Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: More Beneficial in 1st Round: OT or WR/TE?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • OT

0 0%
  • WR/TE

9 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NFL Draft: OT vs. WR/TE

1. -1
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo

2013 NFL Draft: OT vs. WR/TE

I have seen plenty of early mock drafts, and the majority I have seen have us drafting an OT, and many have Chance Warmack's name in our 12th slot. This bugs me, seeing the lack of offense we have and I am making this thread to see the general FinHeaven consensus here. I can see the argument in drafting an OT due to the idea of drafting a WR later on in the 2nd, however I am for trading down, gaining an additional 2nd and hitting on Justin Hunter in slots 20-25. We have invested a 1st overall pick into the offensive line...and Long didn't even last more than 5 seasons here (assuming he likely hits free agency). Jonathan Martin started at LT throughout his NCAA career in Stanford, but hasn't played lights out in the finals weeks of the 2012 season in Long's absence. There is no saying he does not turn the corner in 2013 though, making Long expendable. It's simple. Upgrading the offensive line would help this offense no doubt, but what is the point of investing in a line to give Tannehill a few extra seconds to find his receivers...when they can't find separation themselves worth a damn? I am done babbling, so what is the FinHeaven consensus, OT or WR/TE in the 1st? I included the WR and TE positions in the same slot due to them being skill positions.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So much depends on free agency and what players Miami keeps. The strength of the draft seems to fit our needs pretty well. There are some really outstanding pass rushers who could take this defense to the next level and that's the direction I'd go in R1. There are a lot of good receivers to be had in this draft, though maybe not a franchise guy. Lots of quality offensive lineman. TE and corner are pretty slim, I'd say. The Dolphins would be smart to find corner and tight end help in free agency.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Halo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Tannehill 17
    If we resign hartline and get a WR through FA then I don't see why not especially if we can't trade down for a TE. If we do like I said about resigning Hartline/WR through FA then I see our next biggest needs in this order CB/OG/DE/TE/SS/WR. It really depends on what happens in FA.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    So much depends on free agency and what players Miami keeps. The strength of the draft seems to fit our needs pretty well. There are some really outstanding pass rushers who could take this defense to the next level and that's the direction I'd go in R1. There are a lot of good receivers to be had in this draft, though maybe not a franchise guy. Lots of quality offensive lineman. TE and corner are pretty slim, I'd say. The Dolphins would be smart to find corner and tight end help in free agency.
    That is not a bad approach by any means if a guy like Barkevious Mingo falls to our 12th selection. In any other circumstance though, I am going for the offensive play makers, but as I said...if Mingo fell to us and we hit on him, I'd be content. I'm just basing this poll off the crowds in favor of OTs and WRs/TEs. The purpose of this thread wasn't to silently blast people who are for drafting a DE/CB in round 1, I am just looking for the consensus here on those 3 positions.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Outside USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DE pass rusher.....

get your WR and TE in free agency.....
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by edaniel1717 View Post
    DE pass rusher.....

get your WR and TE in free agency.....
    Wow...there is a sure recipe for disaster and inevitable failure.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    To anybody that says OT, welcome back! Sorry to hear about your coma through the 2000's. Let me catch you up: The game has changed. Stick to the playmakers in the top rounds and go cornfed later. Oh, and don't worry about that "twitter" thing you keep hearing about. It's garbage.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we draft an OL in the 1st., the anti-Ireland faction may bomb Jeff's house.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I say take a top rated WR with the first pick.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    If we draft an OL in the 1st., the anti-Ireland faction may bomb Jeff's house.
    If we draft an olineman in the 1st the Ireland supports may bomb Jeff's house!
    Quote Quote