Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If we can't get any of the big three for WR

1. -11
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    I think if you sign Jennings, resign Hartline, draft a guy like Robert Woods, to go along with Bess and Matthews . . . that is a solid group of 5 for Joe Philbin. You would also still be developing a UDFA or a late round pick to see what they can do in camp (maybe Brian Tyms).

That being said, I have no problem drafting 2 WRs in this draft . . . this draft is deep enough at the position to really come away with 2 solid guys to help build a future with Tannehill.
    It'll be interesting to see what kind of money Hartline wants. I'd pay him more like a WR who only scored one TD than a WR who broke 1,000 yards. As you noted, this draft is loaded at WR, so if Hartline walks, it's not earth-shattering by any means.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what kind of money Hartline wants. I'd pay him more like a WR who only scored one TD than a WR who broke 1,000 yards. As you noted, this draft is loaded at WR, so if Hartline walks, it's not earth-shattering by any means.
    I agree with that. It would be great to keep a WR who you know has built a rapport with your young QB . . . but I'm not slitting my throat if he is asking for too much money or isn't resigned. I was thinking 4 years and 18 million . . . don't know how much more a guy with 3 TD's in the last 3 years could ask for.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    marshville, nc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    at the same time, hartline and tanne clicked. an upgrade is needed but i feel you have to at least have the wr he was most comfortable with his rookie season. UNLESS hartline wants too much money then peace out. hartlines numbers as a number two...his yardage may go down but think his td's would go up and his catches would be about the same. we dont pay him as a 1000 yard reciever or a 1 td wr, he pay him as one of the top 10 number 2's in the league. and dont make childish jokes here, we're grown men. when it was time to reup bess last time we paid him what he was worth, a top slot reciever. in one of the interviews with hartline he sounded like he was a little entitled talking about how little he was paid and how he'd already given the hometown discount. he's not gonna get paid by anyone as a #1. also drafted 2 wr's high is crazy. the wr crop is okay but not great this year, i say you we draft one with one of our top 3 picks, then one late 6-7. hindsight 20-20 kinda sucks we didnt make a push for james jones this offseason.

oh but yeah in thought of the post, if we dont get a top 3. resign hartline, try to pick up a big time TE, draft one high and one low, pick up a mid tier speed wr fa...havent looked at FA list to even know if ones out there.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Free Agency is a beautiful thing for players . . . especially coming out of that initial rookie contract where you made peanuts for 4 years while watching guys you potentially outperform make more money. Hartline deserves his payday but talk about "he gave the Fins a hometown discount" is some what of a joke. If anything, the Fins gave him a big time resume boost by making him the #1 WR by default.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't mind overpaying a little for Hartline, only because of his pre-mentioned rapport with Tannehill. That and the fact that his production will most likely increase after we bring in a real #1 threat.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    An athletic TE is almost as important as another receiver.
    I agree, and might even say more so, especially in this offense, especially with how the league is evolving..
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would like to do the double-dip on WR and TE. Jennings and Cook works for me in FA, Allen and Ertz in the draft. Also, if I'm only keeping one of Hartline or Fasano, it's Hartline.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd look to add other positions in free agency, a starting caliber corner if possible and maybe a tight end. The draft has a lot of talent at wide receiver, although it would be nice to have a veteran.
    Quote Quote