Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barry Jackson: Some FA Notes

1. -31
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    just ReRead my post and had a typo... I first put performed better than Long at Left tackle... which I rightfully changed to "will perform better in future years"
    i can see that.

honestly, i find long's decline really sad. from the second game of 2009 until about 2/3 of the way thru the 2010 season, long's play was absolutely dominant, the best stretch of tackle play i've ever seen from a dolphin (and i was a fan during the webb years). he looked like a surefire hall of famer and he hadn't even hit his prime yet. then he hurt his elbow, i think it was against tennessee, and the next week long was obviously not the same; julius peppers abused him. and ever since then it's just been a steady stream of injuries and declining play and it just sucks.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My gut tells me Miami is much better with Long at LT and Martin at RT. Or maybe my gut is telling me I'm hungry.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Barry Jackson: Some FA Notes

Quote Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
    My gut tells me Miami is much better with Long at LT and Martin at RT. Or maybe my gut is telling me I'm hungry.
    Im not saying we should hand him the big money but Long is still a great player. He wont last a week in free agency before he gets the money he wants. Long is better than Martin dont let the hate around here fool you.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Ireland can lock Long up for a reasonable price I don't think any of us should complain. I'd like to know what numbers Hartline and Long turned down during the season. Would be disheartening to hear Hartline is wanting big money.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310 View Post
    What were Longs rookie sack/hurry numbers? I mean, Martin wasn't drafted to be the LT. An offseason in the weight room and working with staff will improve his performance.
    They must have been low, because Chad Pennington made it through the season, the Dolphins only had a few turnovers, and he made the Pro Bowl. Martin is good, but he is no Jake Long.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by houtz View Post
    If Ireland can lock Long up for a reasonable price I don't think any of us should complain. I'd like to know what numbers Hartline and Long turned down during the season. Would be disheartening to hear Hartline is wanting big money.
    I dont think ANY free agent would ever accept the first offer that was made to them, especially when a GM will start low. I wouldnt think much of Hartine or Long's refusal so sign the very first thing offered.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    The data on Johnathan Martin is interesting. 17 hurries? That's a lot.
    and two of those games were against terrible defensive teams with poor pass rushers
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obviously price and health are the key factors with Long but he has been the best OL since Richmond Webb. If he can get healthy it's a no brainier we have to keep him no matter the cost. Out future QB depends on great blindside protection. Of course that's if he is healthy. We won't find anyone better. Keeping Long at LT and Martin at RT, along with Pounct at C, we can focus on our guard play.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    martin was bad in week 17...

interesting that jake and hartline both declined offers during the season...i wonder if jake wishes now he had signed...maybe...hartline i'm sure they low balled him and he wouldn't take the bait...betting on $5 mil plus per year now at least
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Barry Jackson: Some FA Notes

I think hartline wants to play for an Ohio team! His girl tweeted awhile back that Miami is no place to raise a family! Cleveland would be my guess!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
    Quote Quote