Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 118

Thread: My goodness Te'o

  1. -21
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    3,732
    vCash:
    7935
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    Well thank you for letting me know you didn't watch their tape, but that stat argument is hilarious I can plug so many holes in it it's not even worth it.
    Tape? who watches tape anymore? is this 1993?

    I've seen both play and I think you're, at the very least, splitting hairs. And, yes, stats matter. While they're not everything, they matter. Numbers can lie, but in this case, the numbers don't even compare which could be why you're not too fond of them.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,083
    vCash:
    1685
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    Tape? who watches tape anymore? is this 1993?

    I've seen both play and I think you're, at the very least, splitting hairs. And, yes, stats matter. While they're not everything, they matter. Numbers can lie, but in this case, the numbers don't even compare which could be why you're not too fond of them.
    Unbelievable so you're saying screw tape, GMs draft based on stats ? Oh my lord stop embarrassing yourself. How drop the numbers not compare? Te'o only has 4 more interceptions while last season Te'o had 90 more tackles and a TD? IS THAT U IRELAND?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    3,732
    vCash:
    7935
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    Unbelievable so you're saying screw tape GMs draft based on stats ? Oh my lord stop embarrassing yourself. How drop the numbers not compare? Te'o only has 4 more interceptions while last season Te'o had 90 more tackles and a TD? IS THAT U IRELAND?
    lol, no.... i'm saying, who calls it tape anymore? its video, if anything. Calling it tape makes me think of VHS.

    oh god... what have i done
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,083
    vCash:
    1685
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    lol, no.... i'm saying, who calls it tape anymore? its video, if anything. Calling it tape makes me think of VHS.

    oh god... what have i done
    Way to ignore my argument on that retarded logic of yours that post was hilarious and no one watches tape it's saying for video like you said, I have NFL rewind. But to continue exposing that hilarious argument of "stats" which was wrong to begin with saying Te'o is on another level than Luke (LOL seriously were you drunk?) should we draft stedman baily over keenan allen because the stats aren't close . Seriously that post was comical
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    3,732
    vCash:
    7935
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarriorFins View Post
    Way to ignore my argument on that retarded logic of yours that post was hilarious and no one watches tape it's saying for video like you said, I have NFL rewind. But to continue exposing that hilarious argument of "stats" which was wrong to begin with saying Te'o is on another level than Luke (LOL seriously were you drunk?) should we draft stedman baily over keenan allen because the stats aren't close . Seriously that post was comical
    How am I ignoring your argument? I responded to your post stating that I dont think GM should evaluate players using video footage, which i never once said.

    But, go ahead. Call my logic retarded, if that makes you feel better. Have fun arguing with yourself.

    Lets start over. Hi, my name is Dave.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,083
    vCash:
    1685
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    How am I ignoring your argument? I responded to your post stating that I dont think GM should evaluate players using video footage, which i never once said.

    But, go ahead. Call my logic retarded, if that makes you feel better. Have fun arguing with yourself.

    Lets start over. Hi, my name is Dave.
    First you said Te'o had a better season stats wise and it wasn't close and that was completely false, then based on your "stats" logic GM should draft on who has the better stats and if their not close like Stedman Baily over Keenan Allen in that stat department we should basically without thought draft stedman baily because of stats. What do you mean GMs shouldn't evaluate a player on footage, they all do it and everyone prepares for other teams by looking at their footage. How should we evaluate players then? What do you think those mock drafts you see on the internet are based on? Do you know how coaches grade performances of players after a game? they don't look at the stats they see what they did on film to correct mistakes or give props. GM use film/footage/tape w/e you want to call it to evaluate players all the time.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    3,732
    vCash:
    7935
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1) reread my posts. I said stats aren't everything.

    2) I never said researching a player using game footage was a bad thing or that gms dont do that.

    You really are arguing with yourself. Have fun with that.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Ground and Pound

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2011
    Posts:
    2,083
    vCash:
    1685
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    1) reread my posts. I said stats aren't everything.

    2) I never said researching a player using game footage was a bad thing or that gms dont do that.

    You really are arguing with yourself. Have fun with that.
    you said "I dont think GM should evaluate players using video footage"How are you not saying it's a bad way of evaluating players? And you did in fact say when stats don't even compare or in other words have much superior stats that they pretty much determine who's better although you used that with Te'o and Luke when in fact it wasn't true because you never looked into it when you made that dumbass statement but let's act like you didn't because that was embarrassing.


    So let's bring up all your gems you posted in this thread:

    "Compare stats, or whatever else you want, and Te'o is just better. "

    "I dont think GM should evaluate players using video footage"

    "Te'o Heisman candidate"
    (as if it means anything now a days and worth using in an argument against Luke vs Te'o)

    was he in the running for the heisman? (Refering to luke as if it was a knock on him)
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    DudeleBroski's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2011
    Posts:
    486
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How drunk are you guys?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    ROADRUNNER's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2008
    Posts:
    9,171
    vCash:
    7943
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All i can say is.......Te'o i hope it was just a one off, man you were bad last night.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. oh my goodness...
    By kloud_9 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 05:58 AM
  2. Jae Bella (Goodness)
    By Wombat in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 07:46 AM
  3. Oh My Goodness,say It Ain't So
    By djphinfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 12:12 AM
  4. Hmm, more Prisco goodness!
    By Gladsadmad in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 09:44 AM
  5. Thank goodness
    By njfinfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 06:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •