Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Percy?

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Harvin is a huge talent who scores touchdowns but I have to echo what Crazy said. Why would they trade him? I don't really buy it.

The biggest issue with Harvin is not the migranes. Before this year he'd only missed three games in three years. It's his personality, which has always been, let's say, temperamental. If Philbin was on board shipping a guy like Marshall out of town I can't imagine him pounding the table to bring Harvin here.

Then there's the question of whether we even really know how to use him. Reggie Bush has some of the same versatility you find in Percy Harvin yet we barely exploited it. If you stick Percy Harvin out on the perimeter to run skinny posts all game long you're misusing him, yet based on the way we used Bush why should I imagine we'd do anything else?

All in all I'd rather find a way to end up with Steadman Bailey or a Tavon Austin if this is the kind of thing you're looking for.
    read the link and you will see why... he is in the final year of his contract and wants out... he could be used like Randall Cobb for GB in the slot, out wide, at runningback although they played Tavon some at RB in college he is too little to do so in pros..
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    Binns...?Aaron...Binns? You are seriously mentioning this guy in the line up and boasting about it?

Dude won't make it out of camp next season.
    I guess this comment was directed towards me... If you take mentioning the guy as a 5th Wide Receiver on the depth chart who may not even be active every game, then yes I am BOASTING about Armon Binns
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    some people dont think before they type do they?
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    If you trade for Harvin then there is no way you bring Bess back, which I'm fine with anyway. I would trade a third rounder for Harvin in a heartbeat.
    Why wouldn't you bring Bess back? As of now, depending on your opinion of Hartline, Bess is either the best or 2nd best WR on the team. If we bring in two other WR's that would still make him the 3rd or 4th best WR on this team. Last I checked teams run 3 and 4 WR sets all the time. . Bess would absolutely kill LB's and S's with his quickness in intermediate routes as the 4th WR on this team. It would also be foolish to get rid of Bess before we have somebody on the roster to take his place. Could Marshall be that guy in the future, possibly? But he isn't yet and neither is anybody else.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Percy?

I vote nay… his med history is just too, too ponderous. sad
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Day View Post
    Better, yes, but none of them may be willing to come to the Dolphins on their own free will. Players have to be drafted to traded on to this team. Players worth anything are not voluntarily coming to the Dolphins.
    Yea, bc recent sports history in Miami tells you that teams going into offseasons with large amounts of money to spend have trouble attracting talent to south florida.

Panthers, Marlins, Heat....they all have lots of trouble. What athlete wants to live in Miami? pffft.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would trade a conditional 2nd for him. Percy Harvin is perfect for this offense. His route running breaks ankles.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    J-E-T-S $uck - $uck - $uck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Percy would be a wet dream. I had hoped we would draft him when he came out of UF. He is worth the risk, there arent many like him playing today. I cant see the Vikes trading him though. Id give up the lower 2nd rounder for him in a heartbeat. Im really digging the Cordarrelle Patterson pick for who mentioned that earlier.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why do you want one of the most injury prone players in the league again? Out of curiosity, what good is giving up a second rounder for a player who will definitely miss at least 4 games every year. Maybe trade a 4th, or a conditional 4th that turns into a 3rd with playing time. If he could be relied upon, definitely a second, but....
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    we have all seen what Randall Cobb has done for Green Bay, with Harvin available I think he deserves a look I would give up a second rounder forsure.... and still sign Greg Jennings, bring back Hartline.... Jennings..Harvin..Hartline..Bess..Binns would be one of the better receiving cores in the league

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-will-be-back/
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I gotta say, the only thing more laughable than the Vikings trading Harvin for a 2nd round pick are the people in this thread saying the Dolphins shouldn't do that trade.

It gets better with people mindlessly calling him injury prone - missed 3 games total in his previous 3 seasons before this year.

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote