Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112

Thread: My goodness Te'o

1. -111
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The only thing that would make this story -that much better- is if the Jets drafted him with their 1st pick.
    Quote Quote  

2. -112
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    yeah Manti's lines about being duped are straight up bull. Too many inconsistencies there from him alone to say he didn't know.
    Wow what a sad story. A similar thing happened to me. I met this girl named Donna back in 1998 in an AOL chat room. We emailed me each other just about every day, and I talked to her about five times over the phone. We only lived about 300 miles apart, and I asked her a few times if she would like to meet up and each time she made up some kind of an excuse. Anyway, I found out about three years ago that she could never meet up because the entire 14 years that I knew her, she was married. Despite this we ended up staying friends but things were never really the same. Last Summer I hadn't heard from here in a few months and I thought she was mad at me. I ended up typing her name into Google and I found an obituary for her....she had been sick for a few months and died in a hospital of pneumonia. I never got the chance to meet her in person. You just have to be really careful when you chat or email with people online as you never know if they are being upfront with you.
    Quote Quote  

3. -113
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think he did this for publicity. Logically there's only 2 reasons for a guy to make up having a girlfriend. #1 he's 12 years old and he wants to impress his friends. #2 he's gay

The fact is that the risk of this lie far out weighs doing this just for publicity's sake. The kid plays at Notre Dame, he doesn't need more publicity.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

4. -114
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I don't think he did this for publicity. Logically there's only 2 reasons for a guy to make up having a girlfriend. #1 he's 12 years old and he wants to impress his friends. #2 he's gay

The fact is that the risk of this lie far out weighs doing this just for publicity's sake. The kid plays at Notre Dame, he doesn't need more publicity.
    I hate to judge before all the facts are in, but "logically" probably isn't a word that should be used too often with this story.
    Quote Quote  

5. -115
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    one of the dumbest things i've ever heard...faking a fake girlfriends death...what a clown
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -116
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK, I am speechless.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

7. -117
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    one of the dumbest things i've ever heard...faking a fake girlfriends death...what a clown
    I tell you what, I'm not ruling out that he really was duped. Stanford players are on record saying he used to ask them after their games if they knew his girlfriend (who supposedly went there). Also the kid is Mormon and I've known some Mormons in my day; they are very nice but also rather nieve and gullable. The kid may just be a rube.
    Quote Quote  

8. -118
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Luke Kuechley never played a team like Bama.

Hell Luke would've gotten beasted in by B. Jones too.
    How can you make that statement when he has a year in the pros (I'd imagine every team he played was a league above Alabama...hence the letters "NFL"), not to mention he led the league in tackles.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote