Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Dolphins need to find talent and players that fit Joe Philbin

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dolphins need to find talent and players that fit Joe Philbin

Really?? Every coach want his own player..duh Omar...

As a result we learned a west coast offense without tight ends who can threaten the seams of the field doesn't work.
    A zone blocking scheme without offensive guards who can pull can not gel.
    An up-tempo offense without players who can serve as interchangeable parts isn't effective.
    A passing game that lacks receivers who possess the speed to stretch the field won't be explosive.
    A secondary that features cornerback, linebackers and safeties who lack the ball skills and the flexibility to play both man and zone coverage won't produce turnovers.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,6989161.story
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dolphins need to find talent and players that fit Joe Philbin

I don't know who Omar Kelly is.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually, Philin was quoted as saying something to the effect that he has to fit the system around the players and not the players around the system. I mean yes, we are playing a west coast offense, but in such a style that the offense plays to the strengths of the player and not the other way around.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

The only time I ever see what he reads is what is posted on here. And thats just what is posted on the forums. I NEVER hit the link and go to his site. I refuse to support any of the garbage Miami beat writers and I wish many here would do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    I don't know who Omar Kelly is.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

The only time I ever see what he reads is what is posted on here. And thats just what is posted on the forums. I NEVER hit the link and go to his site. I refuse to support any of the garbage Miami beat writers and I wish many here would do the same.
    For the past few months I've taken the same approach to it. Omar pretty much writes nothing but trash.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually, Philin was quoted as saying something to the effect that he has to fit the system around the players and not the players around the system. I mean yes, we are playing a west coast offense, but in such a style that the offense plays to the strengths of the player and not the other way around.
    If they were truly fitting their system around the players then Reggie Bush probably would have had 70+ catches. Well I guess you could say they started playing to their players strengths towards the end of the season when they had Tannehill moving around more and Bush started getting passes thrown his way but for about 13 games we didnt see any of that.
    My Offseason plan.... Get as many good football players as possible, The End.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Exactly..

1) They probably didnt know what all the players strengths were until later in the season.
    2) The playcalling was so bad alot of the times and onl;y marginal most of the time that they werent exactly fitting the scheme to the players strengths and were not utilizing the players properly.

Quote Originally Posted by outlawd2u View Post
    If they were truly fitting their system around the players then Reggie Bush probably would have had 70+ catches. Well I guess you could say they started playing to their players strengths towards the end of the season when they had Tannehill moving around more and Bush started getting passes thrown his way but for about 13 games we didnt see any of that.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do some work prior to the Draft Jeff
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Why? How childish can you possibly be?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    Why? How childish can you possibly be?
    Childish? Less childish than what it takes to write unobjectively. I suppose it wasnt at all childish for Greg Cote to write an article advising Ginn to hold out in 2007 right... I'm childish because I refuse to read their articles... Right pal..
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hmm.... do they have to be any certain race?

smh

Quote Quote