Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Here is what i think the miami defense is missing

1. -91
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Hey man, if we're gonna do it, we should do it right. Might as well offend everyone...
    LOL....why not, I agree, might as well go for it, once the OP started a racist thread, but then told everyone "No Offense" (Doing his best Caddy Shack Rodney Dangerfield impression), all gloves were already off.
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Looks like we missed economics. Need Dovahkiin in here to explain why poors shouldnt be drafted because they will expect handout interceptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by flynryan15 View Post
    Sex we didn't hit the sex talk and for that I turn it over to Brent Mushberger and his creeper obsession with McCarrons girlfriend
    Both very true, but we are on our way to reaching everyone.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    White/black/asian indian Idc what color i think your original post does have some truth. We need that pass rushing end (not a 3-4 LB) a pure d lineman to rush the passer. If you look around the league having that one solid pass rushing dlineman usually translates to playoffs. (ie) Giants, 49ers, Broncos, Atl, Pitt etc.

Btw I dont want any eskimos (sarcasm)
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Try to read beyond the color, people. The OP really is just looking for a player type. The examples that he has in his mind tend to be white guys. When you think of good running backs, do you picture a white guy or a black guy? When you think of pocket passers, do you think of white guys or black guys? When you think of a qb that will tuck the ball in and run on you, what color do you picture that qb being? Don't tell me that you don't subconsciously associate a color or race with any particular things in this world. Here's a test...Rapper? Oh, I just nailed you on that one. You pictured a black guy, but white guys rap too. If I say the word "racist" people generally would picture a white guy. That's not fair, but it's what people do. You really believe that black people aren't racist?

My point is this....the OP most likely did not mean to be racist. Could he have presented it differently? Yes, but read the post for it's intent. This thread probably wouldn't have received the same response if he stated that he wanted a black qb because black qbs scramble more.
    Here is the original post. Note the part that I have bolded.
    OOH! How do I say this without sounding racist? I think Miami is missing out on one of those "white" DE/OLD. You know the Paul Kruger, Jared Allen type DEs.
    Most of them don't have much to offer in athleticsm but they make up for it with their hearts. I remember the Trace Armstrong days in Miami. Man! that guy always come through for us. The only exception is JJ Watts, that muther is a freeak! Hope Miami gets one of those guys in this years draft but then we have Jeff Ireland. Nuff said!
    If he is being racist, he is also disrespecting white guys when he says "don't have much to offer in athleticsm".....but no one is mentioning that. Nobody has a problem with him saying something negative about a white guy, but any insinuation about another race is a problem? Get over it and move on. Read the post for the original poster's intent.
    Last edited by Scrap; 01-10-2013 at 07:34 AM.
    Quote Quote