Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Ohio state CB Bradley Roby going back to school

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ohio state CB Bradley Roby going back to school

Been watching a lot of this guy and was going to post how I think we should take a good look at him, before the news came out he's staying in college.

keep an eye on this kid. If he kicks on from this season he could be a first rounder next year.

Draftbreakdown.com has his games against Penn St and Cal, he was terrific in both. I've seen him have less auspicious games than these, but the talent is there, no question.

I'm liking a lot of Ohio DT players this year: him, Hankins, Stoneburner and Fragel. All well coached, NFL ready guys, IMO.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    as of right now, my number 1 CB next year (provided Milner enters). Though a healthy Blake Countess is right there with him in terms of best CB
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, i definitely would have jumped at Roby if he was there with our 2nd round pick. The kid is really good. Smart though to return to school. That's going to be a good team next year and he can really improve his draft status.

The guy i really like from OSU is Simon. He's relentless and very strong for his size.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU Cane View Post
    Yeah, i definitely would have jumped at Roby if he was there with our 2nd round pick. The kid is really good. Smart though to return to school. That's going to be a good team next year and he can really improve his draft status.

The guy i really like from OSU is Simon. He's relentless and very strong for his size.
    I like Simon too. Great motor and attitude - gets pressure from sheer force of will. But I wonder if he's big enough, explosive enough or has long enough arms to cut it at the pro level. I suspect he might be one of those guys who finds the pro game more than he can chew, physically speaking. He might find a spot in the later rounds to a team looking for a 3-4 OLB who drifts around looking for openings. Kind of a Melvin Ingram role maybe.

I looked at him a fair bit while watching other Ohio St guys and wondered if he could be a successful pro. But my take is that he's more or less hit his ceiling physically and skills wise. There are plenty of guys, however, who have defied that rule of thumb and gone on to be successful. Plenty more "high ceiling" guys who turned out to have low floors.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    I like Simon too. Great motor and attitude - gets pressure from sheer force of will. But I wonder if he's big enough, explosive enough or has long enough arms to cut it at the pro level. I suspect he might be one of those guys who finds the pro game more than he can chew, physically speaking. He might find a spot in the later rounds to a team looking for a 3-4 OLB who drifts around looking for openings. Kind of a Melvin Ingram role maybe.

I looked at him a fair bit while watching other Ohio St guys and wondered if he could be a successful pro. But my take is that he's more or less hit his ceiling physically and skills wise. There are plenty of guys, however, who have defied that rule of thumb and gone on to be successful. Plenty more "high ceiling" guys who turned out to have low floors.
    Yeah, he may have hit that ceiling and is on the low end of the size scale for an NFL 4-3 DE (at least on the strong side). Guys like him are the ones i'm interested in seeing at the combine. What is his arm length? Does his body look filled out and mature, or can he still add 5-10 pounds? What's his short area explosiveness and footword look like? I've already seen the game tape....these things are the uncertainties that could make or break him.
    Quote Quote