Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on Devlin as backup QB?

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    The fact that you have a mediocre ineffective vs serious Defenses carpetbagger QB up there with legendary organic career Fins QBs means you either know **** about QB'ing or about Fins legacies... or was one of those butt-hurt Penny slurpers who swung over Tebow style after the jest kicked him to the curb. It's obvious. But how about this, you STFU about a QB who''d have been put in to replace Noodle on the basis of his last 3 games with us and I'll STFU about you and your inappropriate hired gun boy crush, eh?
    You still didn't answer if you played football, did you? The only stat you can use is "agaisnt top scoring defenses" --what is that?!...you sound like you're fishing for some kind of stat to use. He led the league in completions %, lowest interceptions, and won 9 out the last 10 must win games to get in the playoffs. Even the rest of the league knew what he was doing--he was a close 2nd in MVP to Peyton Manning that year. You can hate on Pennington all you want, but the fact is that he took a sorry 1-15 team to 11-5 and the AFC East title in one year--restoring pride and respect back to Miami, then when he was gone we went to crap again even till this day, and your bandwaggon Tannehill boy isn't doing anything. You say CP would have been replaced because of his last 3 games--but look at one of those 3 games where he played agaisnt the Superbowl Colt's Peyton Manning; CP dominated that game and kept the ball for over 45 minutes...but it was our defense that kept giving up easy TDs every 2 minutes after every one of CP's long TD scoring drives. By the way, the only thing you know about quarterbacking is from watching NFL network and studying stats.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    You still didn't answer if you played football, did you? The only stat you can use is "agaisnt top scoring defenses" --what is that?!...you sound like you're fishing for some kind of stat to use. He led the league in completions %, lowest interceptions, and won 9 out the last 10 must win games to get in the playoffs. Even the rest of the league knew what he was doing--he was a close 2nd in MVP to Peyton Manning that year. You can hate on Pennington all you want, but the fact is that he took a sorry 1-15 team to 11-5 and the AFC East title in one year--restoring pride and respect back to Miami, then when he was gone we went to crap again even till this day, and your bandwaggon Tannehill boy isn't doing anything. You say CP would have been replaced because of his last 3 games--but look at one of those 3 games where he played agaisnt the Superbowl Colt's Peyton Manning; CP dominated that game and kept the ball for over 45 minutes...but it was our defense that kept giving up easy TDs every 2 minutes after every one of CP's long TD scoring drives. By the way, the only thing you know about quarterbacking is from watching NFL network and studying stats.
    So when did you stop being a jest fan? in August of 08? One of your fellow JI or TGG fans did an in depth study of Noodle's performance against top 10 scoring D's - you know like the ones that mostly turn up in the playoffs. Guess what? Noodle won less than 1/3rd of the time, but then again in 08 we split with NE and lost twice to the Ravens - once disgracefully, so he pitched a .25 for us.. you may like blue balls if that's all you can get, but most of us long standing Fins fans know what it means to go into the playoffs fully armed (pardon the pun). I'm curious, have you have been to a Fins game in the last few years? Again, putting a limp armed hired gun up with two great Fins QBs speaks volumes for both your fandom and your opinion of Tannehill. You keep banging on our promising rook and I'll keep banging on the QB the jest fans stood up and applauded for when carted off the field.

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So when did you stop being a jest fan? in August of 08? One of your fellow JI or TGG fans did an in depth study of Noodle's performance against top 10 scoring D's - you know like the ones that mostly turn up in the playoffs. Guess what? Noodle won less than 1/3rd of the time, but then again in 08 we split with NE and lost twice to the Ravens - once disgracefully, so he pitched a .25 for us.. you may like blue balls if that's all you can get, but most of us long standing Fins fans know what it means to go into the playoffs fully armed (pardon the pun). I'm curious, have you have been to a Fins game in the last few years? Again, putting a limp armed hired gun up with two great Fins QBs speaks volumes for both your fandom and your opinion of Tannehill. You keep banging on our promising rook and I'll keep banging on the QB the jest fans stood up and applauded for when carted off the field.

You still didn't answer, did you play football?
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You still didn't answer, did you play football?
    How long have you been a fan (aka, did you swing over with the other penny slurpers?)
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How long have you been a fan (aka, did you swing over with the other penny slurpers?)
    I've been a fan since Bob Greise was playing quarterback. I've never been a Jets fan but I appreciate a good quarterback like Chad Pennington and what he did for us. And like you, I was afraid of him when we played against the Jets. And I guess you answered my question by not answering 3 times "Have you played football?"
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Like I said earlier in this thread, I like Devlin and I am rooting for him. Though I don't like Devlin as much as BG12DM13CP10, I do think he has a future with this team. Tannehill is the starter without question, Devlin will never unseat him. However, I have hope that he can eventually become solid backup to Tannehill. Whether or not that is in 2013 or not remains to be seen. What I do know is that Philbin and some other offensive assistants are very high on Devlin which shows me that he is improving with time and practice. I also think it was pretty obvious just from preseason games how much of a jump he made from 2011 to 2012, I would expect another jump next year.

I love the idea that Miami can groom their backup quarterback.

Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think Devlin can be nearly as bad as the backup QB they have in Minneapolis.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he hasn't improved enough to be a no 2 by now, I think you'd have to cut him loose. I think he will be the 2.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Philbin absolutely loves Devlin and I do think it is very possible he will be the #2, or at least have a chance to compete for it. I do think Miami will try and re-sign Moore to be the #2, and I wouldn't be surprised if Moore tests the free agent market then comes back. But in the scenario that Moore leaves, I think Devlin will be the #2 and they will draft someone in the 5th or 6th round to be the #3 and push Devlin.
    I like the development of Devlin but with Tannehill as our starter, I think it would be a huge mistake to not bring in a veteran qb. If Tannehill goes down, Devlin is far from ready to be an NFL starter. As for drafting a guy late in draft at qb, I would do that almost every year.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Any thoughts on Devlin as backup QB?

Dude you're a bandwagon Pennington and Devlin boy, so quit being a hypocrite.
    Quote Quote