Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Enough *****footting around mock

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    This year he is a top 3 S. Behind Byrd and maybe Ward.
    Maybe but thats to us , most of the nfl doesnt see him there yet and based on one year I wouldnt put him there.

I think Weddle is better and definately better regarded by his peers at this time( mainly because he has a history)
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Maybe but thats to us , most of the nfl doesnt see him there yet and based on one year I wouldnt put him there.

I think Weddle is better and definately better regarded by his peers at this time( mainly because he has a history)
    I think I meant Weddle instead of Ward LOL. Oops.

Weddle was pretty meh for awhile but turned it on last year. So Jones started younger lol.

SAMMY WATKINS IS THE BEST WR IN THE COUNTRY & FUTURE MIAMI DOLPHIN!
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Roy your a nice guy like alot of your posts but 14 mill for Wallace and 11 for Jennings as well as 6 for Hartline wow talk about overspending also Odrick that much really . I also doubt Bess is worth a second

I have no idea what salaries these guys will command, I've seen some silly numbers like Hartline for $3mill and Jennings for 3 years at $8mill, I tried to err on the high side. The point of this thread is we can have an immediate turn around and become relevant again by signing these guys, and we can afford it. I don't see paying market value for good football players as overspending, its just spending. Overspending is paying trash like Richard Marshall $6 mill per year when he's not even that much of an upgrade over a guy like Nolan Carroll making the league minimum.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OP's been hanging out with the TPB's smoking Ricky's driveway hash up in Moncton it seems.

in all seriousness though, OP's plan might be overtly ridiculous, but the sentiment holds true; we have trash on this team (misi et al), and we should target proven FA's since we've got the dough and spit out some of the parcells/ireland/sparano players.

and for those in hysterics over this guys idea to sign Wallace and Jennings, consider the proportion of team salary we have had appropriated to the OL over the Parcells/Ireland era, which seems to greatly outweigh other areas of the team, though I havent done any quantitative comparison. Long, Carey, Smiley, Grove, Incognito all made a lot of money. i sure as sh1t wouldnt pay Wallace 14mil though. I'll take Jennings, his 4.42 40 and complete knowledge of the playbook.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Everyone really needs to get it through their head once and for all: there is NO way in hell any team, let alone the Dolphins, would sign two expensive WR's like Wallace and Jennings in one free agency period. Even if they technically afford it, they wouldn't. You guys are also seriously kidding yourselves if you really think this team is just one or two good receivers away from contending. Newsflash: there are still holes up and down the roster. Even at positions they are solid at, the depth is for ****. The CB spot is just as big of a need as WR is and it is imperative they get a pass rusher opposite Wake.

It seems like the OP is 100% serious with this so I have no reason but to take it seriously as well. I really cannot comprehend how he professes the team just let Jake Long, Randy Starks, Reggie Bush, and Sean Smith ALL walk. Yeah, that's a real recipe for success. Sign two high dollar receivers (one of which will be way overpriced) so that the offense can probably go from averaging 18 points/game to 20. Meanwhile, the defense will be a total sieve against both the run and pass and allow 26 points per game. Hell, the team record improved from 6-10 to 7-9 this year. Maybe they can get to 8-8 with this offseason plan!
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNorth View Post
    Everyone really needs to get it through their head once and for all: there is NO way in hell any team, let alone the Dolphins, would sign two expensive WR's like Wallace and Jennings in one free agency period. Even if they technically afford it, they wouldn't. You guys are also seriously kidding yourselves if you really think this team is just one or two good receivers away from contending. Newsflash: there are still holes up and down the roster. Even at positions they are solid at, the depth is for ****. The CB spot is just as big of a need as WR is and it is imperative they get a pass rusher opposite Wake.

It seems like the OP is 100% serious with this so I have no reason but to take it seriously as well. I really cannot comprehend how he professes the team just let Jake Long, Randy Starks, Reggie Bush, and Sean Smith ALL walk. Yeah, that's a real recipe for success. Sign two high dollar receivers (one of which will be way overpriced) so that the offense can probably go from averaging 18 points/game to 20. Meanwhile, the defense will be a total sieve against both the run and pass and allow 26 points per game. Hell, the team record improved from 6-10 to 7-9 this year. Maybe they can get to 8-8 with this offseason plan!
    If we only go from 18 to 20 points a game adding Jennings, Wallace, a second round WR and one of the top 2 TEs in the draft then that means Tannehill sucks so nothing else matters, the team is doomed for another 5 years no matter what.

As for the other free agents: Smith sucks, I'll take my chances with a rookie to replace him. Replace Starks with Odrick. Long's a goner, the writing's on the wall for that one. Sucks to lose Bush, rolling the dice on Miller and other rookies. And I'm gonna roll with Vernon at DE, he seems to be a special player from what I saw.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    If we only go from 18 to 20 points a game adding Jennings, Wallace, a second round WR and one of the top 2 TEs in the draft then that means Tannehill sucks so nothing else matters, the team is doomed for another 5 years no matter what.

As for the other free agents: Smith sucks, I'll take my chances with a rookie to replace him. Replace Starks with Odrick. Long's a goner, the writing's on the wall for that one. Sucks to lose Bush, rolling the dice on Miller and other rookies. And I'm gonna roll with Vernon at DE, he seems to be a special player from what I saw.
    That's just not in any way realistic, though, and that was my point. Now, not only do you seriously think signing both Wallace and Jennings is somehow possible but you also want them to use either their 1st round pick or their first 2nd rounder on a tight end? AND re-sign Hartline? Ridiculous.

Real football is not like Madden. No team has an entire roster full of pro bowl players, man. You can't just dismiss people like Sean Smith, simply saying "he sucks." Is he great? No, but he is a serviceable player. Every team needs serviceable players. I agree with you that Long is probably a goner, and I feel he should be, but it's not as easy as just saying "take my chances with a rookie" all over the roster, or you will soon find yourself yearning for the days the team finished 7-9.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNorth View Post
    That's just not in any way realistic, though, and that was my point. Now, not only do you seriously think signing both Wallace and Jennings is somehow possible but you also want them to use either their 1st round pick or their first 2nd rounder on a tight end? AND re-sign Hartline? Ridiculous.

Real football is not like Madden. No team has an entire roster full of pro bowl players, man. You can't just dismiss people like Sean Smith, simply saying "he sucks." Is he great? No, but he is a serviceable player. Every team needs serviceable players. I agree with you that Long is probably a goner, and I feel he should be, but it's not as easy as just saying "take my chances with a rookie" all over the roster, or you will soon find yourself yearning for the days the team finished 7-9.
    My point is Lamar Miller is only a slight downgrade from Reggie Bush (hopefully) and a first round CB will only be a slight downgrade from Sean Smith (or maybe a huge upgrade), Smith plus Bush is going to cost about $14million to keep or you could trade them both for Wallace, a huge upgrade at WR. It is a gamble, a big gamble (hence the title of the thread) but these moves don't just have the potential to make us a playoff threat, they make us a superbowl threat.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Enough *****footting around mock

Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Sign:

Mike Wallace 5 years $70 ($14)
    Greg Jennings 4 years $46 ($11.5)
    Brian Hartline 5 year $30 ($6)
    Chris Clemmos 3 year $6 ($2)
    Use about $10 to re-sign depth guys, kicker, FA Guard or Tackle

Extend Jones 4 years $20 ($5)
    Extend Odrick 4 years $20 ($5)

Trade Davone Bess for a 2nd or 3rd
    Trade Koa Misi
    Cut Incognito
    Cut Dan Carpenter

Draft
    With the 6 picks in the first 3 rounds draft:
    TE
    Tackle/Guard
    WR
    2 CBs
    LB
    With the later round picks get RBs and a kicker

Toughest decision: Hate to see Reggie go as he was my favorite player this season but he's too pricey and not durable enough for a running back. I'm gonna roll the dice that Lamar Miller can carry the load.

Might be a little short on $$$ but some contracts can be back loaded, especially Hartline, Jones and Odrick.
    It's a fantasy but I agree with every single word of it. Especially the part about getting rid of Bess and Misi.

I wish you were the GM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need Bess in the slot, we don't need him playing the X or Y. What a joke that was this year.
    WVDolphan:

"
    Fiedler did not have the arm strength of Tannehill, but overall he was a much better QB."

Attack the Person, Not the Ideas:

Attack the person in some way. For example:
    • Attack their expertise, questioning their qualifications or experience
    • Comment on their inability to make a good argument
    • Attach them to discredited others

Example

You are not qualified to make such a statement.
    You would say that, wouldn't you.
    And who do you think is going to believe you.

Attacking the Person is a form of distraction, forcing them into defense and away from their argument.
    Quote Quote