Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Barry Jackson: Some FA Notes

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CattailsrEdible View Post
    I think hartline wants to play for an Ohio team! His girl tweeted awhile back that Miami is no place to raise a family! Cleveland would be my guess!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
    I'm not sure I would want to raise a family in Cleveland, either
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hartline also said he wanted to play for a winner. That rules out Cleveland. That would be more like Cincinnati if he wants back in Ohio.

He would be a good fit in the bengals offense opposite AJ green, They lacked a Brian Hartline this year.

I still think Belicheck is going to steel him to replace Wes Welker. Makes the most sense to me.

Hartline will give a discount to the Patriots for a chance to win (just like everyone else.)

The Patriots have 4 Wide Receivers who are free agents and need to be resigned or replaced.

Hartline will have a monster year with Brady/Gronk/Hernandez and at half the cost of the higher priced FA recievers.

Hartline had 18 catches for 278 yards and 1Td against the Patriots over the last 2 season.

Belicheck subtracts one of our best weapons against him and then use them to make his team better (cheaper roster)

You heard it here 1st.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by CattailsrEdible View Post
    I think hartline wants to play for an Ohio team! His girl tweeted awhile back that Miami is no place to raise a family! Cleveland would be my guess!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
    Yeah, the "MEOW snap of the whip should always be considered in any NFL player negotiation. Do we think that little of Hartline or, that much of a girlfriend's twitter? LMAO
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Hartline also said he wanted to play for a winner. That rules out Cleveland. That would be more like Cincinnati if he wants back in Ohio.

He would be a good fit in the bengals offense opposite AJ green, They lacked a Brian Hartline this year.

I still think Belicheck is going to steel him to replace Wes Welker. Makes the most sense to me.

Hartline will give a discount to the Patriots for a chance to win (just like everyone else.)

The Patriots have 4 Wide Receivers who are free agents and need to be resigned or replaced.

Hartline will have a monster year with Brady/Gronk/Hernandez and at half the cost of the higher priced FA recievers.

Hartline had 18 catches for 278 yards and 1Td against the Patriots over the last 2 season.

Belicheck subtracts one of our best weapons against him and then use them to make his team better (cheaper roster)

You heard it here 1st.
    Hartline is not even close to Welker. Welker is a tough SOB with very good balance that can get off press coverage. Hartline is a ***sy that can't stay on his feet and disapears when pressed.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hartline to the Patriots is scary. Hartline may have an issue with falling down, but he catches everything. Best sideline, two feet inbound, WR in NFL....Brian Hartline.
    IT ALL STARTS IN THE TRENCHES!
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by False Alarm View Post
    PFF isn't really "'statistical analysis,'" i don't think. IIRC they grade players' performance on each snap all season and simply rank players based on the accumulation of positive and negative grades for each snap over the whole season. in other words, they evaluate with their eyeballs. i often disagree with them too, but from what i know it ain't like they're using football sabermetrics or something.
    I don't know what to make of them. It would be interesting to sit in on a session and see how they operate. I've worked in a stats office and there can be quite a bit of fluctuation from one guy to the next. Everybody has obvious strengths and weaknesses so it's sorted out along those lines, like players gravitating to their logical positions. I never like to comment on Pro Football Focus numbers since it's quite different than anything I've experienced, and we've never been treated to a sample, like a 5 minute clip of how they function. My best summary is they need some competition on the same level, to see how things match up. Heck, I can walk into Bird Bowl tomorrow and pretend a guy is awesome tour caliber until a legitimate star shows up two hours later.

I do know one thing, the percentages quoted on ESPN and elsewhere on likelihood of victory at given points of a game depending on situation are generic crap. If you want to hear guys howl, hang out with sports bettors when those percentages are asserted. It may sound swell if you want to claim it's a league average but once you try to pretend it applies to a given team in that particular game you're simply making a fool of yourself, even if unknowingly. For example, a 10 point favorite might be down by 3, early second quarter. The other team might have the ball first down at your 40. Now, there isn't a competent sports bettor alive who wouldn't realize that the 10 point favorite still enjoys a hefty likelihood to win the game, even if it's lower than initially. The favorite would be at least a 1/3 chalk. Yet ESPN clowns will use PFF numbers, or wherever they come from, and actually give the other team the theoretical edge. Unbelievable. There's something called "In Game" betting now that's increasingly popular. Instead of wagering stopping at kickoff, or second half wagers not taken once the second half kicks off, adjustments are made in the betting line throughout the game. Let me put it this way, every sharp bettor on the planet wishes those generic percentages were used during "In Game" wagering, and not the adjusted odds that account for team strength.
    Quote Quote