrade in FA than in Draft.

I know that our staff want upgrade with young player and I think it's the best thing to do, but this year IMO that could be easiest to do it in FA tahn in draft, I mean :

We need to improve

1/ our WR corp : 3 names in FA Bowe, Wallace and Jennings and in the same time : sorry byt IMO nobody is a can't miss prospect in draft
    2/ our TE corp : In that case in FA Martellus Bennett seems interesting or why not Gonzalez for 1 year, but IMO we need to draft 1 solid TE
    3/ our DB (FS and CB ) : 3 names IMO : kenny Phillips, Marcus Truffant and Grimes in FA in the same time : sorry but nobody is a can't miss project here too always JMO
    4/ Our pass rush : We will found me mad here, but I think moving Dansby on OL spot could solve many pass rush problem in arizona he was good to that...........and I wiould sign a no superstar LB lile Jasper Brinkley who is a thumper against the run.

Like that we could draft BPA in almost every round ..............and why not Matt Barley if he's here when we pick.

No QB controversy here, RT was solid this year but 2 young QB competing and in 2 year the best will be our QB for a decade and the second will be a very solid back up and we could trade him for picks in the future.

Perhaps I am mad and I haven't many college football analysis but that don't seems a very solid draft class.

Opinions
    Sorry my english is perhaps not very good but I'am a french dolfan and it's the best I can do.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pitbull13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jesus, and I thought Ireland was bad
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why in the world would Gonzalez sign here if he doesn't retire? That point alone discredits the whole thread. Stopped reading there.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the way to get younger is thru the draft. FA is for veteran starters or key contributors. I think Jennings is coming and he is now 29.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by madmic21 View Post
    Why in the world would Gonzalez sign here if he doesn't retire? That point alone discredits the whole thread. Stopped reading there.
    I know Gonzo is playing on a contender at a high level and the team wants him, but yeah he will leave that?
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    LOL @ taking Barkely.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would not be completely shocked if we took Barkley. Regardless of opinion as of right now Tanny is not a franchise QB. Drafting Barkley would raise our chances of having an elite QB dramatically. Not saying we will or even should but I can see some logic in that thinking. It is the most important position in football and every team needs it
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    france (ST ETIENNE)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey guys sorry if you think I am mad, but if falcon don't resign gonzalez he could be interested and he would be a solid help for tannehill , and for barkley, sorry again but if nobody is a can't miss project and we can't trade down, I pick the best QB possible in Barkley at the more important position on a football team, so ly logic insn't that bad.

JMO
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with what your saying and I think we've seen Ireland take this approach in the past. Fill a need with a cheap FA and draft BPA. We didn't desperately need a center when we took Pouncey, we surely didn't need Odrick with Starks and Langford already. Philbin's way is draft no FA.. thats wrong IMO. You can't do one and not the other. Yes, you build through the draft, that means get your needs in FA, get your high potential guys in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    france (ST ETIENNE)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    agree, and if I was upset with our last decade FO, randy Muller was right in One thing, draft a QB every year, keep the best and trade for pick the second best if he's very solid.
    Quote Quote