Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mort on 32: Sherman

1. -21
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    FYI, the two guys that came with Sherman from A&M we could block from going if he were to get a job. I could see Philbin having a policy similar to that of the Packers; if you get a chance to be a head coach we won't stop you, but you cannot take any of our assistants with you. Another point I would like to add, it would be one thing if we would be overhauling the offense, but Philbin is married to the West Coast Offense himself. If Sherman were to leave we wouldn't be overhauling the playbook at all so those worrying about Tannehill struggling with a new playbook should not worry about that. And if we went a different direction without promoting from within, our offense is connected directly with Cinci, Washington, and Houston. Some good assistants we could hire as well.

Reports however out of CHicago suggest that Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall are pushing for Texans OC Rick Dennison; he was the OC during Cutler and Marshall's years together in Denver. Dennison also wouldn't fire Cutler's boy Jeremy Bates.

As for Sherman potentially leaving, as I've said all offseason, I think he can be an asset but after this year I wouldn't shed a tear if he were to leave. Too many things he didn't do that irritated me. With a bit more talent I think he'd do better, but if he becomes a HC, I'll laugh for ages at whoever hires him
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins28 View Post
    Nooooooooooooooo! who's going to insult Egnew now?
    everyone else?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins28 View Post
    Nooooooooooooooo! who's going to insult Egnew now?
    Hoops
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    I think how Sherman handled Thill wasn't good at all. Luck, RG and Wilson were not "protected" and they thrived. I personally feel Sherman hampered Thills growth. If Sherman doesn't open it up more next year he is going to be looking for a new job not as a promotion, he'll be looking becuase he won't have this one anymore.
    Well with regard to RGIII and Wilson it helps to have a running game, I mean having Alfred Morris and Marshaw Lynch running for 3200 yards isn't a big deal in the offense at all, hell Reggie Bush out gained RGIII by 171 yards. That's spectacular for Miami's number 1 back to be right up there with a QB. So yeah they were protected, with a running game and a line, Luck ran around like a chicken but at least he has a few receivers down field to throw too.

So Tannehill was hampered by a conservative OC, lol. How many times under Sparano did you see empty backfields and 20 yards passes, maybe 5 or 6 times over a three year span. If anything Tannehill did more with less than the rest of the QB class. I'm not worried one single bit about Ryan Tannehill or Mike Sherman, I'm worried about placing some pieces on the roster so he can have a year like Luck, Wilson and RGIII.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i hope he leaves but the bears know better to hire this coach who has been fired ..
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Sucks as a head coach, but he is not the head coach here.

I truly believe he and Zac Taylor are very critical pieces in the development of Ryan Tannehill. If Sherman leaves, Taylor will likely follow him and suddenly Tannehill is probably learning a new offensive system. Not good.
    Absolutely agree.
    --
    Chris J. Nelson

About me:
    I am a production assistant for Turner Sports and I love my job. I also love the Dolphins and have been writing my own blog since 2007. I would love if you gave it a look and considered it as part of your regular Dolphins web rotation.

Visit my blog at phins-spotlight.com and follow me on twitter @phinsspotlight!
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sherman has been instrumental in developing our best QB prospect since Marino. He clearly works well with coach Philbin. Season 2 we will have more talented weapons to surround Tannehill. It is too early for him to go. There is a lot more work to be done here (and it should be a lot more fun than the prospect of coaching a petulant head case like Cutler and our favorite borderline personality disorder WR diva, Brandon Marshall).
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am much more worried about Coyle than anything else. He has shown how he can take a bunch of scubs and a good line and make a defense out of it. I want to see how well he can do with players he picked and who are able to run the scheme he wants, not that I am complaining I love his ability to change his scheme to fit the lack of talent he had. Same kind of flexibility Rex Ryan has shown in the past.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Phins-Spotlight.com

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
    Padme's dead?
    Quote Quote