Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barry Jackson: Some FA Notes

1. -11
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    The kind of strength Martin needs cant be aquired in just one offseason in the weight room. You arent going to double your strength in 6 months.

As far as Jake Long goes, this is the first time I have heard that he was offered a contract mid-season. Too bad Barry Jackson doesnt say what his source is.
    Who said he had to "double his strength". He can make a ton of gains in one offseason. It is not just physical training, but improving his technique on the field. I think Martin can be solid next year.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Barry Jackson: Some FA Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    The kind of strength Martin needs cant be aquired in just one offseason in the weight room. You arent going to double your strength in 6 months.

As far as Jake Long goes, this is the first time I have heard that he was offered a contract mid-season. Too bad Barry Jackson doesnt say what his source is.
    You really think he needs to DOUBLE his strength?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    Martin was god awful and now we realize two thngs IMO.

1. Ireland cant draft for a wco. How do draft a tackle this bad in tje 2nd rnd?

2. We have one good olineman going into next season. Martin sucks, long wants a ton of $ and doesn't fit the offense, incog and Jerry definitely don't fit the mold of a guard.

Oline woes continue.
    Come on dude the sky isn't falling! You're comparing a rookies numbers being thrown in the fire and bounced from one side of the line to the other to a number 1 overall picked LT in jake long. Give the kid some time to develop for ****s sake!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To be honest, it seems like Tannehill was being hurry in every other throw so the whole oline was allowing a lot of pressures. Every time I hear or see how bad the oline played it gets me thinking about the so much money and picks that has been spent on the oline and they still sucked this season.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arammell View Post
    Come on dude the sky isn't falling! You're comparing a rookies numbers being thrown in the fire and bounced from one side of the line to the other to a number 1 overall picked LT in jake long. Give the kid some time to develop for ****s sake!
    Well, just remember that Long didn't allow that many sacks or hurries in his rookie year. I'm willing to give Martin time as I have no choice anyway but he played LT in college. That's his natural position so I'd expect him to make great progress in 2013 if he stays at LT.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xXwarXx View Post
    Martin was god awful and now we realize two thngs IMO.

1. Ireland cant draft for a wco. How do draft a tackle this bad in tje 2nd rnd?

2. We have one good olineman going into next season. Martin sucks, long wants a ton of $ and doesn't fit the offense, incog and Jerry definitely don't fit the mold of a guard.

Oline woes continue.
    Why does everything have to be so damn dramatic? I'm so sick of the blame Ireland for everything bull ****! How can we go from Jonathan Martin being a steal in this past draft to Ireland sucking so bad and blowing an obvious pick? Step away from the cliff because your whining is annoying as hell!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Well, just remember that Long didn't allow that many sacks or hurries in his rookie year. I'm willing to give Martin time as I have no choice anyway but he played LT in college. That's his natural position so I'd expect him to make great progress in 2013 if he stays at LT.

Ozzy rules!!
    I think that is a fine expectation to have him improve from this season to next. I'm pretty sure Jonathan Martin understands and has the same expectation for himself. It drives me nuts that people are already saying we swung and missed and that its all Ireland's fault.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What's dramatic about being worried we have 1 olineman that fits the zbs, amd pointing out the one Ireland drafted in the 2nd rnd is rated among the worst in the NFL.

This isn't dramatic, it's the truth. Martin was abysmal this year. He didn't look like he even belonged in the NFL. Got completely bullied.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Who said he had to "double his strength". He can make a ton of gains in one offseason. It is not just physical training, but improving his technique on the field. I think Martin can be solid next year.
    Of course he can make gains, but he isnt going to get to the strength level he needs to be at in one offseason. Many of these NFL players have been doing it for 10 years. The guy was consistently overpowered, and while you might be able compensate for lack of strenght with perfect technique, he still has a long way to go. 47 hurries is abosultely unacceptable.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

You really think he needs to DOUBLE his strength?
    Yes I do
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Are you guys watching the same Dolphins I am watching every single week? Long was getting beat often. I hope it was due to injury and not ineffectiveness. Martin IMO performed admirably and most likely will start on the left side next season.
    Its amazing, how I am certain we are all watching the same team, but have differing opinions on what is actually happening on the field.

I hope to see Jake back. But he will need to play much better than he did this season. Otherwise let Martin have the job. It is his position of choice and experience after all.

Ps..............Tannehills wife is to skinny and Macarrons girl friend is a barbie doll. Real women are where its at.
    Quote Quote