Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JMO but that coul be easiest to upgrade in FA than in Draft.

1. -11
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mega-fin-love View Post
    I would not be completely shocked if we took Barkley. Regardless of opinion as of right now Tanny is not a franchise QB. Drafting Barkley would raise our chances of having an elite QB dramatically. Not saying we will or even should but I can see some logic in that thinking. It is the most important position in football and every team needs it
    You realize that this IS an opinion, right?
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Damn SugarBowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    meyers the tight end from oakland is a free agent, he caught 80 passes this year.... could be a nice upgrade to fasano.

peyton hillis is a FA, he could be a cheaper upgrade for reggie and give us a more stable running game,

kenny phillips would be a nice upgrade to chris clemons if he can stay healthy.

of the big 3 wideouts... i think wallace is really good but considering big ben is throwing to him it concerns me he isnt doing better. greg jennings might only be a year older than bowe but he is much more worn down with hop and groin injuries. you cant have a wideout his size whos game is based purely on his speed and quick twitch ability having worn down legs and lower half. his game wont be the same soon.

dwayne bowe is the best option if you have to get one of the three. his game is the tall out jump/out muscle you kind that doesnt phase at 30 years old. he has a lot more time to dominate the way he plays the position than a jennings. he also did a lot more with a lot less throwin to him.

that being said. if miami goes for the first options over a wideout.... we can draft one without worrying about leaving holes. save draft for corners, wideouts, guards, and passrushers
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love this thread. I needed a good laugh this morning and I got it here....lol

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Despite the...optimism...of the OP, I'd completely forgotten that Trufant was a FA. Hmmm.

Probably cheap because of his age, but I'm not entirely sure how we'd convince him to leave that secondary and home crowd, if Seattle wants to re-sign him.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fastball83 View Post
    Hey guys sorry if you think I am mad, but if falcon don't resign gonzalez he could be interested and he would be a solid help for tannehill , and for barkley, sorry again but if nobody is a can't miss project and we can't trade down, I pick the best QB possible in Barkley at the more important position on a football team, so ly logic insn't that bad.

JMO
    It's just not going to happen. As a secondary Falcon fan, I can tell you that it's Atlanta or bust for Gonzalez at this point. Ryan has lobbied for his return and if they win a playoff game this year, Gonzo might be back in the ATL. The Dolphins need a TE in the worst way. Gronk and Hernandez types don't just happen (unless your drafting and your name isn't Ireland). Miami needs to model Atlanta from an offensive standpoint. They had Roddy White, went up to get Julio and have seam splitting TE. Easy enough?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Tie your shoes, god damn it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Miami can fix WR and jury-rig TE in FA this off-season. That would open up the draft to let us pick up some studs on defense.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mega-fin-love View Post
    I would not be completely shocked if we took Barkley. Regardless of opinion as of right now Tanny is not a franchise QB. Drafting Barkley would raise our chances of having an elite QB dramatically. Not saying we will or even should but I can see some logic in that thinking. It is the most important position in football and every team needs it
    Barkley won't make it past the Jets
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinidadDolfan View Post
    Barkley won't make it past the Jets
    Hopefully he won't make it past de Jaguars!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    FA is for teams on the cusp. We have no depth and are far from the cusp.
    Quote Quote