Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RB Lacey anyone?

1. -11
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Love him, we dont really need a rb though unless we let Bush walk.
    Still need a RB at some point, even if we do resign Bush. Thomas blows, Miller is still a relative unknown quantity (shown flashes, but that's it), and Bush is unbelievably inconsistent and a complete non-factor in a game as soon as he stubs his toe. Luckily, it's an easy position for any average GM to fill.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looks much better than Ingram and Richardson. Runs with anger, agility, power, and balance. Kid looks like a stud.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Still need a RB at some point, even if we do resign Bush. Thomas blows, Miller is still a relative unknown quantity (shown flashes, but that's it), and Bush is unbelievably inconsistent and a complete non-factor in a game as soon as he stubs his toe. Luckily, it's an easy position for any average GM to fill.
    if only we had an average GM
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Kid doesn't go down at first contact!

The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    if only we had an average GM
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Bush is unbelievably inconsistent and a complete non-factor in a game as soon as he stubs his toe.
    Uh, I seem to remember Bush hobbling off the field against Buffalo in the first quarter and missing a few plays, replaced by Miller. He returned to score three touchdowns, including one of the plays of the year, adjusting to the nice lob from Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like that RB too but I doubt we'll take a RB at 12 or at any point in the first round in case we move down. I like Miller but I think Bush will be gone and Thomas can't stay healthy so we might need a RB. It is tempting. I also like the TE from Notre Dame but 12 is too high for him. I could see us trading down and getting an extra 2 or 3....a lot depends on what we do in free agency and who's on the board. If Werner is there at 12 it'd hard to pass on him.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I like that RB too but I doubt we'll take a RB at 12 or at any point in the first round in case we move down. I like Miller but I think Bush will be gone and Thomas can't stay healthy so we might need a RB. It is tempting. I also like the TE from Notre Dame but 12 is too high for him. I could see us trading down and getting an extra 2 or 3....a lot depends on what we do in free agency and who's on the board. If Werner is there at 12 it'd hard to pass on him.

Ozzy rules!!
    Lacey likely with his performance last night has put himself at the bottom of the 1st round! My thinking is we don't really have a "power back" Miller and Bush are the same kinda back, I wont even try and define what D.Thomas is suppose to be. I agree 12 is wayyy to high, but in the event we do trade down say 20-27? or if he's available(which i doubt) in the 2nd round as a competent GM you gotta pull the trigger.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    Lacey likely with his performance last night has put himself at the bottom of the 1st round! My thinking is we don't really have a "power back" Miller and Bush are the same kinda back, I wont even try and define what D.Thomas is suppose to be. I agree 12 is wayyy to high, but in the event we do trade down say 20-27? or if he's available(which i doubt) in the 2nd round as a competent GM you gotta pull the trigger.
    If we move down into the late 20's and he's still there it'd be hard to pass on him depending on who else is there and what we did on free agency before the draft. You'd also have to consider that if we move down from 12 to the late 20's(does that sound familiar?)we'd have 3 picks in round 2. After the debacle of trading away the chance to take Earl Thomas or JJP and ending up with Odrick and Misi, I'm not sure Ireland would do that again. I do see us posinly moving down to the late teens or very early 20's where Lacy would still be posible or even Eifert(sp?).

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If we move down into the late 20's and he's still there it'd be hard to pass on him depending on who else is there and what we did on free agency before the draft. You'd also have to consider that if we move down from 12 to the late 20's(does that sound familiar?)we'd have 3 picks in round 2. After the debacle of trading away the chance to take Earl Thomas or JJP and ending up with Odrick and Misi, I'm not sure Ireland would do that again. I do see us posinly moving down to the late teens or very early 20's where Lacy would still be posible or even Eifert(sp?).

Ozzy rules!!
    Yeah...agreed! Personally, I'm willing to let Bush go and feel more than comfortable that Miller can bring some flash element. Now were I lose confidence is in D.Thomas serving as the "lightning component."Personally I've never seen a guy at his size run with so little power? How many times has he broken the 1st tackle? Punished the tackler? Got completely stood up? How many times has a safety(cough cough Arizona game) ran him over in blitz pick up?

Thus, I say if by some miracle he's still there at the top of the 2nd round trade up and get him. IMO, with Lacey and Miller our backfield will be set for the next 3-5 years!
    Quote Quote