Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: One of the Most Helpful Parts of ObamaCare Just Kicked In

  1. -11
    GoFins!'s Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    492
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    I watch the Daily Show for entertainment purposes. Though given how much better they are keeping their viewers accurately informed, i might have to reconsider how often i watch it.
    Doing that just might improve one's "informedness" from 27% to 34%. A new Daily Show viewer could potentially go from getting just over a quarter of his facts right to getting over 1/3 right! He'd likely be labeled "frickin' brilliant" among the uninformed crowd.

    As you become a regular Daily Show viewer just make sure you realize where the news ends and the entertainment and commentary begins. Not all Daily Show viewers do.
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."


    - Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Heres my question.....how do you get 1.42 questions right? Seriously, i never got partial credit.....i wanna see these questions.....i smell something fishy, and it aint *****.


    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,825
    vCash:
    5030
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Any other outcome and we'd be arguing about the bias of the questions.

    Where'd they find so many uniformed people?

    The first indication of a potentially flawed sample is that these people either don't have caller ID or are lonely enough to answer the phone regardless just have someone to talk to.
    Seriously? I mean, is this a serious gripe? A sample is inaccurate because they don't have caller ID or because they answer the phone? Are you ****ing kidding me? Mother of god. I thought I'd seen it all. Can you tell me what a sample is? Can you define the independent/dependent variable? Do you even understand what a study is? Judging by the retardation you just posted, the answer is a resounding no to all those question. Which then begs the question, why are you posting on a topic you know absolutely nothing about? For ****'s sake...

    ---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Heres my question.....how do you get 1.42 questions right? Seriously, i never got partial credit.....i wanna see these questions.....i smell something fishy, and it aint *****.
    It's an average. I know you're kidding Mo, but I know others who read this won't understand and think there's funny business going on...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Eshlemon's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,830
    vCash:
    1510
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Because we are on the subject, hilariously:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/study...#ixzz2HKN823g5

    If you google the subject, Huffington Post has a story about it but, more importantly, also the actual study. For some reason i couldnt copy the Post article and i didnt think people on here would like to read the entire 11 page paper on the study.

    edit in: Pictures!





    So yeah, perhaps we should be linking the Daily show on here.
    Crazy people are still using these BS studies in their partisan pissing matches.

    "Who are the most consistently misinformed media viewers? … Fox viewers, consistently, every poll."

    So we have three Pew studies that superficially rank Fox viewers low on the well-informed list, but in several of the surveys, Fox isn’t the lowest, and other general-interest media outlets -- such as network news shows, network morning shows and even the other cable news networks -- often score similarly low. Meanwhile, particular Fox shows -- such as The O’Reilly Factor and Sean Hannity’s show -- actually score consistently well, occasionally even outpacing Stewart’s own audience.

    Meanwhile, the other set of knowledge surveys, from worldpublicopinion.org, offer mixed support for Stewart. The 2003 survey strikes us as pretty solid, but the 2010 survey has been critiqued for its methodology.

    The way Stewart phrased the comment, it’s not enough to show a sliver of evidence that Fox News’ audience is ill-informed. The evidence needs to support the view that the data shows they are "consistently" misinformed -- a term he used not once but three times. It’s simply not true that "every poll" shows that result. So we rate his claim False.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...news-are-most/

    Fox and MSNBC are the most partisan politicaly based media sources and don't watch either for that reason.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Seriously? I mean, is this a serious gripe? A sample is inaccurate because they don't have caller ID or because they answer the phone? Are you ****ing kidding me? Mother of god. I thought I'd seen it all. Can you tell me what a sample is? Can you define the independent/dependent variable? Do you even understand what a study is? Judging by the retardation you just posted, the answer is a resounding no to all those question. Which then begs the question, why are you posting on a topic you know absolutely nothing about? For ****'s sake...

    ---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------



    It's an average. I know you're kidding Mo, but I know others who read this won't understand and think there's funny business going on...
    Actually, i thought it was a good excuse to get that pic of the dolphins with his snout in the womans crotch out there, but maybe not

    P.S.
    If we are to go by these polls, what do we do about the innumerable YouTube videos showing Obama supporters ranging from mildly to severely stupid as if they were gospel?

    How about we recognize individuals as either ignorant or enlightened instead of paintbrushing a whole group as such? Or is it only fun when its denegrating people you disagree with?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,682
    vCash:
    33543
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Actually, i thought it was a good excuse to get that pic of the dolphins with his snout in the womans crotch out there, but maybe not

    P.S.
    If we are to go by these polls, what do we do about the innumerable YouTube videos showing Obama supporters ranging from mildly to severely stupid as if they were gospel?
    How about we laugh at them like we do at any YouTube video that features people being stupid, which is all of them?

    How about we recognize individuals as either ignorant or enlightened instead of paintbrushing a whole group as such? Or is it only fun when its denegrating people you disagree with?
    Great message, only it doesn't go the point of the study, which is that watching Fox News tends to make you more ignorant and less enlightened.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    How about we laugh at them like we do at any YouTube video that features people being stupid, which is all of them?



    Great message, only it doesn't go the point of the study, which is that watching Fox News tends to make you more ignorant and less enlightened.
    I agree...i laugh at idiots all day long.....I grew up before the internet, but my oh my, if any one advance has changed our culture....this is it.

    And maybe you are looking at the study askew. I dont know what specific questions they asked, or of whom. But maybe the people they asked were idiots before they watched Fox News or The Daily Show.....in which case the shows didnt make them any smarter, nor any dumber.....

    Damn....now i've gone cross eyed
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,682
    vCash:
    33543
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    I agree...i laugh at idiots all day long.....I grew up before the internet, but my oh my, if any one advance has changed our culture....this is it.

    And maybe you are looking at the study askew. I dont know what specific questions they asked, or of whom. But maybe the people they asked were idiots before they watched Fox News or The Daily Show.....in which case the shows didnt make them any smarter, nor any dumber.....

    Damn....now i've gone cross eyed
    So you say maybe they were dumb before they watched Fox News then I say maybe the reason they're watching Fox News is because they're dumb.

    Maybe maybe maybe. There's no use in making unsubstantiated guesses as to why the study came out the way it did just because you don't like the result. Nobody's saying you have to go around telling everyone that Fox News makes you dumb. Give the study whatever subjective weight you want to give it. But don't try to change the results with made up variables. That leads nowhere.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    GoFins!'s Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    492
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Seriously? I mean, is this a serious gripe? A sample is inaccurate because they don't have caller ID or because they answer the phone? Are you ****ing kidding me?


    Oh my goodness ... I'm sorry Locke. I had no idea you were so literal.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,752
    vCash:
    14320
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: One of the Most Helpful Parts of ObamaCare Just Kicked In

    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    Any other outcome and we'd be arguing about the bias of the questions.

    Where'd they find so many uniformed people?

    The first indication of a potentially flawed sample is that these people either don't have caller ID or are lonely enough to answer the phone regardless just to have someone to talk to.
    I just went back and read the article on the study and wondered whether Americans were really that stupid, regardless of their news source? They average well less than 50% accuracy on foreign and domestic issues...and these idiot's votes count the same as mine. No wonder our government is screwed up like a football-bat!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Obamacare Cheerleader AARP Receives Obamacare Waiver
    By Dolphins9954 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 09:36 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 10:57 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 08:41 AM
  4. Dolphins Fans: Some helpful info
    By fin-atic in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2002, 09:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •